shape
carat
color
clarity

EC Solitiare/Flush Fit Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DCnewbie

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of designing a Solitaire with Pave on the shank for my lovely fiance to be with Pete at Quest. The stone which I have is a f/vvs1 2.1ct EC.

I know there are threads of ECs but not too many with a side view. I like a low profile look but I also want to be able to get the band as close to the ER as possible. So, I''ve conceded and have begun to embrace an EC that sits up a little. I at first wasn''t a big fan of a cathedral setting but it''s growing on me. So, can you all help me out with pictures. Keeping the flush setting in mind, what are my options. Am I stuck with a cathedral? Some of the other design elements is a 2.3mm shank, double-claw prongs, dainty basket. Thanks for your help

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm....its always hard to get a flush fit with an EC, unless you set the stone very high. such as in a cathedral-type setting like you mentioned. You can also look into split-shank settings (but she has to like that look), since that type of design will allow a w-band to sit close to it. Or, she could just embrace the idea of a small gap between the rings.... its not that bad!!! You get used to it!!!!

Good luck!
1.gif

DCnewbie

Rough_Rock
does anyone have good side profile pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results