shape
carat
color
clarity

EC Solitiare/Flush Fit Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DCnewbie

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of designing a Solitaire with Pave on the shank for my lovely fiance to be with Pete at Quest. The stone which I have is a f/vvs1 2.1ct EC.

I know there are threads of ECs but not too many with a side view. I like a low profile look but I also want to be able to get the band as close to the ER as possible. So, I''ve conceded and have begun to embrace an EC that sits up a little. I at first wasn''t a big fan of a cathedral setting but it''s growing on me. So, can you all help me out with pictures. Keeping the flush setting in mind, what are my options. Am I stuck with a cathedral? Some of the other design elements is a 2.3mm shank, double-claw prongs, dainty basket. Thanks for your help

Hmmm....its always hard to get a flush fit with an EC, unless you set the stone very high. such as in a cathedral-type setting like you mentioned. You can also look into split-shank settings (but she has to like that look), since that type of design will allow a w-band to sit close to it. Or, she could just embrace the idea of a small gap between the rings.... its not that bad!!! You get used to it!!!!

Good luck!
1.gif

does anyone have good side profile pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP