shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay Seller Gone Too Far!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I browse eBay often for semi-mountings so I was pleasantly surprised when I came across these 3 mountings:

Ring 1 Ring 2 Ring 3

Then I remember having seen these rings recently at a website. Without much efforts, I found the originals of all 3 rings from Knox:
Knox 1 Knox 2 Knox 3

The eBay seller pictures appear to be identical of Knox, only with Knox mark carefully blurred out.

Unless lan.bo4 is an alias of Knox, which I doubt, it simply means that lan.bo4 doesn''t really have these rings to sell but just ''borrowed'' pictures. This is very disturbing and reminded me of the recent story on PS about someone paid for upgrade diamonds but only received single cuts, and myself receiving the wrong ring that values less than I paid for. Again it is proven that this is not an honest seller. Just want to warn the community.

related thread
6.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting that. You never know about these e-bay sellers.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another ring this same seller is ''borrowing''.
38.gif

eBay ring

The original store item

Is this allowed by eBay policy? I hope nobody falls for the trick ended up buying based on these nice pictures, but receiving something different!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Terrible!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe e-bay isn''t aware of what they are doing, I''m not sure.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you alerted Knox?

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Ew, thanks for letting us know! I hate to see that kind of stuff.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi that is terrible that it is happening...

And it is against eBay policies to steal images...you can try to report it...there is a report link in the bottom of every listing...

But it would be best if Knox were notified and they need to contact eBay...and if possible become a VERO member (verified rights owner) if they can do that and they complain about a listing that is violating their ''rights'' eBay must remove it

eBay does not really police it own listings...it acts on reports

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting us know, Yingh. I''ll be adding that seller to my block list as well.

Now... I''m sure Knox would appreciate hearing from you!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
No complaints until I get my ring! I know the stone is gone and I have no proof if it is stolen or really lost.

Would it be possible that this seller is manufacturing for Knox? I am probably being too naive here!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yingh, thanks for the notice - I def. think you should email Knox with your findings,
they will surely appreciate it!
There is no chance this person manufactures for knox, they make their settings in the US not China
40.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definately contact Brian Knox so that he can report them to Ebay. Unfortunately, this happens all the time with Ebay sellers. I had once considered a lanbo.4 setting, but I will no longer give them a thought!!!!! Just goes to show that you will not get what you paid for!!!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
Thanks for pointing this out to us Yingh!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The id of this seller is lan.bo44 and I know of seller lan.bo4. Is he trying to steal lan.bo4''s identity as well by using a very similar user name? Or are they the same seller?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have reported ebay sellers to WF before when they were using their photos to sell their own crappy earrings and it was pulled once WF reported them. But usually the image owner must be the one to complain.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats what I thought TL ... I know these chinese sellers try to taint with other sellers names because it is all very competitive and since I got my lovely setting from lan.bo4 I''m going to give him the benefit of dooubt first... but would be great to find out exactly what is going on... .

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone mentioned this to Knox?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just emailed them.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
TL, the ID of this seller is lan.bo4, where do you see lan.bo44? I picked these items form lan.bo4''s item listed for sale. I knew something is strange with this guy when he told that he is selling under 4 different eBay IDs.
33.gif

Date: 4/14/2009 9:48:30 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
The id of this seller is lan.bo44 and I know of seller lan.bo4. Is he trying to steal lan.bo4''s identity as well by using a very similar user name? Or are they the same seller?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW. It''s insane considering lan.bo4 is one of the sellers that comes up often as a good seller of affordable settings. Definitely won''t buy from them.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 12:28:59 PM
Author: yingh
TL, the ID of this seller is lan.bo4, where do you see lan.bo44? I picked these items form lan.bo4''s item listed for sale. I knew something is strange with this guy when he told that he is selling under 4 different eBay IDs.
33.gif

Date: 4/14/2009 9:48:30 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

My fault - the store name is lan.bo44, but the seller id is lan.bo4. Thanks Yingh!! Sorry for the confusion.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I bet that he stole the images, because he can''t photograph. And even though he creates the setting and it looks VERY similar to the photo, it''s still stealing and he needs to take his own pictures.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:52:39 AM
Author: neatfreak
I have reported ebay sellers to WF before when they were using their photos to sell their own crappy earrings and it was pulled once WF reported them. But usually the image owner must be the one to complain.

Yeah I remember that. That''s good that the image owners have been informed.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Brian Knox says thank you and has contacted Ebay.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kewl!! Good for you Innerkitten for informing Brian and Yingh for bringing this to our attention!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
That is horrible! I was in Knox a few hours ago and tried the blue halo setting on!!!!! Thank you for reported them innerkitten!

ETA: I just looked through this seller's inventory, and if you notice, the background of the pictures are all different. Sellers use the same background to photograph their pieces. This guy has about 5-6 different settings for the jewelry pieces, so he likely steals the pictures from the same 5-6 sites. How awful! It's impossible to believe his feedback is so good! I wonder what his merchandise actually looks like when people get it!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:50:41 PM
Author: innerkitten

So glad you let him know!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I''m glad that you figured it out and didn''t buy from him. I always try to think the best of people... but this guy makes that really hard.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I called them after you did. Also called myjewelrysource.com. Let''s see what eBay will do. I am just quite angry about this guy, especially after I got to know him at a personal level and assumed him to be an honest businessman. I am so disappointed.
31.gif
29.gif

Date: 4/14/2009 3:50:41 PM
Author: innerkitten

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m glad that when I bought my setting from them they weren''t doing this kind of thing... They had really crappy pictures!

It''s obvious people would catch on, I really don''t get why anyone thinks stealing other people''s material is a good idea
38.gif

Glad it''s been reported though
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results