shape
carat
color
clarity

Easy if you''ve got Photoshop Skills....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I don''t have the skills OR the software.

Can someone please stick a plain rounded thin shank on Lovely''s ring here?

loveyPSrequest.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 6:14:27 PM
Author:Gypsy
Unfortunately I don''t have the skills OR the software.

Can someone please stick a plain rounded thin shank on Lovely''s ring here?
is the sizing on it okay? the band diameter and stone diameter?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. 6x6 asscher -- 1.7 to 2 mm band?
9.gif

THANK YOU!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Irina!
2.gif

I found an existing setting I like. It''s very reasonable. But... I wanted to see if I still prefered this look.

Does it work, do you think?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This width is more like 1.7 -2 mm, about would it work or not it''s a personal taste. I would try to make a wide flat band (if you are trying to bring cost down by eliminating pave on the shank, do you?). This will give it surely an unusual modern look i think. Let me know if i should photoshop such model.

Gipsy992.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of it is cost. But honestly, it's mostly maintanence. More pave = more opportunity to lose pave. Plus I really do like the plain shanked halo rings I've seen.

Sure, alter the ring as you like. I TOTALLY trust your taste.

I was also considering little softer halo than that one though... smaller melee and no milgrain. MAYBE the corners a little more rounded as well.

ETA:

I forgot to THANK YOU for your help Irina. Thank you.
35.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 7:21:21 PM
Author: Gypsy
Some of it is cost. But honestly, it''s mostly maintanence. More pave = more opportunity to lose pave. Plus I really do like the plain shanked halo rings I''ve seen.

Sure, alter the ring as you like. I TOTALLY trust your taste.

I was also considering little softer halo than that one though... smaller melee and no milgrain. MAYBE the corners a little more rounded as well.

ETA:

I forgot to THANK YOU for your help Irina. Thank you.
35.gif
oooh gypsy!!! like a *cushion* outline? :D Boy talk about killing two birds with one stone!! ;-) I''d love to see that at least... I hope it looks good!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ok, now i understand your motivations better here is what i would suggest. As you are not looking for saving $$ on the band heavy curved band is what i would go with. Let me know if you would like to see it photoshopped on your hand

GupsyWBand2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that. Reminds me of a MWM design.

Would you mind terribly if I asked you to split shank that? Tapered or parallel, I don''t know. I''m thinking tapered from that pic... what do you think?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 12:36:01 PM
I like that. Reminds me of a MWM design.

Would you mind terribly if I asked you to split shank that? Tapered or parallel, I don''t know. I''m thinking tapered from that pic... what do you think?
how do you like the more curved cushiony halo, gypsy?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the more curved halo A LOT. It keeps the octagonal shape, but also isn''t so geometric.

As for parallel or tapered: Tapered : Parallel =O= .. hope that makes sense. THANK YOU!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here is the tapered, you need to tell me more about how you see parallel.

SplitGypsA.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm. I prefer the solid to that one.

I see parallel like tawn''s ring. Let me find that pic...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the thicker slim single shank.

I like the really thick single shank.

And I like the one like Tawn''s shank.

But I''m wondering if I like the setting I saw IRL more... or if I''m just lazy and don''t want to deal with custom.
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Well, I''m going to go see the RL setting again this weekend and then I''ll decide. It won''t save my any money either way, unfortunately.

THANK YOU IRINA and CEHRA. Cehra I''m waiting to see how your Ocean project finishes. Can I ask for a ballpark idea of what her prices are like?

Irina... as always, you are the best.
36.gif
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 10:30:05 PM
Okay. Well, I''m going to go see the RL setting again this weekend and then I''ll decide. It won''t save my any money either way, unfortunately.

THANK YOU IRINA and CEHRA. Cehra I''m waiting to see how your Ocean project finishes. Can I ask for a ballpark idea of what her prices are like?

Irina... as always, you are the best.
36.gif
36.gif
I really can''t say... but it wouldn''t hurt to drop wink a line and ask her for an estimate :) I wish I could say everything I know but it just isn''t my place to do so... I adore, admire, respect, and am in awe of this woman.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 1:51:56 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I really can''t say... but it wouldn''t hurt to drop wink a line and ask her for an estimate :) I wish I could say everything I know but it just isn''t my place to do so... I adore, admire, respect, and am in awe of this woman.
As soon as I wrote this I had to call her because I missed her. I kept thinking of all of these things about her and I just MISSED her. (sorry - no update on the ring, I didn''t even ask) but I did talk to her a little bit about the sorts of pieces she wants to do in the future and she said meaningful pieces. She doesn''t have a specific style like MM or LM, she enjoys exploring all sorts of different styles from art nouveau to modern and everything in between. She is extremely creative and really connects with you to almost tease out of you what is important, not just in style, but in what the piece *means* to you. She isn''t just a benchperson, or a designer for temporary settings... she is a very spiritual woman who, aside from making an absolutely beautiful in every detail piece, really connects you and the piece together. She isn''t cheap, but what she gives you is worth more than money. I am so grateful to wink for connecting us... and I will think about her every day for the rest of my life for the gifts she has given me. Wink talks about her doing heirloom pieces and that''s half the story... the other half is that she creates spiritually meaningful pieces and that is worth far more than its weight in platinum. She is such a real person. She knows her talent, knows her worth, but has no pretense. She is adaptable and creative and soulful and talented. And interesting! And nice too :) I have no idea what she would quote you and I wouldn''t try to guess... but if any of this strikes a chord in you, I wouldn''t hesitate to write wink a note....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 2:58:33 PM
Date: 4/19/2007 1:51:56 PM
I adore, admire, respect, and am in awe of this woman.
As soon as I wrote this I had to call her because I missed her. I kept thinking of all of these things about her and I just MISSED her. She is extremely creative and really connects with you to almost tease out of you what is important, not just in style, but in what the piece *means* to you. she is a very spiritual woman who really connects you and the piece together. I am so grateful to wink for connecting us... and I will think about her every day for the rest of my life for the gifts she has given me. she creates spiritually meaningful pieces and that is worth far more than its weight in platinum. She is such a real person. She knows her talent, knows her worth, but has no pretense. She is adaptable and creative and soulful and talented. And interesting!

3.gif
31.gif
*cough* GIRLCRUSH *cough*
2.gif

Gyp:

I dunno -- I like the tapered solid band leading up to the halo ... yet, it strikes me as a bit masculine for some reason?? Modern, clean, bold, beefier, plumpy but -- dude-ish??? It''s so much like your current setting too kinda -- with a halo glommed on.

On a thinner band it looks more dainty - would flatter the asscher more. AIGH I am so torn.

What does the B&M setting you''re looking at look like???

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 3:27:03 PM
Author: decodelighted

3.gif
31.gif
*cough* GIRLCRUSH *cough*
2.gif

Gyp:

I dunno -- I like the tapered solid band leading up to the halo ... yet, it strikes me as a bit masculine for some reason?? Modern, clean, bold, beefier, plumpy but -- dude-ish??? It''s so much like your current setting too kinda -- with a halo glommed on.

On a thinner band it looks more dainty - would flatter the asscher more. AIGH I am so torn.

What does the B&M setting you''re looking at look like???
ROFLMAOPIMP!!!! Omg sometimes you tick me off and most of the time you crack me up, this is one of the latter times - LOL!!! Too funny :D

I still kinda like the split prong myself... but the thin polished band is second. I like the wider one but it doesn''t seem ''you'' - not that I can definie ''you'' LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 4:31:18 PM
Author: Pricescope
One with the kite set
ooooh ooooh oooooooooooh!!! I like this one best!!!!!!!!! I love the little flourish at the points too!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 4:31:18 PM
Author: Pricescope
One with the kite set
I have to say more... I love how the diamonds come just a wee point on the sides and the metal meets up half way between them and the n/s ends. It''s totally in balance. OMG I love this - if you don''t do this one gypsy, I hope someone does!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I will talk to Ocean Cehra.
2.gif
I can't wait till your project is done!

Deco... I was thinking that today when I looked at the thick shank one... I love it on the one hand, on the other I really wanted a single shank so that I could do two pave bands on either side when I wanted to dress it up (and one plain band for everyday).

The other ring isn't a halo. It's a pretty nice Tacori setting I've been eyeing for a while now. The way it would be done would be almost like a half bezel... so that the square corners are emphasized. I saw it again a couple of days ago, and got an online qoute for it... and it's reasonable... but about the same price as custom. I like the delicacy of it, and the detail on it. I also like that I don't have to deal with custom.

ETA: I LOVE The kite style. I was seriously considering setting my diamond that way for a while. Makes it look bigger too. Um? Can I see it with a thinner band... with that same stunning trail of diamonds out from the corners?
31.gif

Also... what do you guys think of the double claw prongs. I thought I wanted them... but now I'm not so sure at all.
8.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That halo on that kite style is different from lovey''s it''s more glittery and fine. I ADORE that BTW. And its a little thicker too in a strange way... as in the diamonds are thicker... but not the halo plus metal... just less metal showing. Which I REALLY like alot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results