shape
carat
color
clarity

Easy if you''ve got Photoshop Skills....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 5:32:46 PM
Author: Gypsy

I will talk to Ocean Cehra.
2.gif
I can''t wait till your project is done!

Deco... I was thinking that today when I looked at the thick shank one... I love it on the one hand, on the other I really wanted a single shank so that I could do two pave bands on either side when I wanted to dress it up (and one plain band for everyday).

The other ring isn''t a halo. It''s a pretty nice Tacori setting I''ve been eyeing for a while now. The way it would be done would be almost like a half bezel... so that the square corners are emphasized. I saw it again a couple of days ago, and got an online qoute for it... and it''s reasonable... but about the same price as custom. I like the delicacy of it, and the detail on it. I also like that I don''t have to deal with custom.

ETA: I LOVE The kite style. I was seriously considering setting my diamond that way for a while. Makes it look bigger too. Um? Can I see it with a thinner band... with that same stunning trail of diamonds out from the corners?
31.gif

Also... what do you guys think of the double claw prongs. I thought I wanted them... but now I''m not so sure at all.
8.gif

I like that kite one too, Isn''t it pretty? Its so unique too! I love things outside the box, or in this case have the box on the bias ;-) Still, if you really don''t want to deal with custom, it might be negative to do so... though I suspect (I could be wrong) that you really do want a custom ring, but are tired of feeling disappointed? Another thing I like about irina''s design above is that the trail of diamonds makes the halo an accent rather than just a "halo" yet still alludes to a larger stone... plus the bias does that too.

as for the double claws I think they have their place, but I think it really depends on the rest of the piece. Whatever is most important to you - that should go first. For me most important was the 8 prongs and their placement and everything else kinda fell into place around it. If you chose the kite setting I think double prongs would look nice but I wouldn''t necessarily claw them or point them, I''d go with subtle tiny round ones to match the beadset. If you choose a traditionally oriented stone with no halo and just a plain metal band, i think the claws would add a nice touch.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 5:45:17 PM
That halo on that kite style is different from lovey''s it''s more glittery and fine. I ADORE that BTW. And its a little thicker too in a strange way... as in the diamonds are thicker... but not the halo plus metal... just less metal showing. Which I REALLY like alot.
okay... this is going to sound very different but if I were doing your ring haha - I would do this design of irina''s and put TWELVE prongs! three at each corner... one on the corner in the middle and one equidistant to the side. And I''d make them *tiny*. So that the whole ring took on that feminine and uniform look. I don''t think I describe it well... maybe it''s just me and I like lots of prongs LOL but if the diamond were on a seat and the prongs just kinda lipped over the girdle... you could still have lovely filigree under that allowed light in and those tiny prongs wouldn''t cover more than 8 long pointed prongs. Just in a different way. Bezels look very modern to me on asschers, and prongs look more feminine. I don''t know what sort of look you want - probably both if you''re anything like me LOL!!! I agree about the halo, its nice that there is no ridge detail and it kinda blends into the rest of the ring. Almost like true pave.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
OH!!!!!! That kite design is to LIVE FOR!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love it!!! Irina you''re definitely a design genius!!!
17.gif

I would agree with Cehra about smaller prongs, but I don''t think I''d overwhelm the design using 3 for each corner. I also really like the idea of the diamonds tapering off a bit; gives the final touch to the masterpiece.

The only "down side" I see to the kite is the wedding band(s). Not sure how that would work...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 7:08:41 PM
Author: isaku5
OH!!!!!! That kite design is to LIVE FOR!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Love it!!! Irina you''re definitely a design genius!!!
17.gif

I would agree with Cehra about smaller prongs, but I don''t think I''d overwhelm the design using 3 for each corner. I also really like the idea of the diamonds tapering off a bit; gives the final touch to the masterpiece.

The only ''down side'' I see to the kite is the wedding band(s). Not sure how that would work...
that could be handled in the gallery... and how high the stone is etc. Or she could get two curved bands designed to fit... or she could wear it alone.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina contines to AMAZE!!!
36.gif

The kite-set def. femmes it up -- yet, kite set doesn''t appeal to me *personally*. I can''t even explain why - other than it turns what I love about asschers askew. The word "stumpy" comes to mind. AIIGH!

Gyp - if I were you -- I''d send my ering off to Maytal with a bunch of pictures of rings you *like* but aren''t quite right & see what she says. (Or Ocean ?? Whatever) Keep in mind I''ve had TWO GLASSES of wine and am seeing crosseyed right now. HA! I''m a lightweight!!!

p.s == Cehra:
9.gif
Thank goodness this one wasn''t lost in translation!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow...I'm way late to this thread. There is some terrific design work going on here!
36.gif

LOL I keep going back and forth trying to figure out which I like best. I guess my favs would be Irinas thicker tapered band, then the tapered split shank version...but I dunno!

Regarding the prongs: for some reason I like them a lot less in the kite configuration...too busy looking maybe?

Gypsy, once you decide what you want, and if it's going custom, I'd check with Maytal, too. My guess is that she might be a tad more affordable...

How exciting!
3.gif

widget

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been considering Maytal....

I talked to Bostonian Jewelers.

Wanted to talk to Vatche about a qoute...but haven''t.

I''m waiting to see how Cehra''s finishes.

Still trying to decide on platinum, paladium or WG with Paladium so it doesn''t yellow.

Thinking HI melee would be okay. But I would prefer G-H

So many decisions. LOL.

32.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 9:35:29 PM
I have been considering Maytal....

I talked to Bostonian Jewelers.

Wanted to talk to Vatche about a qoute...but haven''t.

I''m waiting to see how Cehra''s finishes.

Still trying to decide on platinum, paladium or WG with Paladium so it doesn''t yellow.

Thinking HI melee would be okay. But I would prefer G-H

So many decisions. LOL.

32.gif
Gypsy - remember, the ring I''m having done is pretty unique LOL And it could be a few months before its done ;-) If you contact her through wink I wouldn''t be surprised if she''d share some of her work with you providing you don''t pass it on or post it. She has very diverse talents. If you want it to last forever, splurge on the platinum. She uses the same 90/10 blend MM uses. Once I found that out it made my switch to plat easier, I still sometimes mourn the buttery creamy color, but oh well, I need this to endure! :) I know you''re looking for a lifetime ring as well... and as such I would resist trends and fads and go for something really showstopping and unique. Like Irina''s design
30.gif
it would be timeless... If you are looking for a ring that you will love the rest of your life and will be very meaningful to you, Ocean is the way to go. I don''t know if she''s right for you, if you really want that sort of emotional committment to your ring... there are a lot of other places you can go for a well executed design :) Vatche might be a good option... I didn''t know they did custom work?!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''m going to do smaller double claw prongs... more discrete... I don''t like too much prong action with this setting.

As for Ocean... I know your is unique... so I''ll ask for for other work.

How do you think that stunning Kite style will work with a smaller band 2mm band??

Irina... what is the pave style difference with that halo and lovey''s beadset? How do I ask for that????
33.gif
That''s EXACTLY what I want on ANY halo. THANK YOU AGAIN IRINA!

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 6:14:27 PM
Author:Gypsy
Unfortunately I don''t have the skills OR the software.

Can someone please stick a plain rounded thin shank on Lovely''s ring here?

Who is this lovely? That stone is drop dead gorgeous. Anyone have the link or anythign that talks about the ring you all have been editing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVEY (I spelled her name wrong) is the owner of that beautiful ring by Leon Mage. I would do a search on "lovey ring"

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results