shape
carat
color
clarity

East West Marquise Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Equator

Rough_Rock
Hi, all...

I once saw a marquise solitaire which was mounted horizontally (facing east west, instead of a north east). I''ve finally acquired a .40pts marquise stone, and is wondering whether anyone would care to post pictures for me to get some ideas on how to set this stone.

Thanks

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
M85III.jpg

Equator

Rough_Rock
Thanks, akmiss.

Any idea how to make my tiny stone look bigger without adding a halo around it or having a thick bezel setting ?

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 10:27:18 AM
Author: paeony
Here''s my absolute favorite:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-w-82-marquise-with-greenlake-jewelry-works-custom-setting.45411/

If you don''t want a halo or bezel, I think if you make the points a little thicker, it gives the illusion of a longer stone.
I''m not a big marquise person but I would wear that in a hearbeat!!! Gorgeous!

I''m pretty sure there is an EW one on James Allen with a halo but I cant get to their website right now. I''ll try to post the link later.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 11:35:35 AM
Author: tyty333
Date: 2/21/2009 10:27:18 AM

Author: paeony

Here''s my absolute favorite:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-w-82-marquise-with-greenlake-jewelry-works-custom-setting.45411/

If you don''t want a halo or bezel, I think if you make the points a little thicker, it gives the illusion of a longer stone.

I''m not a big marquise person but I would wear that in a hearbeat!!! Gorgeous!

I''m pretty sure there is an EW one on James Allen with a halo but I cant get to their website right now. I''ll try to post the link later.

I''m not much into marquise either but I agree, that one is definitely one I''d wear and love!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have always liked the e-w marquise ring on the left in this pic:

barmakian 1 marquise with pave.jpg

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t find a picture of the setting I have in mind, so I took the liberty of drawing it in paint
9.gif
The diamond would be held by a groove in either side of the ring, so the tips would be sort of exposed. I''ve seen this type of setting on someone before, and it looks fabulous!

marquisSettingbkgirl.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 8:39:45 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I have always liked the e-w marquise ring on the left in this pic:
DB, love that setting, do you know who does it?

I''d to find a great deal on a marquise right now.

Equator

Rough_Rock
Wow !! Great ideas !!!

I think I love the Whitney Boin the best. It looks amazing !! Although I doubt my stone would be long enough to achieve that look. =-( How many points do you think is the "minimum requirement" for this setting ? It doesn''t look to secure, though... Not that my stone is so preciously irreplaceable, but I''d hate to lose a stone, off course....

Maybe I''d go with David Keeling''s design... Hmm.... or maybe a Vatche ???

Argh... so many ideas, so few stones !!! LOL !

sazza

Rough_Rock
I know this is a little more than a solitaire but it''s just so pretty

http://www.23rdstreetjewelers.com/images/Rings/dSMR3596-lg.gif

I love to have pretty much anything from that place
18.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lot''s of great ideas. I didn''t even think I would like EW set rings but I got one for Christmas (a garnet) and I love it. Have fun shopping.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think an east west marquis would look gorgeous with a bezel
35.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
I think this might be only costume jewellery but it''s such a unique design that I saved it to my favorites. I thought it was something that could be replicated with precious stones quite easily.... Personally I just love it (but it''s not for everyone I''m sure!)

Marquise ring.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:21:39 PM
Author: MMT
I think an east west marquis would look gorgeous with a bezel
35.gif
Ditto!! I love that look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results