shape
carat
color
clarity

easier way to read 1 post in search??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hello! Thank you for running a wonderful forum!

Just a few small suggestions: It can be hard to find the post I want to read in a long thread. These days I look mostly on the Family Home and Health section. Some of the threads are many pages long. When I search a particular term, say, "bugaboo stroller", I might get directed to a thread (preggos thread) that is over 700 pages long! I don''t know of a way to read the exact post(s) that pertain to my topic. So, I might end up starting a duplicate thread to request info that has already been asked and given before.

On a similar note, it can be hard to navigate within a thread to find the page that I want. For example, the preggos thread (again, over 700 pages long). Say that I want to read about something that happened some time ago. It is hard to go back to, say, page 500 without going through a cumbersome process of clicking on the arrows over and over. It would be awesome if you could "jump to page xx" and indicate what page you want to see. The same option would be helpful when searching posts by author.

Thanks again for considering everyone''s feedback and for a great forum!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 10:52:34 PM
Author:TanDogMom
hello! Thank you for running a wonderful forum!

Just a few small suggestions: It can be hard to find the post I want to read in a long thread. These days I look mostly on the Family Home and Health section. Some of the threads are many pages long. When I search a particular term, say, ''bugaboo stroller'', I might get directed to a thread (preggos thread) that is over 700 pages long! I don''t know of a way to read the exact post(s) that pertain to my topic. So, I might end up starting a duplicate thread to request info that has already been asked and given before.

On a similar note, it can be hard to navigate within a thread to find the page that I want. For example, the preggos thread (again, over 700 pages long). Say that I want to read about something that happened some time ago. It is hard to go back to, say, page 500 without going through a cumbersome process of clicking on the arrows over and over. It would be awesome if you could ''jump to page xx'' and indicate what page you want to see. The same option would be helpful when searching posts by author.

Thanks again for considering everyone''s feedback and for a great forum!
Hey TDM, I had the same issue with the pregnancy thread and thought I''d help you out until there is a solution.

If you look at the web address it usually goes like this: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-the-pregnant-psers.47081/page-732

If you know that you want to read something on page 500, you can just change the pageNo=732 to pageNo=500 and it''ll take you to page 500.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 5:43:16 PM
Author: fiery

Hey TDM, I had the same issue with the pregnancy thread and thought I''d help you out until there is a solution.

If you look at the web address it usually goes like this: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-the-pregnant-psers.47081/page-732

If you know that you want to read something on page 500, you can just change the pageNo=732 to pageNo=500 and it''ll take you to page 500.

WooHoo, Fiery, THAT is a GREAT tip!!! Thanks for sharing!
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, that is a great tip! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results