shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings on Whiteflash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am a total newbie here wanting to buy a pair of diamond earrings with my company bonus. Now this is not a lot of money we are talking about here, but never the less will be the first pair of dimond earrings i ever own in my life
26.gif

I have been looking at whiteflash lately, and just wondering, if its better to get loose diamonds and set them? or their ready-to-go are really decent as well? I wanted a pair of 0.5ct each earrings (my ears are only small, anything bigger sort of look a bit OTT)

So what are the pros and cons of loose setting diamonds and ready to go ones? I live overseas so this purchase will sort of be quite risk taking as well.

Thanks in advance!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For .5 each, I would choose the individual stones. I guess the main advantage is if you ever wanted to upgrade them, you could. I also enjoyed the search for two perfectly matched stones. It took a little patience, but I finally found them! What color and clarity are you interested in?

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 12:25:36 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
For .5 each, I would choose the individual stones. I guess the main advantage is if you ever wanted to upgrade them, you could. I also enjoyed the search for two perfectly matched stones. It took a little patience, but I finally found them! What color and clarity are you interested in?

Hi diamondseeker2006,

Thanks for your reply, I was actually thinking the same thing about upgrade, however i am the kind of person who always get attached to things lol! (especially this is the first pair of diamond earrings i am going to own :) so its not a really important feature)

As for color, i am looking at something like H SI, but then again, i am not sure what kind of color should look sparkly on ears, i am totally open for suggestion.

Thanks again!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
www.jamesallen.com

They have a LOT of diamonds in the 0.5 carat range. Run a search there and see what you come up with.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, would you mind my asking your budget, it will make it easier to make suggestions.
You could safely go as low as an I or a J in an ideally cut diamond and still have it look white. Color and clarity have less to do with sparkle than CUT.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 12:50:52 AM
Author: hikerchick
BTW, would you mind my asking your budget, it will make it easier to make suggestions.
You could safely go as low as an I or a J in an ideally cut diamond and still have it look white. Color and clarity have less to do with sparkle than CUT.
hmmm... something happened to my post but anyway, here we go again.

I am looking at no more than $2000US because when i get them send over it will incur custom duties as well.

I was looking at WF''s ACA diamonds and dont mind to go a bit smaller as my earlobes are quite small. As a matter of fact 0.3 actually look quite normal on my ears.

Thanks!

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 1:31:01 AM
Author: Hammurabi

Date: 3/26/2007 1:22:30 AM
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=865293
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=865247

If these are eyeclean, they look nice.
Thanks hikerchick! they do look rather nice! i have just sent them an email ask if they are eyeclean.

I also saw these on WF,
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=231919,231922

what do you think? any comments welcome :)
Those also look great as long as they are eye-clean so ask them. You cannot go wrong with an WF ACA.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much hikerchick! At least now i have a start :)

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Jennifer from James Allen replied to me very quickly. I am impress with the speed of replies from her.

Now Jennifer has confirmed both stones are eye clean, i really like this
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=865247

however the other one, the inclusion is much bigger, having said that, Jennifer said its only visible under magifying glass, I can see it easily of course under X13, what do you think?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=865247

because of PS and I am wiring the money, the price is very attractive ($758 each - can i actually post prices here?)

Do you think they are worthwhile?

P/S I am still waiting for WF to get back to me on the other stones.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
It is a personal choice. I believe JA is a highly regarded vendor here and if it were me, I would get the pair. They are very well matched and a good price for that color I think but the choice is yours. When they said it was eye-clean, did they define eye-clean? Can you atleast put a hold on it? Good Luck with the decision.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like the inclusion on the second stone is both black and under the table, so I would pass, although I suppose it is possible that it would be completely eye-clean.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Thanks hikerchick! Jennifer said that because of the size of the diamonds, the inclusion are only visible under magification.

really like them :) they can only put it on hold for 24 hours though...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The main advantage of picking individual stones from whiteflash over the ready set go option is the upgrade policy. Ready set go diamonds cannot be traded in. In case you ever decide to buy a pendant with the stones or get bigger stones...or whatever, if you pick individual expert selection or a cut above stones you can trade them in for 100% value later on while ready set go cannot.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 10:09:39 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Looks like the inclusion on the second stone is both black and under the table, so I would pass, although I suppose it is possible that it would be completely eye-clean.
Hi boston_jeff,

Thanks for your input, sorry to be so ignorant, but would you mind to explain what is "both black and under the table"? is that bad?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 10:28:07 PM

Hi boston_jeff,

Thanks for your input, sorry to be so ignorant, but would you mind to explain what is 'both black and under the table'? is that bad?
The inclusion is both black and under the table of the diamond so it is in a position and of a color to be visible but if JA is saying it is eye-clean, it just might be ??? You will have to decide if you want to take a chance with it.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 11:28:32 PM

Date: 3/26/2007 10:28:07 PM

Hi boston_jeff,

Thanks for your input, sorry to be so ignorant, but would you mind to explain what is ''both black and under the table''? is that bad?
The inclusion is both black and under the table of the diamond so it is in a position and of a color to be visible but if JA is saying it is eye-clean, it just might be ??? You will have to decide if you want to take a chance with it.
ahh... thanks hikerchick!

so, compare to http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=865293 that means this one''s inclusion is not under the table, so where is it actually located? on the surface?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 11:47:21 PM
ahh... thanks hikerchick!

so, compare to http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=130&item=865293 that means this one''s inclusion is not under the table, so where is it actually located? on the surface?
Hi Hammurabi,

Ideally, one wants inclusions off to the side of the table, but you can often have one under the table that doesn''t show. This one looks like it has one under the table, and one off to the side. However, it looks like it could be totally eyeclean, you really can''t tell just from pictures. Just ask Jim!

Also, just a FYI, I own a pair of studs, one is G, one is H, I can''t tell them apart.
28.gif

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen for your reply!

I have spoken with Sheerah from Whiteflash today and she also sent me an email in regards to these two stones

Now Sheerah inspected them for me and advised they are eye clean and the inclusions are white, i think its eye clean from 8cm & 25 cm repectively

Sheerah is also going to ask the photographer to get me a side by side picture. Pricing wise JA and WF are pretty much similar (WF is about $60 more on each stone)

Sorry to hassle you guys like this, but I really value your opinions and i thank you all for helping me in picking my first pair or earrings!
28.gif

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 6:49:54 PM
Thanks Ellen for your reply!

I have spoken with Sheerah from Whiteflash today and she also sent me an email in regards to these two stones

Now Sheerah inspected them for me and advised they are eye clean and the inclusions are white, i think its eye clean from 8cm & 25 cm repectively

Sheerah is also going to ask the photographer to get me a side by side picture. Pricing wise JA and WF are pretty much similar (WF is about $60 more on each stone)

Sorry to hassle you guys like this, but I really value your opinions and i thank you all for helping me in picking my first pair or earrings!
28.gif

I vote these.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
You won''t be able to tell the difference between the F from JA and the G from WF . . . if the extra $60 per diamond is okay with you, I would go for the WF ones. Also, ask for the Pricescope discount . . . on ACA diamonds I think WF gives a 5% discount, so that will save you a little money. Good Luck and let us know what you decide.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Sheerah from WF just sent me a side by side picture of the rocks... i think they look beautiful! what do you think?

Ham1.jpg

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 6:47:24 PM
Sheerah from WF just sent me a side by side picture of the rocks... i think they look beautiful! what do you think?
They look GORGEOUS !!!!
Are you gonna get them?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
36.gif

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 6:54:08 PM

Date: 3/28/2007 6:47:24 PM
They look GORGEOUS !!!!
Are you gonna get them?
18.gif
yeah... hehhee...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results