shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings on Whiteflash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 6:55:54 PM
Author: Hammurabi

Date: 3/28/2007 6:54:08 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 3/28/2007 6:47:24 PM
Sheerah from WF just sent me a side by side picture of the rocks... i think they look beautiful! what do you think?
They look GORGEOUS !!!!
Are you gonna get them?
18.gif
yeah... hehhee...
Oh congrats, they are gorgeous!!!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are stunning...go for it!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 12:20:49 AM
Author:Hammurabi
Hi,

I am a total newbie here wanting to buy a pair of diamond earrings with my company bonus. Now this is not a lot of money we are talking about here, but never the less will be the first pair of diamond earrings i ever own in my life
26.gif

I have been looking at whiteflash lately, and just wondering, if its better to get loose diamonds and set them? or their ready-to-go are really decent as well? I wanted a pair of 0.5ct each earrings (my ears are only small, anything bigger sort of look a bit OTT)

So what are the pros and cons of loose setting diamonds and ready to go ones? I live overseas so this purchase will sort of be quite risk taking as well.

Thanks in advance!
Hammurabi sorry to come in so late to this thread boy this place moves quickly. Anyway I am an Aussie and have bought twice from Pricescope vendors. Once was a loose stone which I had set by Garry's team at Precious Metal and I also bought a pair of expert selection earrings from Whitelflash. Both experiences were incredibly successful and saved a lot of money IMO.
You have to remember to factor in the duty + GST on the stone and the setting. My earrings cost all up about $ Au2600 last year when the dollar was weaker and they are stunning here is the link My earrings

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 9:09:31 PM
Author: katebar

Hi,

I am a total newbie here wanting to buy a pair of diamond earrings with my company bonus. Now this is not a lot of money we are talking about here, but never the less will be the first pair of diamond earrings i ever own in my life
26.gif

I have been looking at whiteflash lately, and just wondering, if its better to get loose diamonds and set them? or their ready-to-go are really decent as well? I wanted a pair of 0.5ct each earrings (my ears are only small, anything bigger sort of look a bit OTT)

So what are the pros and cons of loose setting diamonds and ready to go ones? I live overseas so this purchase will sort of be quite risk taking as well.

Thanks in advance!
Hammurabi sorry to come in so late to this thread boy this place moves quickly. Anyway I am an Aussie and have bought twice from Pricescope vendors. Once was a loose stone which I had set by Garry''s team at Precious Metal and I also bought a pair of expert selection earrings from Whitelflash. Both experiences were incredibly successful and saved a lot of money IMO.
You have to remember to factor in the duty + GST on the stone and the setting. My earrings cost all up about $ Au2600 last year when the dollar was weaker and they are stunning here is the link My earrings
ohhh!!! thanks katebar! I actually read your thread and thought your earrings look absolutely stunning! (I am going for three prong martini too!)
its great to know that your experience with online vendors were so successful and thanks for sharing! :)
I know there will be customs and duty and to be honest it actually works out to be much cheaper than buying here in aus. As a matter of fact one of the retailers i enquired before called me in to have a look at a few stones and i thought why not. Not going into details, they are both larger at 0.5 and 0.51 carat (F color VS2). The lady was quite rude to start with, and the final price they quoted me with 18k whitegold settings was $6500 AUD (down from $7600)

the dossier from GIA only say VG/VG with an excellent on one stone with polish and symmetry, and when i plugged the figures in HCA one score returned as 4.9.

I know really nothing about diamonds compare to a lot of people, but i dont think i will pay $6500 AUD for those two rocks

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 10:12:32 PM

Date: 3/30/2007 9:09:31 PM
Author: katebar

Hi,

26.gif

Thanks in advance!
Hammurabi sorry to come in so late to this thread boy this place moves quickly. Anyway I am an Aussie and have bought twice from Pricescope vendors. Once was a loose stone which I had set by Garry''s team at Precious Metal and I also bought a pair of expert selection earrings from Whitelflash. Both experiences were incredibly successful and saved a lot of money IMO.
I know really nothing about diamonds compare to a lot of people, but i dont think i will pay $6500 AUD for those two rocks
I totally agree. My earrings were valued here and they were so impressed with the specs. But the good new was they were valued at nearly double what I paid and that included shipping and GSt etc. So I think I did very well + I have a lifetime upgrade policy and guess after 1 year shrinkage has set in and I am eyeing the 0.8 that Harriet got
41.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Hammurabi, you picked a fantastic pair of diamonds from a wonderful vendor. You can''t go wrong, they will bring you so much pleasure and enjoyment. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results