shape
carat
color
clarity

Earrings for my wedding! -Ear pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous! Either will make wonderful wedding jewelry. But... I think I would go with the dangles.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I posted earlier before you had ear shots and the pearl ones. Now that I''ve seen them both, I still would pick the long ones - no contest. If I saw you in the pearl ones, I wouldn''t remember the earrings, but the first ones are unforgettable!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the dangles. They look like a lot more carat weight than .77!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love, love the first pair! gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a mother, this is what I''d tell my daughter. The diamond dangle earrings are beautiful, but do you really have many occasions that you could wear them after the wedding? If you don''t, it seems like spending twice as much on those would not be very practical. I think studs (possibly with a drop attachment) might be more practical. But if you want a look like that, I''d encourage you to look at high quality not-real ones. We were just looking at some under $100 pairs for my daughter to wear as a wedding guest recently. I can''t think of the brand, but they were from a high end dept. store and they looked just fine.

I adore the pearl earrings and like that they are half the price, but again, would you ever be able to wear them again?

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for looking and helping me make my decision! All of your comments are enormously helpful to me! Thanks!!

Diamondseeker brings up a good point. The dangle earrings are definitely spectacular, but much less practical. The pearl ones are stunning and I can wear them every day, especially as I mature into a more sophisticated lady.
1.gif
They are more versatile, for sure. I dress up daily for work, so they could definitely be worn on a regular basis.

But at the end of the day, the dangles are INCREDIBLE! I see them and I do this
30.gif
And when else could I ever justify buying such a frivolous luxury item? But part of me worries that they look like high-end costume jewelry. I could buy something similar in costume for much less and wear them once a year as dress earrings. I know if I saw one of my friends wearing them I''d assume they aren''t real. They are priced amazingly well for what they are (yay recession sales!) but they are still pricey!

10 days and counting....

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LoveDeco, I love love love your taste! Just had to pop in to cheer for the first dangly pair. They are incredible. I understand what you mean about how you can get a knockoff for less, but I can sense that these earrings are very special to you by the way you gush about them! Sometimes jewelry speaks to you.
30.gif

Sure, it's true what you say about how someone could assume they're costume jewelry - but diamonds DO sparkle differently. Very differntly! And most importantly, YOU will know they are real. It's how they make you FEEL. Magical, right? And you can always have them as your "wedding earrings."
30.gif
How fun and fabulous! I mean, don't worry if some people think they're fake. Some people will look at the fabulous e-rings here and say they're fake. But the people who know better and actually know diamonds -- and most importantly, YOU... will know the difference. They are magical!

If you can afford to wear the real thing, get the real thing! Not to crib L'Oreal - BUT YOU ARE WORTH IT! LOL.
36.gif
You only get married once, and you'll have them forever! They are classic! Every time you wear them, you'll remember that amazing day. There's something very special about wedding jewelry. Just think about the stories you'll tell your little girl and how she'll treasure her mom's wedding jewelry one day.
30.gif

BUT... I also have to say - the pearls are DIVINE!!!! Either way, you will have some special pieces to treasure forever! Lucky lady!
36.gif

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Bliss, thank you so much! What a sweet, loving, genuine post!! Wow, I''m blown away. Thank you for such kind and helpful advice!

Maybe I should organize a Boston PS event and we can take a vote seeing them on me in person. Or maybe I can convince the jewelry store that I AM WORTH IT like Bliss said and maybe they''ll go for my bogo idea. Here''s to dreaming.... right?

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I have many thoughts on the earrings-

1. I wore fake pearls/diamond earrings to my wedding and can totally sleep at night. Life is full of opportunities to celebrate, there are a million reasons to buy gems....look at the forum!! This is not your only chance for fancy earrings.

2. I do wear my wedding earring from time to time b/c they are not sooooo dressy. That is fun and I get a kick out of it when people comment...I say,"These were my wedding earrings".

3. With all of that said, the dangles are beautiful. After the wedding you could have them turned into posts and that would make them more everyday. I am big on wearing my jewelry. So far no one has made me take any of it off because it was "too much".

4. I think you are choosing between two amazing choices....you can''t go wrong. Sometimes when I have a hard time choosing I will think, "What would I regret more - doing it or not doing it."

5. I think Bliss summed it up so well....weddings are all about going with your heart and making a leap of faith...so too with earrings!!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 11:03:27 PM
Author: Bliss
LoveDeco, I love love love your taste! Just had to pop in to cheer for the first dangly pair. They are incredible. I understand what you mean about how you can get a knockoff for less, but I can sense that these earrings are very special to you by the way you gush about them! Sometimes jewelry speaks to you.
30.gif

Sure, it''s true what you say about how someone could assume they''re costume jewelry - but diamonds DO sparkle differently. Very differntly! And most importantly, YOU will know they are real. It''s how they make you FEEL. Magical, right? And you can always have them as your ''wedding earrings.''
30.gif
How fun and fabulous! I mean, don''t worry if some people think they''re fake. Some people will look at the fabulous e-rings here and say they''re fake. But the people who know better and actually know diamonds -- and most importantly, YOU... will know the difference. They are magical!

If you can afford to wear the real thing, get the real thing! Not to crib L''Oreal - BUT YOU ARE WORTH IT! LOL.
36.gif
You only get married once, and you''ll have them forever! They are classic! Every time you wear them, you''ll remember that amazing day. There''s something very special about wedding jewelry. Just think about the stories you''ll tell your little girl and how she''ll treasure her mom''s wedding jewelry one day.
30.gif

BUT... I also have to say - the pearls are DIVINE!!!! Either way, you will have some special pieces to treasure forever! Lucky lady!
36.gif
I have to agree here.

If the dangles make you giddy, get them. Trust me, life is short. There''s plenty of time to do the "practical" thing, but you only get married once. Do what makes you happiest. Make the most of it.
2.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Those are sooo pretty!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love both pair of earrings, but for me it would definitely be the pearl drop earrings. I think they''re beautiful. I''m very traditional and my vision of a bride always includes pearls. I preferred more minimalist accessories for my wedding day. Lastly, they''re very practical for future wear. I would wear the long dangles if I wear dressed to the nines and was a guest at someone''s wedding, but as the bride, demure is better. Just my humble opinion.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Excellent points everyone!! You've really all hit on everything!

Initially I decided on the dangles, but couldn't get myself to return the pearls. When I changed my mind briefly when discussing with my FI and we decided on the pearls, I couldn't picture myself returning the dangles. And despite all of your help and input, my feelings really aren't evolving. In the end I'm going to just make a decision b/c I'm down to the wire.

The facts are:

Dangles:
Stunning
Wouldn't change them at all
Would have them forever
Would only wear them a few times a year
Very unique piece of jewelry
Stylish, but classic
A touch busy for my dress, and as gemgirl said, less demure, more young and trendy look

Pearls:
Gorgeous
Wouldn't change them
Would have them forever and wear them often
Not as unique
Very traditional, less memorable
Less expensive
Looks gorgeous with my dress because the ivory of the pearl really pops
Demure, sophisticated look with less dangle for the wedding

Which brings me back to.... pulling my hair out!
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
they look fabulous on you

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedeco- what a hard decision- it sounds like you are leaning toward the pearls for a more traditional look. They are both lovely! I would keep both
and try to wear the dangles for something else connected to your wedding. For instance maybe take them on your honeymoon and wear them for
a dinner out with your hubby. They are awesome earrings but I am thinking that you want to attach some sentiment to make them really special.
The pearls are a timeless look that you wont regret, but they are both gorgeous. If you feel the dangles are a little to busy you wont be comfortable
on your big day. Pearls add a nice glow to your face. Keep both, wear the pearls for the wedding and the dangles, even for the rehearsal! They are pretty dainty looking in your ear!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, is there any way to keep both? Could one be a wedding present maybe?
4.gif
And that way, you could just go with what your heart feels on the day of your wedding?

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
I really wish I could keep them both, but I can''t. We''re buying our first place and instead of diamonds I need to put the extra cash towards things like rugs and ottomans.
39.gif
As others have said, there will be plenty of occasions in life to buy pretty things so I''ll just have to wait. Life isn''t as fun when you get everything at once, right? There''s something to the wait. And I know I am so lucky right now to feel like I have everything I could possibly want, keeping both feels excessive.

Seriously, anyone in Boston? If we can''t make a decision we''ll sit down with some wine and by the end of the bottle I''m sure we''ll make up our minds.
18.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
LoveDeco, I know it''s hard to make a decision - I often have the same trouble when it comes to picking out jewelry. Are you wearing your hair up or down (or half up - half down) for your wedding? And I''m sure your tastes and comfort level may be different than mine, but I would definitely wear those earrings more often afterwards. I love long, dangly earrings with boatneck or crewneck tops - anytime I''m not wearing a necklace. For me, blingy earrings are not too over-the-top if they''re the only jewelry I''m wearing, save for a ring or two. Okay, that''s my 3rd push for those gorgeous earrings - I''m starting to feel invested.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Cellentani! All of your investments have not been for naught! I appreciate all of your pushes!
1.gif

SanDiegoLady- I always admire your taste! Which do you think?

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
SDL- did someone in the pearl thread ask where I got them? I''m happy to help! I got both earrings at Lux Bond and Green, a New England jewelry store with about 5 locations maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results