Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring Studs -- two pairs or one pair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jxl

Rough_Rock
I am thinking to get a pair of small diamond studs (0.5 ctw) for now, and get another larger pair later ( ~2.0 ctw).

I wonder If you have a larger pair, do you still wear the small pair?

Shoud I just get one pair only -- somewhere between 0.8-1.5 ctw?

Thanks.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go for a 2 ct pair, and a pair of pearl studs (8 or 9 mm) in lieu of a .5 ctw.

That way, I can always feel like a rich b!tch.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of 1.16 ctw that I can wear everywhere, dressy or not.

It''s really a matter of personal preference. There are some who have 2 ctw and over that wear them everyday.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 4:38:03 PM
Author: Ellen
I have a pair of 1.16 ctw that I can wear everywhere, dressy or not.

It''s really a matter of personal preference. There are some who have 2 ctw and over that wear them everyday.
Yup mine are 2 ct and wear them everyday. I really love them.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have four piercings and have four matched studs which are .40 ct each. Just another option which works for me. I also have diamond hoops, which I wear with one set of studs for variety. Doesn't mean I won't go bigger some day

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 1.5 ctw daily. I have a smaller pair- 1ctw and never wear them since I got my larger ones.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My diamond studs are 2.5 carats total and I wear them daily with everything. When I upgraded I gave my old studs (1/3 carat each) to my daughter because I knew that I would never wear them again. I would get only one larger pair if it were me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same as Sundial...gave my smaller studs to my daughter and I only wear my 1.5 ctw pair.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 6:09:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Same as Sundial...gave my smaller studs to my daughter and I only wear my 1.5 ctw pair.
Will you and Sundial please adopt me

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 6:12:45 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 2/26/2007 6:09:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Will you and Sundial please adopt me
Sure as long as I don''t have to pay your car insurance!

jxl

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Ladies.

After I upgraded my ring and made a pendant, I feel I need a pair of studs to match them.
But I also feel guilty myself to spend $$ for a pair of larger studs too soon -- maybe wait for next bonus time.

For now I may just get a small pair that can be upgraded later.
Or I get a small pair of WF ready set go which can be given to my daughter later like what Sundial and diamondseeker2006 did.
My daughter does not have ear pierced yet -- never thought above this option before. Thanks.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
The price difference between .5 tcw and 2 tcw is HUGE! I am about to get earrings from Whiteflash, if you get GIA or AGS certed stones from them (such as their A Cut Above line) you can upgrade at any time. This way you could get something now and trade up as your budget permits! This is what I am doing since I may want to go bigger in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.