shape
carat
color
clarity

Early Mother''s Day Eye Candy/White Flash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It started before Christmas. Hubby asked me what I wanted as a gift from him. Christmas gifts are easy for my husband. Jewelry and he''s home free. I''d been noticing the wide diamond cut and diamond studded bands women wear on the middle finger of their right hand. I told him that''s what I wanted. So he got me one, but it just wasn''t me. So, back it went. I had been admiring my daughter''s cute, little heart shaped necklace, but hearts aren''t me. So, I thought a classic yet elegant solitaire pendant/necklace instead. And so the search began.

Our trusted, local, independent jeweler of 10 years got a diamond solitaire pendant in her store in January. It was a large table, broad spread, shallow cut .75 carat uncerted diamond that she had set in a bar style bezel. Interesting and unique. I tried it on. Loved the look of the pendant, but not on me. My daughters tried to talk me into it off and on as I looked at other pendant styles and other shops. I looked at "my" unique pendant the last time in the jewelry store on Thursday before Valentine''s day. Even though the jeweler and my daughters coaxed me, I decided to wait until after Valentine''s day. Guess what?? A gentleman bought it as a Valentine''s gift for his sweetie.
sad.gif

So, I continued looking at different pendant styles, in different shops, and now on the net too. I wasn''t seeing anything I really liked, or the prices were outrageous. Non descript, generic I/J, SI/I diamonds. G/H at best in color.
nono.gif
So, finally, I decided I would just have the jeweler bring in some diamonds, pick one, go through some books to find a set, and have a pendant custom made. While waiting for some diamonds to come in, I was still surfing the net and stumbled onto Price Scope. I began reading and learning from the tutorial and started lurking the Forum.
read.gif
I really thought the PS folk were a bunch of number crunchers obsessed with diamonds. The diamonds came in, I went to the jewelry store and picked diamond and a setting style to be custom made. On the way home, I changed my mind about the setting, called the jeweler to cancel that. We agreed to meet on Tuesday (closed Mondays) to pick another set.

That night, in a state of information overload confusion, I mustered the courage to register and post a query on Price Scope about the diamond I''d picked.
confused.gif
Boy, did I get hammered! Did I get a Sarin? How dare I buy an ungraded diamond? The price was too much! For that kind of money, I could get a "yah de yah de yah" diamond from a Price Scope vendor. Why did I want a really nice diamond for a pendant anyway? Etc. Etc. Etc. I responded that I wanted a nice diamond to pass on to my kids possibly to be set in a ring someday and I liked being able to see the diamonds in person. Then a post appeared. Lesley, from White Flash. Lesley said she admired my willingness to admit I needed to see the diamond in person. Finally, a person who understood something about my situation!
wacko.gif

Monday night, before I was supposed to go back to the jeweler and pick a new set I read a post on a Price Scope thread that suddenly turned on the light in my head. Pieces of what seemed to be tons of information I''d crash learned began falling into place like a jigsaw puzzle coming together.
eek.gif
I called the jeweler the next day and told her I was going to pass on the diamond and pendant for now. I was buying time to let the information become more luminous and to learn more before buying anything. Then I started searching out local places where I could see what I was reading about in the tutorial and forum threads. Ideal cuts. I''d come home and search PS for comparable diamonds and saw that the locals couldn''t begin to compete with PS prices. Then I learned that Helzberg''s carries a Master Piece line of Hearts and Arrows diamonds. I just had to go see what all the hooplah was about. Oh, My Gosh! They literally glowed!
10.gif

After searching PS, I found a diamond I decided to post about. It was a J color, well cut diamond in my price range, but I was concerned about the color set in white gold. I got many posts assuring me a well cut J color diamond would face up beautifully in white gold. And, again, a post from Lesley at White Flash. She didn''t comment on the diamond. She posted pics of what I''d described as the setting I was looking for.
16.gif
The vendor of the diamond I posted recognized it and sent me an email. Did I want the diamond held for 24 hours? While probably not meant that way, it struck me like a used car salesman in a plaid jacket. Not a good impression.
nono.gif

Lesley''s pictures had intrigued me. So, I emailed her through Price Scope. She emailed me back. Just a cordial response thanking me for contacting her and letting me know I could call her any time. So, I called White Flash and talked to Lesley. Lesley was very warm and friendly. We talked about White Flash as a company, Lesley''s accent, kids and school, and finally diamonds. Lesley directed me to one ACA that was without question out of my price range. Lesley suggested a couple diamonds within my price point and that I check out their website to see what interested me. No high pressure sales pitch, just a "call me with questions when you''re ready" kind of approach.
wavey.gif

I checked Price Scope and Diamond Talk forum threads for comments about White Flash. I found the Cupid story on Diamond Talk and read through it. I looked at the White Flash ACA listings on the net and settled on 2 in my price range to choose between. I called Lesley back to discuss those 2 diamonds and she put me directly through to Brian Gavin. WOW. I was actually talking to THE CUTTER. Brian and I talked for about an hour. He pulled both diamonds out and discussed them with me on the phone. I decided on one, an H SI1, and then Brian did something totally unexpected. He asked me to preview another diamond, a J VS2, as well. Brian said it was a very high J color, nearly I, and very white. He said he wanted me to experiment and totally enjoy the diamond buying experience. So, White Flash shipped me both diamonds to preview.
3.gif

Boy was that a tough decision!
rolleyes.gif
One sparkled, subtle smaller flashes of color and white light almost constantly. The other had more random, yet BOLD flashes of color and white light. What to do? Which one to pick? My daughters loved them both and wanted to keep both. Sadly, I had to choose. Bright light. Low light. Candlelight. Set in white gold hoop earrings to simulate a pendant look. But which one? Finally, I set them like stud earrings against white gold and diamond earring jackets. The H appeared only slightly "whiter" in the body than the J. I let that be the acid test and settled on the H.
9.gif

A Cut Above H SI1, AGS Id/Id/Id, 55% Table, 60.5% Depth, 34.6 deg crown, 40.8 deg pavilion, 0.7% to 1.3% girdle, 0.8% cutlet.

I shipped both diamonds back and tracked the package to be sure they got delivered. When tracking showed delivery confirmation, I called White Flash to be sure the package made it in tact and every thing was OK. Lesley was out of the office, so Judy put me through to Brian. There had been a problem with the package. Evidently it got smashed into a shelf or something and had a hole in the side. OH NO!
errrr.gif
Brian assured me the diamonds were fine due to great packing and he had already sent my diamond to the goldsmith to custom make the necklace and pendant for me.
3.gif

I got email last night from Lisa in shipping at White Flash that my necklace had been shipped. When I picked up the package today, I couldn''t wait. I opened the boxes in the Fed Ex parking lot.
tongue.gif
I was very impressed that White Flash had shipped my necklace in a wooden (Cherry??) jewelry box. Very nice touch that further enhanced the building excitement of opening the jewelry box. I gasped and shreaked with glee. It is gorgeous! Much more than I had even hoped for when this whole adventure started.
love.gif

Great big THANK YOU''S to Lesley, Brian, Judy, Lisa, and the whole White Flash team for making my dream not only come true, but even better than I''d hoped for when my quest began!
wavey.gif
2.gif
9.gif

PendantSideView2.jpeg.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Another Pic of my Magnificent pendant.
love.gif

PendantSideView1.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Just look at the Arrows in this diamond!! Wonderful!!
love.gif

PendantFrontView1.jpeg.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Just one more pic from the front. Can't get enough of looking at it.
6.gif
And, oh how it flashes!!
10.gif
THANK YOU White Flash!!
wavey.gif
love.gif

PendantFrontView2.jpeg.jpg

69gm

Shiny_Rock
incredible!!! just incredible!

btw, how did you take those wonderful pictures, especially from the top to show the arrows? great job!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous. I'm jealous! J/K, this really is beautiful.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm jealous too..but its BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats and wear in good health!
1.gif

I don't know if I'm blind but what ctw is it? The story is great...I laughed when I read the part about the posts on 'but this is what you could get from Pscope vendors...' because that was probably SOO me!!
1.gif
I can't help it , when I see someone posting about one stone, I have to give them comparison options.
2.gif
Plus the comparison options are just so much fun to look at too.
4.gif

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely STUNNING! I love the setting! Wear it well.
love.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Just the size of stone I was looking for in a pendant. I bet it looks great on. Congratulations again.
10.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Thank you, thank you very much!
10.gif

I have to thank Brian at White Flash for the photos. Aren't they great??? If I had taken them, they would likely be blurry, out of focus, and the pendant would be a microdot. LOL

Just gotta let you know how hard the folks at White Flash work for their clients. Lesley emailed the pics file last night at 11
6.gif
0 pm her time. And, she called me this afternoon after I emailed her I had received my necklace. She personally thanked me for selecting White Flash. We had a nice chat and I learned more about the quality company I had just purchased from. Lesley told me that their Jeweler hand made my bezel. It is not a prefab stamped out job. The craftsmanship is excellent! Also, the presentation box is Cherry Wood. One of their early clients loved the ring he bought but suggested something better than the blue velvet presentation box they were using. White Flash not only works to earn a buyer's trust and business, they respond to comments and suggestions as well. The gentleman emailed them some pics of wooden presentation boxes and they have been using their signature Cherry Wood presentation box ever since.
2.gif

Oh Mara! You have been and will continue to be one of the great customer minds (until you become a GIA grad that is) on this forum. I have learned much from you. Your comments to my posts personally and posts I've read in other threads helped me tremendously. You are informative, witty, and charming!

And, no, you aren't blind. I went back and checked the original post. I didn't list the carat weight. Knew I'd forget something. It's a gorgeous .766 carat, measuring 5.97-5.98 x 3.61 mm, and the girdle is faceted.

This afternoon, I walked passed a mirror in a room on the north end of our house. No lights on and the window was behind me to my right. The diamond sparkled and fired color back at me in the mirror. It was truly breath taking.

I kinda feel like Gina, too. Hard to drive due to sun visor pulled down, mirror flipped up, snatching glances at my magnificent throat ornament.
9.gif

I couldn't have done it without the Price Scope tutorial and knowledgeable Forum folks! Many, many humble THANKS!
appl.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
The photo looks stunning. I really should go to the store and look up close and personal at a D color vs an H.

Yours an H and it looks as white as it can be. Why am I looking for a D/E IF/VVS1 e-ring then??
confused.gif

Well, for me even if I can't tell the difference, I still like what the paper says ultimately.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ--thanks for the sweet words!!
2.gif
I don't know about witty and charming but I can be quite informative!!
9.gif
The pendant is amazing, I am looking for one too but it may be a while before I can convince the FI to spring for one of those puppies, especially since he's still finishing paying off the ring. Hee. It's okay, I can just drool in the meantime. The size is great too. I'd be interested in one between .75c and 1c for the sheer magnitude of it!

Jlim--what do you think people have been saying in your other post!
2.gif
Get a F/G VS and you are set, forget that D IF stuff!!! But then again if you like the paper credentials...it doesn't matter what the naked eye sees. Check out a post over in the Eye Candy forum in Pscope...there is a J WhiteFlash ACA stone that in the pictures looks absolutely brand-spanking white. Amazing. Keep reading the posts and looking at the pictures and I would not be surprised if your idea of what you are looking for changes a bit over time. It happens to the best of us!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Pq... That is one of the most amazing pendants I've ever seen! Beautiful stone and beautiful craftsmanship and the design is so classy... Lesley is as great as her stones... I've never met someone that kind! Since everyone was talking about ACA, I figured I NEEDED
2.gif
to have one... Well, I decided to buy a small stone and when I opened the package I was simply stunned... I see many diamonds every day, But I've never seen such a BEAUTIFUL stone... I've never seen such precision on any diamond (especially a small one!!!)Gorgeous, I'd say! Do you mind me posting (again... lol) a picture?

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Hi PQ! Oh my goodness! This forum becomes addictive, but I've been so busy lately that I've missed a couple of posts, but sheesh! How could I have missed this one?! What an AMAZING pendant! It is SO white! And so beautiful. Your story about Whiteflash is already giving me more courage to make my "next" diamond purchase from the internet (not to mention that incredible comments about GOG on here).

The photos of your diamond look more like an incredibly hand crafted, perfect painting. They're truly amazing, and the stone and bezel set is also incredible! Happy Early Mother's Day to you! Stunning color, stunning setting and you couldn't deserve it more (thanks for all your comments and stories, BTW). Just beautiful! A note on "driving while distracted by diamond" thing: Laws regarding cell phones should be amended to encompass those of us with new diamonds, too, shouldn't they?!

Enjoy that extraordinary diamond; your daughters will probably be chomping at the bit to wear that someday!

Gina

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Jlim~ I do hope the pics help you see that CUT has a lot to do with color appearance. My pendant is blazing white. If I had known it was gonna look like this mounted, I might have gone with the J instead. It was a slightly larger diamond with higher clarity. Hubby is like you about knowing the stats. The color rating of the J didn't bother him as much as the inclusions in the H. But as you can see, it is totally eye clean. Brian's photos show that. It was a tough decision. I know I would have been more comfortable choosing, color wise that is,if I had seen both diamonds set instead of loose.
1.gif

Mr. Sherwood~ What can I say??!! A one word compliment of WOW! That's high praise coming from you.
2.gif

Mara~ You are witty and charming! At least I think so. Net speak can be hard to interpret sometimes because we aren't face to face. You don't get the added advantage of seeing facial expressions and body language and hearing tone of voice. I've seen folks get on you for seeming harsh when I didn't take your comments that way at all. They just need to read more of what you have to say, and get to know you "sciptfully".
1.gif

Gina~ NO LAWS regarding admiring new diamonds purchased!
nono.gif
We get to enjoy to our hearts content as long as we don't have to explain a wreck to our insurance agents. LOL
3.gif
I am not looking forward to the fight of the century when my daughters start claiming dibs on this diamond. I think I'll just "give" it to my son and end that fight before it begins! (Yeah Right!)

Giangi~ Please feel free to post your photos here as well as in your own thread. The more the merrier! We can't get too much eye candy!
love.gif

Thanks much GM, Lanee, Clementine, and Carat for taking time to post. The OOOO AAAHHH factor just adds to the excitement for me!
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Pq... If you insist... Lol!

oops! It didn't show up...

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Let me try again...

DI_AGS-3767505.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Giangi!
love.gif

What color? I know I read your post but I can't remember. Have you decided what you're going to do with it? Don't forget to post pics of the finished piece. We all luv eye candy here!
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Pq... E color SI 2... Clean huh??

I won't mount it... I simply collect stone... I guess that if I were a woman, maybe...
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Giangi that thing is amazing!! whats the size? Maybe I should start 'collecting' stones too.
2.gif

PQ--great minds think alike!!
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Great minds, Mara??? Get real!!! Yours most certainly is. Mine went to mush 3 kids ago!!! LOL
errrr.gif

Oh, cummon Giangi. Just 'cause you aren't a gal doesn't mean you can't have an earring or a belly button ring or "pimp" ring. JK with ya.
love.gif

Just a prime example of how Net Speak can be misconstrued. We shall see.
9.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
What's this? Just a camera mistake, or speck of dust or an inclusion?

speck.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, gorgeous! That half-bezel type setting is exactly the kind I love. Great choice!!!!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Hi PQ
GOOD FOR YOU
You got a gorgeous hunk of diamond too!

What a nice nice hubby he must be
You're a lucky lady, I'm sure you agree!

Wear it in the BEST and ENJOY!
wavey.gif

AWESOME PICTURES !!!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks much Jax and Hest! You don't know how hard it was trying to get jewelers to understand what I wanted. They all kept trying to get me go with the "regular" bezel or a thing on a bale. "Why a bale, I really don't want one??!!", I asked. "You want to be able to change chain lengths", they said. Well I can change lengths on this chain. The White Flash jeweler set it up as an 18"/24" chain. All I have to do is move the clasp and Wha La, it's shorter or longer. From the pic, was it really that hard to understand??? :razz:

I even rated a poem for our resident "Poet Laureate"! Thanks so much HeyJud for taking time to compose one for me!
wavey.gif

Hey Jlim! How's Tiffany's? LOL JK with ya. Funny thing about Giangi's pic. I was so drawn to the arrows, I never noticed the spot. I may be wrong, but I bet it's just a photography thing. You know those spots film pics can sometimes have.
confused.gif
I'm relieved you can't see the feather in the pics of my diamond. It's internal, and hidden from the top view by the CUT. The feather runs perpendicular to the table. Up and down with the facets so you don't see it. Pretty kewl, eh??
2.gif
AGS is tough! A little feather and 2 crystals and you have a SI1 rating.
eek.gif

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that's really beautiful, nice design and diamond. Whiteflash seems to do a really good job with the pics. I think it's neat that you can adjust the length of the chain, it's like two necklaces in one. Congrats!

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
PQ:

It was a real pleasure working with you. I am so pleased that you are enjoying your pendant. I have one just like it and am very attached to it
1.gif
I also have the half bezel ear studs to match. I am pleased you like the 2 length option - it really makes for 2 different looks.

I attached a picture of my hand with my engagement ring. It is the exact same half bezel as the pendant with an 18K comfort fit yellow gold shank and a platinum head. The diamond is an A CUT ABOVE 1.09 G VVS1 - one of the first ever cut! I decided to offset it with 2 platinum 3mm wedding bands. I love the combo as it allows me to wear jewelry of both colors together.

You know, even though I work with diamonds and jewelry all day long, I am still totally addicted! I am off to the Las Vegas Jewelry Show at the end of this month and can't wait to see all the new designs and products...I always come home a little poorer
12.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

lesley1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh Leslie how exciting...one of the first ACA stones
1.gif
I'm jealous. I'm sure we'd all love to be small additions to your baggage as you sneak us into the LV jewelry show....have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results