shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring Setting/Sizing help/suggestions

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear all of you, trust me. I think I'll have to convince her after the fact. Even if we have to get some sort of third party service plan or something I'm going to not go through Jared. Whether that is a custom ring through someone like DK or through another local jeweler (not chain) I'll just figure it out after the fact.

On that note I have reached out to DK about a custom ring, as well as a local jeweler. Only heard back once from DK after my initial contact email two days ago. He indicated timing wise shouldn't be a problem, had a couple other basic questions, and I have not heard back from my response. The local jeweler is going to do a custom variation on a GabrielNY design that @lovedogs found. Little thicker on the channel set and plain metal split shank (to alleviate the GF fears of too fragile) and turning the little design under the gallery into a full trinity knot design.
https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/er10315w44jj
$100 for the CAD design, but I figured it was worth it to keep the process moving (even while waiting for DK to respond again). Total setting cost should come in less than the retail price of the cheaper Jared design she liked. Have to see what DK might come up with (if I hear back from him). Every day lost is one closer to being worried a custom ring won't get finished in time.

Based off visually seeing the GabrielNY design in person, something around 1.25ct might be a nice size stone. Smaller might feel lost in the setting and larger will probably be something the GF wants to avoid since she's worried about it hitting things and such. If the setting comes in around 2k, then that leaves me 6-8k for the stone. I think I can find something in the G color, but I guess I could go down to H if the other characteristics are worth it.

Again, I thank you all for your previous (and any future) feedback and suggestions.
Great. I'm happy you liked that setting. I think she will love it. When on a time crunch, I would always suggest calling DK. He's really busy and sometimes takes a while to reply to emails. I think it's faster via phone.

Happy to find stone suggestions now, but it might make more sense to wait until you know how much $ for the setting. But 6-8 is a good range to work with for now .

shemmy

Rough_Rock
Happy to find stone suggestions now, but it might make more sense to wait until you know how much $ for the setting. But 6-8 is a good range to work with for now .

I hear you on DK, I'll see if he contacts today (oddly he responded within an hour to my original email). Since he asked additional questions I figured he'd be looking for my response at some point. Understand that it can get busy.

As for the budget, I think I'm going to stay topped out at 2k for the setting, since that appears the amount I was willing to go in for with the Jared setting and my local jeweler looks to be coming in at or under. That leaves my 6-8 pretty solid I think, and to be honest I think I can get a pretty nice looking stone in that range (I hope).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results