shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Ring Radiant/Flanders Hybrid in Square Halo

AL12

Shiny_Rock
It's actually been several months since I last posted, but I felt I needed to do my due diligence from ALL the help that I've received on this forum to finally getting this ring on my finger. I came a total newbie to the diamond scene and now feel so much more educated and most importantly I love my diamond!

A very specific shout-out to user Julie N. who actually found the stone for me and reassured me that it was a keeper after having doubts. I do hope she sees this!

I'm labeling it a Radiant/Flanders hybrid based on information users on this forum have supplied me with (again, especially Julie N.) I came looking for a typical square radiant and found such a unique diamond in the process. GIA calls it a cut-cornered square brilliant.

Few pertinent specs:
Ct: 1.01
Color:H
Clarity: SI1

I wanted a delicate halo and actually had my heart set on a specific setting but decided to invest more on the diamond and sacrifice on my ideal setting. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the delicacy of the current setting, but I already know that in a few years, if we have to part ways, my heart will not be broken.

Post after purchase of stone only: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/keep-or-return-1-01-radiant-please-help.195875/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/keep-or-return-1-01-radiant-please-help.195875/[/URL]

Diamond purchased from B2C jewelers. (Review of vendor to follow)
Setting custom made from local jeweler.

Here are pictures from my original post, and now in it's new setting. Love that it has different personalities under different lighting which of course I am unable to capture from my camera phone alone.

Thanks for viewing and for all who gave feedback on my posts from way back when :)

my dry hands are quite embarrassing!

2014-02-25_22.jpg

20140222_105243.jpg

20140222_105640.jpg

20140222_110312.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty AL. What a beautiful radiant. You did really well.

I love radiants too but they're really hard to pick.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!!!! Congrats.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's lovely, I love the fine band :wavey:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous & congratulations!!!!! I hope it brings you & your FI many years of joy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really beautiful! Such a bright, white stone! Congratulations!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful stone and setting. Congratulations!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!!! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's lovely! Looks so elegant on your hand.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I remember your search! Love your diamond :love: Very pretty setting as well! Really unique and gorgeous. Great choice :appl:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
ooo i love it!!! the diamond almost looks like a cushion in the halo, lovely!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really beatiful, I had given up hope that you would post pics. Congrats, the halo is quite delicate and looks well made to my eyes

AL12

Shiny_Rock
iota15: tell me about it. i couldn't decide what "kind" of radiant i wanted, but after seeing the unique-ness of this one in person, i couldn't let it slip out of my fingers!

arkieb1, endless_summer, tyty333, laila619, catmom, gem_anemone.... thank you all for your kinds words!! :)

monnyJ: me too! i let the FI make the final decisions on the setting so i would still be "surprised" at the end result. he did a good job :)

gemfever: thank you! my "large" knuckles were a source of distress for the jeweler but he picked the perfect size band...not too much spinning!

woofmama: yes i remember you as well! thank you for commenting previously, your words were greatly appreciated!

sweetpea&babycorn: yes! this is definitely not a typical radiant. i originally wanted a cushion before a radiant so almost the best of both worlds.

julieN: YAY! i am so happy that you saw this post! i feel like you are my diamond fairy godmother, haha! would have been so sad if you didn't see this post. and yes, it took THIS long to finally get the ring on my finger. there were a lot of factors involved so it wasn't an easy transition into getting engaged, but now we are! i am SO happy with the stone, especially, now that i can really see how it sparkles under different lighting when on my hand. the stone definitely outshines the setting IMO but the FI did amazing in finalizing the end result. i know that he is just glad that it's over with. thank you again!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I love it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my how gorgeous!!! It looks so great on your beautiful hand! :love: :appl:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
missgotrocks, charmypoo, junebug17: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I remember a few of you from my original post...thankful for all your encouragement when I was being a doubter! ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results