shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring: NSC yellow sapphire in Brian Gavin setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I'm a long-time lurker but first time poster. I'd like to thank the very helpful PS community for the wealth of info you all provide. My beautiful Natural Sapphire Co/ Brian Gavin Diamonds engagement ring arrived today and I wanted to post reviews for the vendors, and also give a little back in the form of pictures! Hope you enjoy and have a very happy new year.

The backstory:
I knew I wanted a yellow sapphire for my e-ring-- I love color! Based on the info we found here, my fiance sourced a beautiful yellow untreated sapphire from the Natural Sapphire Company. It is a radiant cut, 1.97ct (7x6x5mm) stone. NSC was very easy to deal with and extremely accommodating, and the stone is beautiful. We were very happy with our purchase.

For the setting, we decided to go with Brian Gavin (the man, the myth, the legend) based on the stellar reviews here and the beautiful work displayed on his blog.

I told Brian I wanted a very open head with not very much metal, in order to showcase the gorgeous color of the stone. Also, I really love the look of pave but needed a thin shank to not overwhelm my size 3.5 finger. Based on this, Brian recommended the Novela (4-prong head with fishtail pave 3/4 eternity platinum band) and I enthusiastically agreed. While they estimated that the ring would be done the first week of 2010, it was actually shipped out last night and in my eager hands this morning.

Throughout the entire process, Lesley and Brian were fantastic at responding to all our neophyte questions-- I missed a call from Lesley, tried to leave a voicemail late Thanksgiving evening, and was shocked when she actually picked up the phone! And subsequently transferred me to Brian to discuss the ring! Talk about excellent service. And obviously we are thrilled with the ring; I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Count us in as BGD converts-- he and Lesley and their tireless team were gracious, warm, professional, and delivered above and beyond what we could've expected, especially during the busiest season of the year. I just hope for the New Year they're able to relax and spend some well-deserved time with their families!

Ok, I could go on and on, but I know you're waiting for the pictures. First Brian's pro shots, then a series of me opening the box and a little home photo shoot. Enjoy, and thanks again for all your help!
Tracy and Mark

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

BrianGavin_Yellow1_123109.jpg

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

BrianGavin_Yellow2_123109.jpg

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

BrianGavin_Yellow3_123109.jpg

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

BrianGavin_Yellow4_123109.jpg

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

BrianGavin_Yellow5_123109.jpg

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

BrianGavin_Yellow6_123109.jpg

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

Handshot size 3.5.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

Closeup hand shot.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

orchidyellowsapphire.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

Pretty rocks.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

Happy Holidays.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh! Lovely ring. congratulations on your engagement
36.gif

I have a ring from NSC too (blue sapphire three stone with diamond sides) and I love it. Plus, I just contact Lesley at Brian Gavin to look into some earrings (YAY!!!) so we''ll see if that works out. They really do beautiful work!!!

Congrats again
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring. Congrats! The stone is gorgeous and the setting is perfect.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful ring. Absolutely love the yellow sapphire and the gorgeous setting.

Congratulations on your engagement, and wishing you much happiness in the new year and on into the future.
36.gif

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Oh, thanks so much bella_mezzo! Your ring sounds beautiful. BGD is stellar, i''m jealous you get to do a project with them now! Can''t wait to see pics of your earrings.

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Oops, forgot to do the box opening shots first!

bgd box.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

NYE sparkler 1.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

NYE sparkler 2.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

NYE sparkler 3.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
sorry for the double pic! told you I was a newb.

NYE sparkler 3.JPG

tand*m

Shiny_Rock

pretty rocks 2.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow-that is stunning! Congratulations!

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Aw, thank you everyone! We are so thrilled-- but I''m sure my fiance thinks I''m a little crazy as I keep grinning at my ring and dancing around like a 5-year-old.
36.gif
We''re off to a NYE party shortly and I can''t wait to debut the new piece. It''s a little odd since normally I don''t wear any jewelry, but this is one change I will gladly make!

Have a very very happy 2010-- see you in the next decade!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That is GORGEOUS! It looks like a yellow diamond! So incredibly beautiful - congrats!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a show-stopping yellow! Congratulations on building your perfect ring!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring. It has such nice proportions, and the sapphire is remarkably well cut for a sapphire.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and the shade of yellow is lovely and warm.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Oh that turned out wonderful!

P. S. Next decade will come in exactly 364 days, as the first decade lasted for the first ten years i.e. there was no year 0
9.gif
They also tricked us into thinking we''re entering the new century/millenia at the year 2000, and then made as celebrate the thing all over again in 2001
9.gif
Sorry for the thread jack, that''s just a nerd inside of me speaking out...
1.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, congrats!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results