shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring Anniversary Upgrade (JA EC)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful new EC. Congrats on the Anniverary! Would you mind posting real life perspective pic? I always love seeing how they look from a distance. Congrats again! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice Chrono! I was following your upgrade journey in RT and was eager to see what you got. I love the patterning of this new diamond, really the perfect look for an EC in my opinion! Love it.

What were the measurements of your previous stone? Can you see the upgrade in size -- does it "feel" bigger for you?

Also, might I suggest, if you ever reset the diamond, my favourite look for an EC is a three stone with lovely step cut trapezoids :love: Gummibear has a ring of that style and it is one of my all time faves.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous upgrade Chrono! What a beautiful emerald cut diamond and it looks great in that simple setting :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! Lucky you, just in before christmas. Beautiful ring!
I second the request for real life perspective shots.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Chrono, it looks so gorgeous! Classic and elegant and substantial on your tiny finger. I think you made a wonderful choice!

As long as you've got the camera out, I'd love to request a family bling shot with your antique and colored stones too. If it's too much trouble of course no worries but if possible it would be like a Christmas feast for us PSers!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Chrono, it looks so gorgeous! Classic and elegant and substantial on your tiny finger. I think you made a wonderful choice!

As long as you've got the camera out, I'd love to request a family bling shot with your antique and colored stones too. If it's too much trouble of course no worries but if possible it would be like a Christmas feast for us PSers!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise,
I only wish that the box contained a fancy coloured diamond; an emerald cut fancy intense is good enough for me. :lol:

Laila and Stargurl,
Thank you!

Taylorbug,
It is getting late for me today (have other things to do) but I'll do a full hand shot tomorrow.

Dreamer,
The older EC is 6.26 x 4.44 x 2.94 mm, so there is an increase of almost 1 mm in length and 1 mm in width (okay, so I stretched this measurement just a tad :devil: ). So yes, the difference is obvious and huge. I am considering setting this EC with trillion coloured sidestones since I have an extra pair of hot pink Mahenges just laying around. Either that or a pair of reddish purple rhodolites, which many have mistaken for rubies.

JaneSmith,
Actually, I have two anniversary dates and the second one is on Boxing Day so the timing is definitely perfect. :cheeky:

Rosebloom,
It is always a plus to have skinny fingers although mine is of the short stubby type rather than the long elegant type. Can't have it all, I suppose. My camera is always with me (iPhone) but not my rings. I only take one ring out at a time from the bank vault. I'd be WAY too nervous to keep so many high priced items laying about at home.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the extra pic - it really is beautiful :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and so clear. Absolutely stunning.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! Congrats on your upgrade!! Its truly gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

ariadne28

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I've always loved the classic look of an emerald cut. And it's just perfect with the knife edge. Congrats!

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, your new ring is so beautiful and full of fire! :love: I love emerald cuts and yours looks quite elegant on your hand!
Wear in health and happiness!! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Chrono - that looks incredible! what a beautiful EC stone you chose and I love the simple classic setting it is in - it really lets the diamond do the talking!! Congratulations on the anniversary AND the upgrade! Enjoy! Can't wait till tomorrow to get some more shots of this beauty - and hopefully some more fire shots.... I love FIRE shots!! :appl:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you were going to give us an update yesterday, I have been waiting that long!

Love the pics in the conference room by the windows, just gorgeous.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! I love your fire pics. I find EC's to be so elegant. Enjoy your beautiful upgrade!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is a beautiful stone!! :love: I was following your thread on RT and you picked a really gorgeous EC, I just love everything about it - congrats and enjoy!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!! so elegant.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yowza!! So clean! So classy! So perfect!! That is a stunning EC!! So happy for you that you found such a uniquely gorgeous stone!! Must be quite the attention grabber! OooooooOOOoo I am just imagining having such a pretty diamond! I would not be able to take my eyes ff of that one! Congratulations ! You were patient!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is architectural masterpiece. Please don't reset the setting is the perfect compliment for its amazing steps and facet reflection.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So lovely... I realized I was literally holding my breath when looking at the pics of it in the shade. Beautiful.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love emerald cuts, too! I think it would look fabulous as a 3 stone!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I love EC's! Congrats :appl:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! So very beautiful elegant :appl: :love:

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chrono,

Absolutely love your new EC and the ring looks perfect on your finger! Beautiful steps. Must admit it is weird seeing you post about a non-CS though. Hope you are enjoying your colorless stone as much as all your colored ones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think it is gorgeous! :love: I LOVE emerald cuts and asschers!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I love an EC, they are so sleek and classy.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Chrono, Christmas came early! :appl: Such a beautiful stone, step cuts are absolutely the most classy stones. It looks perfect on your hand. :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex, YennyFire, Catmom, Dani, Ariadne, Gemmy, Missy, Woofmama, Junebug, Lorrissey, GemFever, Mom2Boys, 04Diamond, RissaLou, DS, lknvrb, amd JustGinger,
I didn't realize so many PSers were following my thread in RT. Guess I underestimated the quantity of step cut aficionados on PS after all.

Enerchi,
More fire shots coming up. It's amazing how easily the fire wants to show itself, even when I don't want it to. Sometimes the brilliancy is so great as to glow white, which is seems out of place when I realize this is an I.

JulieN,
Sorry for the long wait. :wavey: Although I picked the ring up by 5:30 pm, I had other commitments that didn't allow me to get home until past 9 pm. After the photography session, I was too tired to resize the pictures then log back into PS. Just crashed for the night.

Fiona,
Thank you so much. Trust me, I was not patient at all. I was going crazy trying to decide which one is the right one, even second-guessing myself after making the choice.

Minou,
There is always the possibility of my leaving the EC in this setting. I am very happy with it as it is and if nothing more suitable pops up, then so be it. It's just that sometimes I wonder if such a beautiful stone deserves more, yanno? :naughty:

Mrs.M,
I figured many CSers will think I am a strange cookie to jump into the white diamond world occasionally. I suppose it's not too odd when you consider my taste for white diamonds tend towards the untraditional; I like anything but modern RBs (unless they are melees or accent stones). :lol: My favourites are antique cuts like OECs and OMBs and anything step cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results