shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust needed for a breast biopsy tomorrow morning

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Beacon|1340391165|3221940 said:
Yes, Isaku, all breast biopsies. I can pretty much write a textbook on the subject by now :read: . Hope yours is very, very benign!!

Thanks, Beacon!!! :appl: :wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1340390831|3221939 said:
continued dust and prayers.

Thanks for the continuing dust and prayers. :wavey:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and praying for the best....

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sending you lots of dust. I'm so sorry that you have to wait for the results. In this day and age, results should be immediate.

I am an 11-year breast cancer survivor wishing you the best. Its hard not to worry, but its not worth it. As others have already said, the odds are really highly in your favor on this one.

As to your husband, people say (or don't say) and do (or don't do) the weirdest things in times of pressure...

Big hugs to you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm keeping you in my thoughts isaku.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
****************************Lots of dust for a great result, Isaku!********************************

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your biopsies come out all clear.
I had a 10-needle biopsy on my prostate and it was unbelievably painful, even thought they said they used anethstesia.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of well wishes for you - take care - lots of dust :wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1340437098|3222292 said:
I had a 10-needle biopsy on my prostate and it was unbelievably painful, even thought they said they used anethstesia.

Thanks, Kenny. My DH can relate well to the horrific pain of the 10 biopsies for prostate cancer. He wasn't given the option of anaesthesia and was in agony during the procedure and afterward. He is a cancer survivor right now. He had a newer treatment where there were only five sessions of radiation one week apart. The difference was that there was 30% more radiation than usual. There were no side effects at the time, but three or four months after the last one, he became exhausted for over a year. Right now, he's almost back to normal. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1340482614|3222522 said:
kenny|1340437098|3222292 said:

Thanks, Kenny. My DH can relate well to the horrific pain of the 10 biopsies for prostate cancer. He wasn't given the option of anaesthesia and was in agony during the procedure and afterward. He is a cancer survivor right now. He had a newer treatment where there were only five sessions of radiation one week apart. The difference was that there was 30% more radiation than usual. There were no side effects at the time, but three or four months after the last one, he became exhausted for over a year. Right now, he's almost back to normal. :wavey:

I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

Cancer is so so very sad.
We must find a cure.

Hugs you you! :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Dust and prayers going out. I'm fighting a battle with an aggressive form of breast cancer myself right now, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way. Hugs, too.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way.

As a breast cancer survivor, I kinda know how traumatic the waiting for results is.

But from my experience, even a malignant diagnosis isnt a death sentance anymore.

I'm 2.5 years out from my original diagnosis. In the intervening time I've had 4 other lumps diagnosed - all of which have fortunately been benign.

I dont know if this will help or not but a friend of mine is Wiccan and told me to always wear green while I was going through my treatment.

I took it one step further and all through my treatment had a tsavorite gemstone tucked in my bra next to where my lump was.

Dont know if that will help or not but it gave me peace of mind while I was going through treatment plus I'm a big believer in positive thinking

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Isabel, I didn't even know this thread was yours! I didn't want to open it! I am way overdue (like five years) for a mammogram, although I get my breast exam annually when I see my GYN for that exam. The only time I ever had to have a needle stuck in my breast when my giant Lab caused a lump there by jumping on me and bruising my breast, causing a lump-as well as black and blue marks and scratches-on it. The doctor, to be cautious, wanted to be sure there was blood in the lump!!!

However, I am a veteran of six endometrial biopsies (biopsies of the uterus for anyone who doesn't know). Those are particularly unpleasant. In fact, my GYN actually put me under anesthesia once since he couldn't get a good enough sample from me without doing so. He said he was tearing up my uterus (or words to that effect) and couldn't get a sample, so we'd have to redo it in a few days at the hospital under general anesthesia! That wasn't my last one, though. I got better at them with practice. Luckily, when I went through menopause, I seem to have stopped needing them!

But I am no stranger to waiting for test results, either. I had an ovarian cyst that was not clear and would not resolve. In the end I had one ovary and Fallopian tube removed (it turned out to be very badly scarred) when I was 41.

I am not sure whether I shared more medical information than anyone else did in my post. If it was too much, I apologize. I am just feeling very empathic. Lots of love and dust, Isabel. And I will be praying for you!

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1340517298|3222715 said:
Dust and prayers going out. I'm fighting a battle with an aggressive form of breast cancer myself right now, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Andelain, I'm so sorry for the suffering you're going through.

Healing vibes and lots of hugs coming your way :wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
MAC-W|1340541175|3222770 said:
Sending lots of dust your way.

As a breast cancer survivor, I kinda know how traumatic the waiting for results is.

But from my experience, even a malignant diagnosis isnt a death sentance anymore.

I'm 2.5 years out from my original diagnosis. In the intervening time I've had 4 other lumps diagnosed - all of which have fortunately been benign.

I dont know if this will help or not but a friend of mine is Wiccan and told me to always wear green while I was going through my treatment.

I took it one step further and all through my treatment had a tsavorite gemstone tucked in my bra next to where my lump was.

Dont know if that will help or not but it gave me peace of mind while I was going through treatment plus I'm a big believer in positive thinking

You've been through so much and wearing green near the site can't be harmful and may be helpful. I'll give it a try. Thanks. :wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1340549271|3222807 said:
Oh, Isabel, I didn't even know this thread was yours! I didn't want to open it! I am way overdue (like five years) for a mammogram, although I get my breast exam annually when I see my GYN for that exam. The only time I ever had to have a needle stuck in my breast when my giant Lab caused a lump there by jumping on me and bruising my breast, causing a lump-as well as black and blue marks and scratches-on it. The doctor, to be cautious, wanted to be sure there was blood in the lump!!!

However, I am a veteran of six endometrial biopsies (biopsies of the uterus for anyone who doesn't know). Those are particularly unpleasant. In fact, my GYN actually put me under anesthesia once since he couldn't get a good enough sample from me without doing so. He said he was tearing up my uterus (or words to that effect) and couldn't get a sample, so we'd have to redo it in a few days at the hospital under general anesthesia! That wasn't my last one, though. I got better at them with practice. Luckily, when I went through menopause, I seem to have stopped needing them!

But I am no stranger to waiting for test results, either. I had an ovarian cyst that was not clear and would not resolve. In the end I had one ovary and Fallopian tube removed (it turned out to be very badly scarred) when I was 41.

I am not sure whether I shared more medical information than anyone else did in my post. If it was too much, I apologize. I am just feeling very empathic. Lots of love and dust, Isabel. And I will be praying for you!

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

It's so good to hear from you, Deb.

I can't imagine the pain of the endometrial biopses.

I thrive on knowing as much as I can before any procedure. That way I feel a little more involved in how far I'm willing to go as far as treatment is concerned. The surgeon gave me an outline of my options should my biopsy show malignancy. Of course, he made it sound very cut and dried almost like a logical sequence. If it's this, then we do that and so on... All the time he was talking, I was wishing that he'd get to 'the worst case scenario'. After the results come in, I'm going to make sure I have as much info as possible before I leave.

My poor DH was sitting beside me looking like a deer in the headlights. I was hoping he would be the note taker and had brought a small pad of paper with me. I soon noticed that he wasn't even hearing what the surgeon was saying. He had escaped into his 'dream world' - a fairly common place where all is well. :rolleyes:

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Isaku, it's unusual for your surgeon to be outlining all the treatment options when they don't even know if you have cancer. That would be very unnerving and also not very helpful.

What I learned, and I have to say I learned a lot, is that breast cancer is not one thing. There are many types, subtypes and unique factors in each case that will indicate what the treatment plan will be. Unless you were in there with your doc for a LONG time, there is no way he could cover all of it.

Of course I hope your biopsy is totally benign. In the odd case that it is not, there are some things you need to know. Do not allow a "general surgeon" to do any work on you. Only see a oncological breast surgeon. These people specialize in breast cancer surgery only, it's all they do 5 days a week. Their expertise is so much more refined and you will get better results. Next, unless your case is very simple, go to a comprehensive cancer center (there are around 66 of these in the US) and get treatment there. It's a different world, believe me.

That's a start! Hope you are totally in the clear!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock

i missed your posts andelain. i am sorry to hear you are battling bc. i wish you well and will offer a prayer for your recovery.

isaku, prayers and well wishes for a good report.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain--I am so sorry for what you're going through. Dust and prayers outgoing for your recovery.

Isaku--Still thinking of you. Dust and prayers for good results.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
crown1 said:

i missed your posts andelain. i am sorry to hear you are battling bc. i wish you well and will offer a prayer for your recovery.
I second the missing your posts, Andelain! I was actually worried about you as last I thought I heard you were off protecting us!
I am a an almost 18 year survivor of stage 2 invasive ductal breast cancer, so I can relate. Prayers for a swift recovery!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to start a separate thread to answer posts addressed to me, isaku5 needs all the dust and prayers she can get in here. We really wants hers to pop negative.

lydia

Rough_Rock
Thoughts and prayers ongoing for you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still thinking of you!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Isaku still sending dust your way!!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
isaku5, did you get the results? Waiting and really hoping for benign!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results