shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for my husband please

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Charbie, I am so relieved your husband is feeling better--what a scary situation.

This closing will be one to remember for everybody involved :) Hopefully the staff will allow you to celebrate by discharging your husband!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust and hugs Charbie!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Charbie! Hugs my friend! I'm glad to hear your husband is doing better. That's great! And great that the closing officer is being so accommodating. I guess they really do want their money. Ha ha!

Hugs to you and your family!

~LC

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Clot busting dust coming your way!

I am so glad to see that your husband is recovering. I had a DVT in my left leg in June 2009 and was on coumadin (warfarin) for 6 months and am now on low dose aspirin daily.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust for DH! THat must be scary!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope your husband feels better soon, Charbie, and congratulations on your new house!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charbie, much dust and prayer for your DH! Hope all is well very very soon!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Dust for your husband, Charbie!

My mum has had two DVTs in separate legs on two separate occasions and ended up with pulmonary emboli last time around. Watching her struggle to breath was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed, so I understand your concern (and sympathise with you, Lyra). I'm happy to report that she is quite well now, though she's wearing pressure stockings and taking Warfrin permanently at this stage. She was on IV Heparin while in hospital.

I'm so glad that you had a medical team smart enough to recognise what was going on. The first doctor that saw my mum when she had the pulmonary emboli thought she was just having a panic attack given that nothing was showing up on an ECG... :rolleyes:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this. One of my best friends (a doctor, like me) had a massive blood clot to her lungs earlier this year. It was touch and go for a day or so, and then she steadily improved. She's still on blood thinners but is doing well. The good thing is that your husband's blood clot was diagnosed. It's not the ones that I find that I worry about (well, I do still worry) it's the ones that I miss and go untreated.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Continued thanks and appreciation to all. Just had a new doc come in (grrrr) who has decided DH needs to stay here for 5 total days :o :!: we are frustrated to say the least, bc the message we received from his primary doctor yesterday was totally different. Gotta love that communication between docs! Since its the weekend, we really have no other way to get news or speak to his own doc for a second opinion. I understand and appreciate the want and need to take this very seriously as it can be a life threatening condition, I just wish we had known sooner about the course of treatment.

We are so blessed and have the most amazing support system. We closed on the house, which was bittersweet bc DH couldn't be there with me as the first loads of items arrived. His wonderful friends all rallied yesterday and loaded their SUV's and truck beds with anything we had boxed up, so we have gotten the things from our temporary home into the house. Tomorrow is the big day with a uhaul and more friends and family taking the bulkier items from storage. After moving yesterday, we enjoyed the back deck I've been so excited about for some pizza and beers (I had diet coke ;)).

So I just cannot wait for my husband to be there with me. The path the doctor is taking is the correect path of treatment, and I remind myself often that I want my husband alive and well over a nice new home anyday. The house will be there when he gets out....and if he hadn't been taken care of he may not have had the opportunity to enjoy the house at all.... :halo:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Dust and prayers for both your husband and your family.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie - glad to see things are looking up! I'm sorry the stay for the long haul was sprung on you - that's not a surprise I'd appreciate much! And congrats on closing on the house :appl: :appl: - though I understand how disappointing it is that DH couldn't be there :(sad It sounds like things are going to be okay soon, though, thank goodness, and you have lots of support IRL and on here until he's home!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Charbie, I'm so glad he's doing better. I'm sure it was hard to move without him, he'll be so appreciative of his friends' and your new home when he is released.

My continued best to both of you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been thinking of you guys Charbie. sending good thoughts and glad things are getting better.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad your husband is doing better. Five days will go in a flash and then you'll be in your new home. Congrats on the new home!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons and tons of dust Charbie!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Quick update in between moving:
We got the best Father's Day gift ever- DH was released today!! The doctor looked over his labs after we asked what his numbers were and ta da! He was at the magic ratio number! The doc was even a bit surprised bc he literally was about to leave when we asked him to see what his ratio was. Im glad we did...otherwise he may have had his blood too thin!
So I left and started the move while he waited for the nurse to complete his orders. We didn't tell anyone but his mom that he was released, and when people showed up at the new home from the house we were storing thing at, he was there too! So excited we get to finally spend the night together in our new house!

Thank you all for the continued prayers! His journey isn't over, but the hurdle to get out of the hospital is finally out of the way! Yay!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
That's great news!!! I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well enough to come home!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a GREAT Father's Day gift! I'm glad he's home, Charbie. I hope your husband continues to feel better and you can enjoy your new home in peace. Good luck finishing the move!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
dust and prayers!my twin sister goes in for back surgery tomorrow morning!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad things are working out well. Congratulations on your new home. Best wishes for many happy and healthy years there with DH and baby-on-the-way.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such great news Charbie! I am so happy for you both! Your husbands health and your friends are two of the best gifts ever!

How sweet of them to kick in and help you get everything done. That is kind of rare these days. Hang on to them and treasure them!

Hope this is a wonderful day for you both! There is something really special about the first night in a new home! Congrats!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
thinking of you and your DH Charbie. I hope recovery continues and he is home soon!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Great Fathers' Day gift!. I hope your DH's recovery goes smoothly. Congrats on the new house! Dust to you and your DH!!!

~LC

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to hear your husband was released, Charbie! I hope he doesn't have any further complications.

Congrats on your new house, too!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charbie, I am SO SO SO very glad that this was caught in time. Pulmonary embolisms are incredibly scary, but the important thing is that it was diagnosed early and I am confident your hubby will make it to full recovery in no time.

He will generally be put on coumadin for the first little bit, and then probably to low dose aspirin for a while. Make sure he gets his INR tested frequently as well.

Sending lots of good wishes your way - I am sure he will bounce soon. It's just a matter of time, but his recovery will definitely be 100%.

Lots of hugs to you. It must be a lot to go through, especially with the baby-belly and the house.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charbie...happy to hear the good news about your DH and congrats on your new home! :appl: :appl: when is the open house party for PSers?.. :bigsmile:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh I'm oblivious to it all-I missed this, I'm sorry Charbs. I'm glad husband is back home now..how scary for both of you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I missed the update - that's great news charbie! Now I hope everything stays the way it should!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is good news! So glad he is doing better and is at home!

Congratulations on your new house also!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results