shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for Deco''s Pup

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! More dust heading your way for a speedy recovery in her lil'' chicken legs!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
**********Lots more recovery dust on the way!**********

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yah for a successful surgery!
36.gif
Please let us know how she does in the weeks to come!

Our little red dachshund, Dreamer, had to have a similar surgery when she was 7 months old (different part of the leg, but it was also genetic and she was lame from it) so I know how hard it is to see your baby in pain and feel so helpless!
39.gif
Our little girl made a full recovery and you cannot even tell she was ever lame, and I am hoping and wishing all the same things for Tallulah!

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
What wonderful news about Tallulah''s surgery! My two doggies and I send lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your little one is doing well after surgery
1.gif

My little guy (avatar pic) suffered a spinal cord injury (possible FCE) in October so I know how it is to see them not feeling well. We have had him in physical therapy a couple of times a week and he is doing great. They have an underwater treadmill and it''s amazing to watch him run on it!

Hang in there ((((loads of dust)))

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this. I am so glad things went well. Prayers and many buckets of fairy dust for your little sweetie to recover and hugs for you too. I know that you will spoil her in the most wonderful way as she gets better. She is lucky to have someone who loves her so dearly to take care of her and love her when she needs tender care.

Mrs.2Artists

icekid

Ideal_Rock
So glad your girl came through her operation so well, Deco! Hope she gets feeling back to normal soon.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi guys! So appreciate all the well-wishes & recovery dust!

*** Sunday Update ***

Yesterday was the big day. Tallulah came home! We picked her up and I was sooooo happy to see her -- but a bit taken aback by her initial appearance. I thought I was prepared for the sight of the stapled incisions but they were quite jarring. Franken-Pup comes to mind. And she was still a bit out of it and glassy-eyed and bedraggled looking inside a GIANT cone. They switched her to a smaller one & gave us lots of instructions & we headed off into the snowstorm for the hr. drive home.

She''s walking a bit for potty time & so happy to be home & enjoying many chest rubs and belly rubs and giving lickisses to us if we venture close enough to the cone. Its hard for her to stay in the crate all the time, after being used to full run of the house ... but we''re practically crawling into it with her for snuggling & feeding & watering etc. Kinda funny: In the TV listings we saw a title of a kids show called "Tutenstein" & cracked up because we call her Toots all the time and now her wee legs are all Frankenstieny ... so I''m afraid our gallows humor has led to a temporary new nickname.
41.gif

Thought about posting some pix but wasn''t sure if folks wanted THAT much info.
MUCH LOVE FROM TUTENSTEIN & FAMILY! xoxo

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh--the sweetheart!! Sending more recovery dust and gentle ((((hugs))))

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few belated answers/comments ...

Date: 1/8/2009 10:26:50 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Are they going to give her a few tranqs the first few days to keep her from aggravating the injury?
They did send us home with some, but she hadn''t needed any in the hospital for the first two days ... and she''s still pretty achy & slow moving yesterday & today so we haven''t needed to slow her down anymore. It does seem that she gets more & more perky though -- and she tried to get out of her crate for the first time a few minutes ago. She may need some tranqs eventually!

PEEPA:
Thanks for the toy tip. All the best to Petie for a speedy recovery as well!! I thought I read something about the surgery on an Xmas thread but wasn''t sure if it had already happened or not. WHEW!! So far so good for both of our pups!

TEAPOT:
Looked up the inflatable collars .. interesting! Thanks!

MOVIE ZOMBIE:
Sadly they wouldn''t let us visit her during her 2 day stay. She''s a nervous sort & they thought seeing us & then us leaving w/o would be more traumatic for her than just coming at the end to take her home. A judgment call I guess -- but we didn''t have a choice about it. They were cool w/us calling any time day or night to check on her though. That helped.

DREAMER DASCHIE:
So glad to hear Dreamer''s made a full recovery & is good as new! Also ... from your avatar, gorgeous!

LIBSTER:
Oh no! That must have been sooooo scary! Good news that he''s doing well now though! I think *I* could use an underwater treadmill work out myself ... does he need someone to walk him down there?
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear she is doing so well Deco!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful news Deco! Sending more recovery dust.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I didn''t see this before, but I am very glad to hear that your baby is okay! Lost of recovery dust being sent from me and the pups!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! That is great news.

It must be great to have her home to be able to love on her and cuddle her. (I know the cone is a PITA, but she will get used to it. I used to call Lena''s cone, her helmet as she bashed into everything with it!)

****recovering at home dust*****

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy to hear that your precious baby is home and is recovering. My little baby is 18 months old and she also hops (her left hind leg) and her vet also said the same thing, to wait until is becomes a real problem. I am hoping that never happens. I remember when I got her spayed last year and she had to stay the night at the vet''s. I couldn''t stop thinking of her, but once she came home she recovered very quickly.

Please keep us updated on her progress. My little Sashie says "Woof Woof... get better Tallulah!"

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, i am late to send dust. I am glad everything went well and I am sending dust for a speedy recovery!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just now seeing this. Deco, I''m so happy to hear the surgery went well. Here''s to a healthy and speedy recovery!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 6:25:37 PM
Author: musey
I''m just now seeing this. Deco, I''m so happy to hear the surgery went well. Here''s to a healthy and speedy recovery!!!

Me too, glad she''s doing so well with the recovery!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Just bumping this to see if there is an update on little T''s recovery - I hope she is continuing to do well and not in too much discomfort!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 2:54:07 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Just bumping this to see if there is an update on little T''s recovery - I hope she is continuing to do well and not in too much discomfort!
Awww. Thanks for checking in! I''ve been meaning to update. Things are going very well (knock wood). She''s scheduled to get the staples out (and cone off hopefully) next Wednesday. Today was the last day of her antibiotics & serious pain meds so now she''s down to one daily med (anti-inflammatory) + her joint supplement.

However -- as spry as she''s feeling, she''s more anxious to get out of her crate than ever before. She''s snuck out a couple times & ended up sitting beside me w/o me noticing -- so no more "open crate" policy. I think the narcotics were knocking her out a bit and now she has so much energy & will to snuggle/explore/get back to life as normal. She doesn''t have ANY idea how long she''s supposed to be in that darn crate. (At *least* five more weeks -- maybe up to seven.)

Am starting to figure out what the extra bottle of sedatives they gave me *might* be for!
6.gif
3.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
awww i''m so glad that she seems to be feeling better. Dust for a continued speedy recovery, and much patience for the both of you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad she is doing well!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* bump*

How is she Deco?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 11:24:18 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 1/14/2009 2:54:07 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

Awww. Thanks for checking in! I''ve been meaning to update. Things are going very well (knock wood). She''s scheduled to get the staples out (and cone off hopefully) next Wednesday. Today was the last day of her antibiotics & serious pain meds so now she''s down to one daily med (anti-inflammatory) + her joint supplement.

However -- as spry as she''s feeling, she''s more anxious to get out of her crate than ever before. She''s snuck out a couple times & ended up sitting beside me w/o me noticing -- so no more ''open crate'' policy. I think the narcotics were knocking her out a bit and now she has so much energy & will to snuggle/explore/get back to life as normal. She doesn''t have ANY idea how long she''s supposed to be in that darn crate. (At *least* five more weeks -- maybe up to seven.)

Am starting to figure out what the extra bottle of sedatives they gave me *might* be for!
6.gif
3.gif

Don''t know how I missed this - sounds like everything is going well, I hope that is still the case.

Definitely tough to keep them resting when they are under the weather - those extra sedatives sound like they might (unfortunately) be necessary for her own good.

I really hope her recovery is continuing well!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 10:59:56 AM
Author: Lorelei
How is she Deco?
35.gif
Lorelei & Ambergretchen! Toots is doing very well. What a snuggly love bug. I, however, have been *bad*. Last night she got away from me, leaped off the couch onto the wood floor & skittled all the way to the door to "greet" her daddy.
23.gif
32.gif
She seems to be okay though - THANK GOODNESS - she was like a bat out of hell! And def. could have twisted her still-healing knees the wrong way. She hasn''t been on wood floors in almost a month! (Being carried everywhere inside). So now we''re back to full time lock down mode. No more barricaded couch/bed snuggling. And she''s a bit peeved about that today.
3.gif

I feel like a real dunce. The surgeon WARNED me that''s how accidents happen. Just calm snuggling when some sudden sound attracts them and they''re off ... totally forgetting their restrictions/injury. And that''s exactly what happened.
15.gif
29.gif
38.gif
. 2 1/2 more weeks of this ... we. can. make. it.
1.gif

Thanks for asking!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...sounds like its definitely been hard on everyone. I''m so glad she is OK after her little escape attempt though - that is definitely good news. And I know you all can make it the additional few weeks - just look how far you''ve come so far!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
So glad your frankentiny is doing better! Ouch about the enforced cage time. Hard for you all I''m sure.
hugs!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi late sending dust as well, sorry Deco. I''m sorry this is so rough, I can''t imagine having to so vigiliant and hyper aware. ((HUGE HUG)) I''m so happy that she is on the road to recovery, and I''ll pray for a calm two weeks to come.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear your little lovebug is doing better. I really like your new avatar; she''s got one of the cutest doggie-faces ever. It always looks like she''s grinning from ear to ear!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh bless her!! So glad to hear she is doing well, almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results