shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for BF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I was sleeping, and woke up and needed a glass of water ( am working nights). I came out and saw my BF sitting on the sofa with my old computer. I just stood there and asked him why here was here at 2 pm on a Thursday afternoon. He looked at me and said "I got laid off." I just stood there, like what????

He lost his job today. He had no warning. He just ordered a LCD TV yesterday and was telling me about it last night (he was able to cancel it).

I can''t believe how fast things can change, recession sucks.

His computer was funded though the company, so he dosn''t have one anymore. I let him take mine, and tired to go back to sleep. That was a lost cause. Work is going to be painful for me tonight, but at least I have a job.

Any positive thoughts would be great. If anyone knows anything I can do to help him, I am open. I have never experienced this before with a loved one.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stinks, it is happening everywhere, my son just got laid off as well, dust and prayers coming your way.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, so awful...

lots of dust!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I know he is one of many. Still makes me sad.

diamondringlover - dust to your son. I hope he finds a job

Italiahaircolor - thanks for the toughts

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of job dust his way. I am so sorry. HUGS!!!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
That stinks!

On the positive side, will it make your long distance situation any easier?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, so unfair. *DUST* for your BF

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. That''s crazy. Was there any talk of layoffs in his company or was this just out of the blue?

I''m really sorry to hear that. Such a crappy financial time. Does this change your future plans at all?

*********************************DUST***********************************

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Basil - don''t know yet

Porrige - thanks

Freke - As I said, he had no idea. He knew if there was another round he was at risk (there have been 2 rounds since the recession started). The last 2 rounds he knew were coming. He had no idea this was coming. I mean he bought a 42 inch LCD the day before! He told me he had a dream last night where the CEO looked at him and said "come into my office we need to talk." And he told me the last time he was laid off, he went to New Orleans with his family. Guess where he is going this weekend? The same place for a family wedding (I have to work so I am staying). How weird is that?

For the job, he told me he would look in the area, but that he has to "cast a wide net." We would be a lot closer and I would be a lot happier, but we would not be able to live together like we initially planned.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:12:15 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Freke - As I said, he had no idea. He knew if there was another round he was at risk (there have been 2 rounds since the recession started). The last 2 rounds he knew were coming. He had no idea this was coming. I mean he bought a 42 inch LCD the day before! He told me he had a dream last night where the CEO looked at him and said ''come into my office we need to talk.'' And he told me the last time he was laid off, he went to New Orleans with his family. Guess where he is going this weekend? The same place for a family wedding (I have to work so I am staying). How weird is that?

For the job, he told me he would look in the area, but that he has to ''cast a wide net.'' We would be a lot closer and I would be a lot happier, but we would not be able to live together like we initially planned.
7.gif
That''s just awful. I can''t even imagine how taken aback he was.
38.gif

That dream is WEIRD. Totally weird. I''ve had dreams like that before where what happens in the dream happens in real life and it always freaks me out.

Well I''m going to keep my fingers crossed that he finds a job closer to where you''ll be.

((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs for you both)))))))))))))))))))))))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I am so sorry. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LF, I am so very sorry to hear this news. I was laid off twice between 2007-2008, and my stbx-husband was laid off twice in 2008. It is a very tough thing to deal with, but you can get through it. I don''t really have any advice to offer, besides the typical "don''t get discouraged" talk...it took me 8 months to find a job after my second lay off. It was very difficult for me...but I got through it and am now gainfully employed again. My most positive thoughts and well wishes going out to your BF and you.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear that you are going through this...
8.gif

*DUST* for your BF!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Ltl. This must be so difficult. Wishing you and your BF the best of luck, and lots of dust coming your way.

This recession definitely stinks.
7.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LT,
In case you missed my post in the CS thread, I wanted to say I''m sorry about the bad news. Everyone I know has either been affected or knows someone who lost their job. With more than 10 people applying for the same job today, you really have to stand out to stand a chance. Networking is extremely important now to even get a chance to interview. Contact some old friends, colleagues and professional groups to see if there''s any jobs or recommendations out there.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry for your trouble. Take care.

Sharon

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gosh LtlF, what horrible news. It doesn''t really help knowing that you are one of thousands, I remember being utterly destroyed when it happened to me, so I really feel for anyone else it happens to. You are going to be his rock through this, so you must stay strong and positive for him. So I''m sending my dust to you.

Can I ask what line of work your BF was in?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, chunk-gal and Tuskins - thank you for the kind words

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:50:54 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
I''m so sorry Ltl. This must be so difficult. Wishing you and your BF the best of luck, and lots of dust coming your way.

This recession definitely stinks.
7.gif

It really does. The faster this thing is over, the happier I will be.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that. Sending dust your way....
Two people I know just got laid off recently too. I really hope my husband keeps his job. he already took a cut and I''m not working right now.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:54:40 PM
Author: Chrono
LT,

In case you missed my post in the CS thread, I wanted to say I''m sorry about the bad news. Everyone I know has either been affected or knows someone who lost their job. With more than 10 people applying for the same job today, you really have to stand out to stand a chance. Networking is extremely important now to even get a chance to interview. Contact some old friends, colleagues and professional groups to see if there''s any jobs or recommendations out there.

He was talking about the networking thing today. He is getting recs from his boss, and has done a lot of favors for people over the last couple years. He is going to try to see what he can do with his networking skills. Thanks for the advise.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''ve dreamed or thought of things before they happen too. It is weird.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:38:38 PM
Author: monarch64
LF, I am so very sorry to hear this news. I was laid off twice between 2007-2008, and my stbx-husband was laid off twice in 2008. It is a very tough thing to deal with, but you can get through it. I don''t really have any advice to offer, besides the typical ''don''t get discouraged'' talk...it took me 8 months to find a job after my second lay off. It was very difficult for me...but I got through it and am now gainfully employed again. My most positive thoughts and well wishes going out to your BF and you.

Thanks for the positive thoughts, I am sorry you had to go through such a long period of being out of work, but am very happy you are employed now

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:02:50 PM
Author: Gailey
Gosh LtlF, what horrible news. It doesn''t really help knowing that you are one of thousands, I remember being utterly destroyed when it happened to me, so I really feel for anyone else it happens to. You are going to be his rock through this, so you must stay strong and positive for him. So I''m sending my dust to you.

Can I ask what line of work your BF was in?

He worked for a tech company and was in marketing. His branch was doing very well with sales. But it is owned by a large company that is doing bad. They did a 5% across the board cut to beef up their 2nd quarter earnings. He was the only one laid off from his company, because there are so few people left, one person is 5%. But I know there were a ton in this corporation as a whole.

I am already working on being positive for him. That is what he wants from me I think.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ltl- So sorry to hear the news! Hopefully it means something better is coming in the future- closer to your job? I hope so! Dust to you two..

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:09:53 PM
Author: innerkitten
Sorry to hear that. Sending dust your way....

Two people I know just got laid off recently too. I really hope my husband keeps his job. he already took a cut and I''m not working right now.

I am thinking of your husband. I have had dreams like that too, it is freaky

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out CareerBuilder, Monster and those type of job sites too, in addition to the services of a head hunter.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i am so sorry. I wish the best for you both - hopefully he will find something soon!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
************Lots of dust for you and your bf*********** I hope he finds another job quickly :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif
wiz1.gif

I thought I already posted this but it got eaten by the post monster
6.gif
, sending your BF a ton of dust for a new job

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results