shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for BF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So we just talked. He is a little more angry now, which I kind of expect. He is upset that his father just told him to "settle" for anything. He has asked me not to ask him about the job search. He told me it will be the only thing on his mind and that he will tell me when something important happens. I don''t think he wants advice from me either. He just wants support. He took my computer so that he could start networking (as I said earlier, his laptop was owned by the company). I think this weekend I am going to back my stuff up, put it on my new computer, and give my old computer to him. I was kind of planning on doing that anyways. Plus, now he is going to sell my car so that I don''t have to trade it in (more money for me), so I guess I can tell him it is a thank you gift. He is basically looking all over the west coast including CA the Pacific Northwest, and NM.

Chrono, thanks for all the info. Don''t know if I can share it with him at this point since he kind of wants to do this on his own, but it is very good advice and I appreciate you taking the time.

jcarlylew and nicca - thanks for the dust - hope it helps

Deelight - thanks - I hate the monster that eats my posts

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry - so many people are suffering like this, and I''m so sorry it has happened to your BF too.

I think everyone deals with grief like this in their own way (and it is grief, though perhaps not in the traditional sense). I think the best thing you can do is be there and be supportive - try to pay attention to what he needs. Sometimes people appreciate practical help (i.e. help with networking, researching job options, etc...) and sometimes they just want a sympathetic ear or even to just forget about it when they are with you.

I''m sure you will know what the best course is for the two of you just by being with him and by listening.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks AmberGretchen,

He is doing better today. He is networking like mad. He has a few leads he is already working. I think he is the type of guy who just wants me to be supportive. It is happening everywhere to so many people.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Ltl . . . I do hope your BF finds a job soon. Sending dust your way!!!!!

On another note, I''ve used LinkedIn as a great way to find a new jobs for friends and former colleagues. . .

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear that. Sending buckets of dust.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!!! I''m so sorry to hear about this. Sorry I didn''t see this thread yesterday. That''s just terrible.......something better will come along. Try to keep his mood up with positive thoughts...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 4:31:53 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Thanks AmberGretchen,

He is doing better today. He is networking like mad. He has a few leads he is already working. I think he is the type of guy who just wants me to be supportive. It is happening everywhere to so many people.

Good for him! I wish him the best of luck Ltl - I hope he finds something soon!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
LTP - BF is on linked in, I never herd of it unitl I met him. He is kind of funny. He refuses to do facebook but keeps up on linkedin

Bee- thanks for the dust

DG - Thanks, I know you went through this, and I am glad you found a new job that you seem to like. Hopefully that same will happen to my BF

BEG - me too!!! But not too far away

ATM

Rough_Rock
The best thing to do is stroke his ego and make him feel useful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results