shape
carat
color
clarity

durability of pave, such as Ritani Endless love....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I am researching and getting closer to having a custom ring made that would be similar to the Ritani Endless Love . Well today I went into the jewelery store where I purchased my original Ering and wedding ring, to have them cleaned, and while I was waiting I was talking to the sales woman about how I was going to have a custom rings made and the style it was going to be and she was very negative about it and told me that it wasn''t practical and that if I planned on wearing it everyday I would surely lose some of the diamonds. Is she right? I have my heart set on getting this done but now I am concerned b/c I certainly plan on wearing my ring everyday. Thanks for any input.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i too love pave and decided on a pave setting for my e-ring (although i haven''t had it for very long yet)! my understanding is that if the pave work is done "correctly" (ie, set securely) by someone what knows what he or she is doing, and if you take your setting in every so often to have the little stones checked, then you generally shouldn''t have a problem even with everyday wear. is it likely that, over 20 years of wearing the setting or whatever, you might lose a baby stone here or there? sure. but as it was explained to me, these stones are easily (and very inexpensively) replaced. so if you love the look, and you have a good jeweler, there''s no reason not to go for it.
1.gif
good luck

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Reena, and congrats bye the way!! I was searching earlier for an actual pic of you new bling and I couldn''t find it, did you post it yet? I love the pave look and am set on doing it and like you said the "babies" are inexpensive! I still haven''t found "the" jeweler to make my custom creation!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
thanks! the thread with my ring can be found here.

my setting person basically told me "not to freak out" if a baby stone came loose. he just said to bring it in to him and he would replace it for free. so that''s reassuring. (except that i''m moving across the country in a month. but whatever.)

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Wow , you lucky lucky girl. You have a beautiful ring AND you get to move to sunny Cali!! Been there once, We stayed in Vista, and absolutely loved it! Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results