Culet: Pointed

ags.jpg

AGSa.jpg

agsb.jpg

agsc.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a massive "fuzz" under a prong I have to go get removed today and my shirt is pink which is reflecting in a lot of the photos.

agsd.jpg

agsg.jpg

agsh.jpg

agsi.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is replacing a GIA EX .81 ct solitaire. The setting is the same.

agsj.jpg

agsk.jpg

agsl.jpg

agsm.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. What a beautiful stone and ring. I love the simplicity of your setting as it really makes the stone the star of the show. And the yellow gold.....yummy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Farleysmom. They actually found a flaw in my ring when they were mounting the new stone so they called me and asked if I wanted the same setting again or a new setting. I really liked this setting so I said "same please". It is amazing how much bigger about .5mm can make in a diamond.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
It really is beautiful and the yellow gold is very complimentary to your skin colour. When you find a setting that is "the one" it's hard to imagine having anything else. Please post more pictures, including profile shots and "before and after" if you can put any side by side. I'm sure there is a most definite visual size difference. Again..... :love: :cheeky: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom, I really like the richness of yellow gold. This setting didn't appeal to me in the case but when I put it on and they set my old diamond in it both DH and I instantly loved it. I will get more pictures later today or tomorrow. I need to get my Sunday stuff done before playing some more. :bigsmile:

agsloose.jpg

agsset.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old and new set.

agsset.jpg

giaset.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2 different diamonds.

agssing.jpg

giasing.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously I need to take a shower and get going but just a few more photos.

agsp.jpg

agsprofile.jpg

agssideshot.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! And it looks just lovely on you! :appl:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Cachette. :wavey:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh....I really like the profile shot and the soft lines of that setting. And.....you can really notice the size difference on you hand. :naughty: Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Now...off you go and get your "stuff" done! lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you again, Farleysmom. DH just got in the shower so now I can goof off for a few more minutes. I am glad I did my laundry on Friday night. LOL.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy! oh my goodness, it looks fantastic! you must be sooo thrilled! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you D&T. I was very excited yesterday. I had a price range which this diamond exceeded but they knocked about 9% off the price and I traded in a pair of sapphire studs which were very low on my nicest pieces of jewelry list and that made this affordable. The other diamond I was considering was a less expensive GIA EX F Si1 .91 carat. The crystals inside were dark and I worried I would see them in sunshine plus DH really doesn't like Si diamonds even if they are eye clean. I really wanted to hit the 1 carat range and I really wanted to get an AGS0 diamond so I was very happy to get both.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1304273710|2909254 said:
Thank you D&T. I was very excited yesterday. I had a price range which this diamond exceeded but they knocked about 9% off the price and I traded in a pair of sapphire studs which were very low on my nicest pieces of jewelry list and that made this affordable. The other diamond I was considering was a less expensive GIA EX F Si1 .91 carat. The crystals inside were dark and I worried I would see them in sunshine plus DH really doesn't like Si diamonds even if they are eye clean. I really wanted to hit the 1 carat range and I really wanted to get an AGS0 diamond so I was very happy to get both.

awww that is wonderful news! anything can happen if you want it to, and you did it! Congrats Marcy - wear in great health :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congeata on the new stone!! It's so sparkly and there is definitely a noticeable size difference

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh marcy it's beautiful :) I'm so happy for you, enjoy your new upgrade!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Marcy!!! :love: I love it because it is almost identical to my original set! I love how classic and timeless it is!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really looks perfect on you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Marcy!! It's a gorgeous stone, and it looks fabulous on you :appl: Your search obviously succeeded!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T, yesterday was just my my lucky day. If I had ended up buying the .91 ct GIA EX I would have been back looking for an AGS0 the next time I had some money saved up.

Amys Bling, thank you! DH says I am comparing gnats between my old diamond and this one because he didn’t see much difference but I think this one has a lot more fire and scintillation.

Thank you Sig47. I am enjoying it so far.

Thank you MakingTheGrade.

Thank you Diamondseeker2006. I see my set is very similar to your avatar photo. What size is your diamond? It looks HUGE and very nice too.

Thank you Motownmama. I appreciate it.

Thank you Yssie. Yes my search succeeded even past my expectations.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a beautiful stone and I am so happy for you! That ering setting is a bit unique - I've always liked it. It truly showcases your stone beautifully and looks great on your hand.

Hooray for upgrades - can't they just be the best? :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MissGotRocks. I so agree, upgrades are the best. I told DH at least any of my other pieces I might want to upgrade won't cost him so much.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful diamond. congratulations!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Minmin001.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1304295895|2909532 said:
Thank you MissGotRocks. I so agree, upgrades are the best. I told DH at least any of my other pieces I might want to upgrade won't cost him so much.

I hope he realizes his luck in this statement - ha! Your new stone is really beautiful - enjoy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1304294981|2909521 said:
D&T, yesterday was just my my lucky day. If I had ended up buying the .91 ct GIA EX I would have been back looking for an AGS0 the next time I had some money saved up.

Amys Bling, thank you! DH says I am comparing gnats between my old diamond and this one because he didn’t see much difference but I think this one has a lot more fire and scintillation.

Thank you Sig47. I am enjoying it so far.

Thank you MakingTheGrade.

Thank you Diamondseeker2006. I see my set is very similar to your avatar photo. What size is your diamond? It looks HUGE and very nice too.

Thank you Motownmama. I appreciate it.

Thank you Yssie. Yes my search succeeded even past my expectations.

Love this saying! Makes us diamond perfectionists to see these small nuances that make such a difference to us!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results