Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

DSS Relieved - New 1 Ct. AGS0

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Here are the specs:

Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.47 - 6.51 x 4.00 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.5 (G)
Clarity Grade: AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight 1.033
Fluorescence: Negligible
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 56.1%
Crown Angle: 34.0
Crown Height: 14.7%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.8% to 4.2%
Pavilion Angle: 41.1
Pavilion Depth: 43.4%
Star Length: 56%
Lower Girdle Length: 76%
Total Depth: 61.6%
Culet: Pointed

ags.jpg

AGSa.jpg

agsb.jpg

agsc.jpg
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
I have a massive "fuzz" under a prong I have to go get removed today and my shirt is pink which is reflecting in a lot of the photos.

agsd.jpg

agsg.jpg

agsh.jpg

agsi.jpg
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
This is replacing a GIA EX .81 ct solitaire. The setting is the same.

agsj.jpg

agsk.jpg

agsl.jpg

agsm.jpg
 

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
903
Congratulations. What a beautiful stone and ring. I love the simplicity of your setting as it really makes the stone the star of the show. And the yellow gold.....yummy!
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Thank you Farleysmom. They actually found a flaw in my ring when they were mounting the new stone so they called me and asked if I wanted the same setting again or a new setting. I really liked this setting so I said "same please". It is amazing how much bigger about .5mm can make in a diamond.
 

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
903
It really is beautiful and the yellow gold is very complimentary to your skin colour. When you find a setting that is "the one" it's hard to imagine having anything else. Please post more pictures, including profile shots and "before and after" if you can put any side by side. I'm sure there is a most definite visual size difference. Again..... :love: :cheeky: :love:
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Farleysmom, I really like the richness of yellow gold. This setting didn't appeal to me in the case but when I put it on and they set my old diamond in it both DH and I instantly loved it. I will get more pictures later today or tomorrow. I need to get my Sunday stuff done before playing some more. :bigsmile:

agsloose.jpg

agsset.jpg
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Old and new set.

agsset.jpg

giaset.jpg
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
The 2 different diamonds.

agssing.jpg

giasing.jpg
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Seriously I need to take a shower and get going but just a few more photos.

agsp.jpg

agsprofile.jpg

agssideshot.jpg
 

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
1,630
It's beautiful! And it looks just lovely on you! :appl:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Thank you Cachette. :wavey:
 

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
903
Oh....I really like the profile shot and the soft lines of that setting. And.....you can really notice the size difference on you hand. :naughty: Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Now...off you go and get your "stuff" done! lol
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Thank you again, Farleysmom. DH just got in the shower so now I can goof off for a few more minutes. I am glad I did my laundry on Friday night. LOL.
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,504
Marcy! oh my goodness, it looks fantastic! you must be sooo thrilled! :appl:
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Thank you D&T. I was very excited yesterday. I had a price range which this diamond exceeded but they knocked about 9% off the price and I traded in a pair of sapphire studs which were very low on my nicest pieces of jewelry list and that made this affordable. The other diamond I was considering was a less expensive GIA EX F Si1 .91 carat. The crystals inside were dark and I worried I would see them in sunshine plus DH really doesn't like Si diamonds even if they are eye clean. I really wanted to hit the 1 carat range and I really wanted to get an AGS0 diamond so I was very happy to get both.
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,504
marcy|1304273710|2909254 said:
Thank you D&T. I was very excited yesterday. I had a price range which this diamond exceeded but they knocked about 9% off the price and I traded in a pair of sapphire studs which were very low on my nicest pieces of jewelry list and that made this affordable. The other diamond I was considering was a less expensive GIA EX F Si1 .91 carat. The crystals inside were dark and I worried I would see them in sunshine plus DH really doesn't like Si diamonds even if they are eye clean. I really wanted to hit the 1 carat range and I really wanted to get an AGS0 diamond so I was very happy to get both.
awww that is wonderful news! anything can happen if you want it to, and you did it! Congrats Marcy - wear in great health :appl:
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
Congeata on the new stone!! It's so sparkly and there is definitely a noticeable size difference
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
oh marcy it's beautiful :) I'm so happy for you, enjoy your new upgrade!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,816
Beautiful, Marcy!!! :love: I love it because it is almost identical to my original set! I love how classic and timeless it is!
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
20,775
Congrats Marcy!! It's a gorgeous stone, and it looks fabulous on you :appl: Your search obviously succeeded!
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
D&T, yesterday was just my my lucky day. If I had ended up buying the .91 ct GIA EX I would have been back looking for an AGS0 the next time I had some money saved up.

Amys Bling, thank you! DH says I am comparing gnats between my old diamond and this one because he didn’t see much difference but I think this one has a lot more fire and scintillation.

Thank you Sig47. I am enjoying it so far.

Thank you MakingTheGrade.

Thank you Diamondseeker2006. I see my set is very similar to your avatar photo. What size is your diamond? It looks HUGE and very nice too.

Thank you Motownmama. I appreciate it.

Thank you Yssie. Yes my search succeeded even past my expectations.
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,490
It looks like a beautiful stone and I am so happy for you! That ering setting is a bit unique - I've always liked it. It truly showcases your stone beautifully and looks great on your hand.

Hooray for upgrades - can't they just be the best? :appl:
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Thank you MissGotRocks. I so agree, upgrades are the best. I told DH at least any of my other pieces I might want to upgrade won't cost him so much.
 

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
23,967
Thank you Minmin001.
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,490
marcy|1304295895|2909532 said:
Thank you MissGotRocks. I so agree, upgrades are the best. I told DH at least any of my other pieces I might want to upgrade won't cost him so much.
I hope he realizes his luck in this statement - ha! Your new stone is really beautiful - enjoy!
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,490
marcy|1304294981|2909521 said:
D&T, yesterday was just my my lucky day. If I had ended up buying the .91 ct GIA EX I would have been back looking for an AGS0 the next time I had some money saved up.

Amys Bling, thank you! DH says I am comparing gnats between my old diamond and this one because he didn’t see much difference but I think this one has a lot more fire and scintillation.

Thank you Sig47. I am enjoying it so far.

Thank you MakingTheGrade.

Thank you Diamondseeker2006. I see my set is very similar to your avatar photo. What size is your diamond? It looks HUGE and very nice too.

Thank you Motownmama. I appreciate it.

Thank you Yssie. Yes my search succeeded even past my expectations.

Love this saying! Makes us diamond perfectionists to see these small nuances that make such a difference to us!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx
    August Birthstones: Peridot And Sardonyx
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.

New posts

Top