shape
carat
color
clarity

DSS Got me! Looking for 5ct RBC

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I got so much help a few months ago for my 3+ carat RBC lab diamond and hoping for the same now for a 5 ct RBC. I found that I have already quickly outgrown the original lab and it wasn't too much bigger than my earth grown. Luckily I was able to sell it to a friend and now I'm looking to upgrade. Ideally looking for something close to 5 ct, (even 4.8-4.9 ct would be fine). Color D E F, ideal cut. I've been looking for a HPHT stone but I haven't seen anything. My budget is around $10K or less. Here are the three I've seen and would love to get feedback, (hope @Kim N or @DejaWiz could weigh in). TYIA!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited for you and can't wait for @Kim N and @DejaWiz to help you narrow down your search. :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the third one best, no question.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

njblinger

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really like the 5.01 E VS2 stone that @DejaWiz suggested since it has a smaller table which I've been looking for and it's an HPHT stone. Of the two you recommended, which one do you prefer more? And where can I find these stones?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really like the 5.01 E VS2 stone that @DejaWiz suggested since it has a smaller table which I've been looking for and it's an HPHT stone. Of the two you recommended, which one do you prefer more? And where can I find these stones?

You're very welcome!
I like the 5.01 a little better, although I'd like to see that 35° CA paired with a 40.6-40.7° PA instead.
These were found at LooseGrownDiamond, but they may also be listed at other sellers.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm seeing indicators of pavilion twist and light leakage under the table with this one.

I agree! I would not buy this stone. I like the third one you posted in the OP.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Going to need some super keen eyes to assess the cut precision and optics of this one...

5.73 G VVS2 HPHT (no blue nuance)
IGI Hearts and Arrows designation
40.8/34.4/56 combo
$11343
Video here:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to need some super keen eyes to assess the cut precision and optics of this one...

40.8/34.4/56 combo
$11343
Video here:

The proportions are great, but I'm seeing an uneven pavilion.

njblinger

Rough_Rock

40.8/34.4/56 combo
$11343
Video here:
What is your all-in hard cap on your budget for just the loose diamond?

Hi I'd really like to stay under $10K for the stone and stay around the 4.8-5.3 ct size. My EG diamond is 3.2 carats and I'd like to be able to see a size difference but not too significant. It's also a J and Si1and I really want to go more colorless to DEF and even a G if it's a sparkle bomb.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, Kim...that's exactly what I thought,but wanted some more eyes before ruling it out.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim, what about this one?

5.50 *extremely clean* F SI1 HPHT
40.7/35.4/56 combo
$8220
...any blue nuance? Very hard to tell with this one!
Video here:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim, what about this one?

5.50 *extremely clean* F SI1 HPHT
40.7/35.4/56 combo
$8220
...any blue nuance? Very hard to tell with this one!
Video here:

I *think* it doesn't have blue nuance. Awesome SI1! Definitely worth a closer look.

njblinger

Rough_Rock
This stone looks awesome! Any chance to find something closer to 5 carat mark?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks for the visual. I can barely tell the size difference!

May have gotten snagged by someone else...no longer showing as available.
Dang it!
(was also listed at Adiamor, but for $23k!)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So glad that you snagged it to give it a closer look, njblinger - I am really looking forward to hearing what you think and (hopefully) seeing tons of videos!

njblinger

Rough_Rock
So glad that you snagged it to give it a closer look, njblinger - I am really looking forward to hearing what you think and (hopefully) seeing tons of videos!

Yes I'll definitely take a lot of pix and videos and hope to get your assessment too!

njblinger

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately the sales rep just emailed me and said the stone is no longer available. She has offered this stone as an alternative at the same price. It is 0.18-carat smaller, has a higher color E, and has the same cut/clarity. Should I be worried about the crown angle? Looking for your guidance please @DejaWiz @Kim N

IGI: https://www.igi.org/reports/verify-your-report?r=LG530205848
Video: https://ecolightdiamond.com/VM/Vision360.html?d=L47C-1

Could be a great (and very fiery diamond)...I think I'm seeing some indicators of leakage under the table to what could be slight "ring of death", but hard to determine.
Can they get you Ideal-Scope or ASET scope images?
Kim N what do you think?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately the sales rep just emailed me and said the stone is no longer available. She has offered this stone as an alternative at the same price. It is 0.18-carat smaller, has a higher color E, and has the same cut/clarity. Should I be worried about the crown angle? Looking for your guidance please @DejaWiz @Kim N

IGI: https://www.igi.org/reports/verify-your-report?r=LG530205848
Video: https://ecolightdiamond.com/VM/Vision360.html?d=L47C-1

Symmetry is quite good - not perfect. Looks like it probably has some leakage areas. Probably worth seeing it in person or asking for advanced imaging. If you're buying from Loose Grown Diamonds I'm not sure if they can provide advanced imaging since they drop-ship

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results