shape
carat
color
clarity

DSS?? Does my stone look "small"?

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Uhhh...no - u r kidding, right?? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, it doesn't look small at all. This happens to everybody - u r not alone! I think u are put off by the space in between the e-ring and band. I suggest a flush-fitting set where the oval is set high enough to not interfere w/ the band. I also suggest a tapered setting (wider at top) as well. :read:

Hope this helps! :wavey:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think u are all correct... when I wear the ring alone, it seems bigger to me... maybe if i get a micro pave wedding band to sit more flush?

Or set the stone higher? Can I set my oval higher on my setting or does everything have to be re-done?

I think I will have settle with the way it is for now... if I spring it to DH about another change so soon, I think he will flip :shock: . If he ends up askng what I want for the next special occasion... maybe will break it to himthat I want some kind of modification... ;-)

I just want it to be "perfect" for me ya know? I want to be satisfied with it and just move on... is that even possible for us?????? :rolleyes:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure it is possible. Over time I refine my preferences and that can mean wanting to change my diamond or setting. It probably wouldn't happen if I wasn't on here all the time, but I am too attached to PS to quit!

You are in good company! Does your diamond have an upgrade policy? If so, you are in good shape to trade it later on a larger stone!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1357787209|3351835 said:
I am not sure it is possible. Over time I refine my preferences and that can mean wanting to change my diamond or setting. It probably wouldn't happen if I wasn't on here all the time, but I am too attached to PS to quit!

You are in good company! Does your diamond have an upgrade policy? If so, you are in good shape to trade it later on a larger stone!

+1

literally in the last week i have been "its too small". i wish it was in rose gold. i wish it was in yellow gold. no maybe a two tone. i wish it had side stones. should i change my halo if im going to change it again down the road when halos are not so cool anymore. what would a ruby french cut old fashion halo look like. but should i set it in prongs or leave it bezeled? oh i love my ring its perfect"

its this dang site! it makes fools of us all

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker: yes, we are in good company! Since I stumbled upon PS, I finally had all my "weird" obsessions and LOVE for bling totally... recognized I guess! Never knew there were others out there! LOL!! The jeweler does have a decent trade up, BUT poor service. Choosing a stone with them is like choosing blind. You get no help whatsover... you pretty much gotta choose based on what is on paper and I don't want to do that again! SO stressful! If I ever get another stone, I will have to sell my oval privately or something and then go with one of the great vendors recognized here....

Nielseel: I hear ya! That is what I am sooo afraid of... making a change and then STILL asking questions!! I am trying hard to just sit with it, try to be happy with it and if, after an X amount of months or years and I still want the same change ie halo, then go for it... but I can't wait sooo long to "make myself satisfied" argh! Maybe it is this site!! But I love it here!

I just emailed Quest asking how to contact Pete Tain.... If I get his contact info, then I will ask him about my halo thoughts...stay tuned!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a halo sounds like a great idea. Hope it works out!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if my input will help, but I used to obsess over my stone too--asking similar questions. I finally came to accept my 1.43 EGL graded stone for what it is--my forever stone--because I simply will not invest more money into upgrading it. I get a lot of compliments on it, so I suppose that helps, too. I think I used to obsess over it because I felt that since it was my everyday ring, I felt I was justified in investing all my extra change in it. Until I started coveting the right hand ring...and the Michele watch...and a Rolex....and one thing led to another...and I bought a lot of pretty gems...and now I can't justify upgrading my ring again because I have so many other pieces.
Hope this helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results