shape
carat
color
clarity

Driving myself insane...thinking of changing setting!

acijle3

Rough_Rock
Please help PS'ers!

I love my diamond and the halo look, but after getting used to my ring for several months now I am a little unsettled about the profile. It is an oval diamond. I originally wanted a very low profile/low setting ring, but now I am having doubts. First off I am looking for a wedding band and the bands I have tried seem to rub against the underside of my diamond. Second, I don't like how the ring has a "flat" look when viewed from the side. Should I get it raised and/or add something underneath?? I am stressing about it. Any advice is appreciated!

076_0.jpg

img

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I can't see it close enough, but the diamond doesn't look raised too much; I don't think it can go much lower. Is it just that I can't see it closely?

acijle3

Rough_Rock
It is low--I am debating whether I should get it raised higher than it is now

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
acijle3|1312342677|2982818 said:
It is low--I am debating whether I should get it raised higher than it is now
but,will he kill you??.. :bigsmile:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I see. I think it's a personal preference. If you can't find a band and it's important that it fit flush and snug....then you probably need to change your setting.

What are your preferences for a setting? There are some flat ones that I would think be able to sit flush without hitting the halo.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

acijle3

Rough_Rock
thanks gypsy...your profile view is similar to what I think I would like. I like the "U"shaped basket you have and would like something like that added to mine to better protect the culet. I hope he doesn't kill me!! ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a good bench person? Adding wires and then making sure they are symmetrical and blend in and are polished/finished well is going to need an experienced bench.

I do think you will be happier with your ring if you do add in the wires and also raise the diamond. :wavey:

I don't think he'll kill you. Mine hasn't yet. I just tell him something needs adjusting and ... done. I don't give him details cause he'd :snore: and he knows I know what I'm doing. So... he trusts me. And he wants me to love my ring.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you were looking to trade in the stone for something different- or totally scratch that setting and start over- then yes he might not be happy, but adjusting the way the stone is set if a matter of security and "tweaking" :bigsmile: I think if that fixes the issues you have with the setting then do it= and enjoy that stunning ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results