shape
carat
color
clarity

Dresser as changing table question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Mandarine,
I have that EXACT dresser and it works great for me! DH and I are both tall, and we find the dresser MUCH more comfy than changing him at the pack-n-play. Even if I were shorter though, I don''t think we would have any trouble with it. Were you the one that has the Dwell Studio Zoo bedding? If so, we are nursery twins because that is what I have! Will you post nursery pics?
As for securing it, my DH built a little frame out of wood that secures it, but I really don''t think it was necessary.
I''ll see if I can find a nursery pic to post for ya.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
here is our dresser/changer in action!

Baby 302 small.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
yes!!! we''re nursery twins!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

That looks great!! Thanks for posting!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
You can use the dresser top with a changing pad as a changing table. I bought an actual changing table with my first child and guess how many times I''ve used it? LOL NONE...I ended up changing my kids (I have 3) on my bed. My bed is so high that it''s a perfect height for my comfort and ease of having everything around me

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 7:44:27 PM
Author: Mandarine
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Cool! Will you post some pics of your nursery when it''s done? I just love ours - the pattern was both playful and modern, exactly what I wanted. It''s a bit "matchy" since I have ALL the stuff from that set, but oh well! I thought the quality was great and the price unbelievably good. If you don''t have the rug I recommend it. It''s ony $12 or so right now and is real wool! I am thinking of getting another in case ours wears out. I love the dresser too. It has plenty of storage! We thought about getting the smaller one and I''m so glad we didn''t. I got different knobs for it too.

what do you plan to do for other decorations? i''m excited to hear more about your nursery! It seems like yesteray we were gettig ours set up and now our son is almost 5 months old!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have the Leksvik chest-of-drawers from IKEA that has the changing table extension that you can then remove when they are older. I painted the whole thing white so it doesn''t look so IKEAy. I''m buying the rest of the nursery range to match as I like it so much.

Mela and I both have the Kuster Jelly Baby changing mat. I LOVE mine - as does Daisy. It''s memory foam so warm to the touch, shaped so the baby will find it harder to roll off, wipes down, doesn''t have any sharp scratchy bits like a lot of the plastic mats can have and sticks well to any surface so it doesn''t move around. You can get liners for it, but I didn''t bother and to be honest I''ve never needed one. It''s not cheap but if you hunt around on-line you can find bargains. I got 50% off via Amazon.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Pandora! Those look so nice!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2009 12:30:12 PM
Author: TanDogMom
Date: 8/15/2009 7:44:27 PM

Author: Mandarine

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Cool! Will you post some pics of your nursery when it''s done? I just love ours - the pattern was both playful and modern, exactly what I wanted. It''s a bit ''matchy'' since I have ALL the stuff from that set, but oh well! I thought the quality was great and the price unbelievably good. If you don''t have the rug I recommend it. It''s ony $12 or so right now and is real wool! I am thinking of getting another in case ours wears out. I love the dresser too. It has plenty of storage! We thought about getting the smaller one and I''m so glad we didn''t. I got different knobs for it too.

what do you plan to do for other decorations? i''m excited to hear more about your nursery! It seems like yesteray we were gettig ours set up and now our son is almost 5 months old!

I will definitely post pictures once it''s done!. It''s sort of a mess right now but we get the closets installed on Tuesday so hopefully this week I can organize it a bit
9.gif

I bought the rug but returned it because it just didn''t look right with two cribs....it was sort of in the middle of the two but it didn''t look right. I think with one it probably shows a lot nicer!.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 7:50:08 PM
Author: atroop711
You can use the dresser top with a changing pad as a changing table. I bought an actual changing table with my first child and guess how many times I''ve used it? LOL NONE...I ended up changing my kids (I have 3) on my bed. My bed is so high that it''s a perfect height for my comfort and ease of having everything around me

That''s good to know!. I figured the same thing...I rather have a dresser and see if it orks out as a changing table than having a stand alone changing table!. I''m probably going to end up changing them downstairs a lot more often anyway!

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results