shape
carat
color
clarity

dress shopping, round 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
#3 definitely makes your figure look awesome!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i love posting on here b/c i get completely (for the most part) different answers from PS ladies than i do people that i know in real life. i think either a) my "real" friends know my style & base their decision on this & not what actually looks the most flattering or b) they know my style & pick what they think i will like best. either way i find it completely fascinating! for those of you wondering, i'm not done shopping yet. my mom said (and i agree) "just keep trying them on, you're only doing this once!" it seems like #3 was the winner according to you all! so, now for my opinions of the dresses from trip #2
2.gif
\

gls i agree with you completely-- i love how little my waist looked in dress #3 but the neckline was so high & we couldn't really get it pinned down lower. so, i took that one off pretty quick but i did keep saying "look my waist looks so little!"

dress #1--i liked but it is pretty similar in design to dress #1, round 1 and double the price. i liked the dress from round one better anyway!
dress #2--i saw this one online & had to try it on. it's beautiful but not for my wedding in the fall. it'd be perfect for someone's spring or summer wedding, imho.
dress #3--loved my waist, hated how high the neckline was, wasn't nearly as wowed as you all were
3.gif

dress #4--no, almost didn't even come out of the room w/it on. for some reason i got it in my head it looked like a prom dress!
dress #5--i really liked this one. which completely surprised me. i didn't think i'd like something so traditional looking! but there are/were a few things that bugged me a)i thought i'd die in the full corset b) it was REALLY heavy c) the fabric on the bodice kind of rippled b/c of the boning which the sales assc said would probably remain after alterations. but i put in on twice & with the veil it would be really beautiful walking down the aisle of the church i'm getting married in.

so, final result, dress #1 from trip 1 is still in the lead (i think) with a close runner up dress #4 from this trip. i made a side by side of me in both dresses to try to gain some clarity...what do you guys think?

ETA: someone asked the manufacturer/style of dress #3 & i honestly don't know...since i wasn't crazy about the dress, i didn't even pay attention! sorry!

BridalCanvasDotCom_4254.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
back of my two favorites

opinions??

BridalCanvasDotCom_4255.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I like #3 because I think it is the most figure flattering, but I'm not loving the sequins and also looks like perhaps the dress is a little big on you? I also like the last one, #5. Is the last one the one shown on the right in your side-by-side photos just posted? If so then I definitely like! That style of low waist looks nice on you and I love the train. In 1 and 2 from this trip, I don't think that higher waist is doing you justice, and I also am not wild about the fabric on dress 2. #5 though is a winner!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 11:58:53 PM
Author: TanDogMom
I like #3 and I also like the last one. Is the last one the one shown on the right in your side-by-side photos just posted? If so then I definitely like! That style of low waist looks nice on you and I love the train.

Ditto! I personally don''t care for the one on the left; however, that''s just my particular taste, and if you love it, that''s what counts. I think 3 and 5 from this thread both flatter your great figure better.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Out of the two you narrowed it down two I still really love the one on the left. I love the material and the way it photographs. Is it silk dupioni? That is my favorite bridal fabric, hands down. I am not the biggest fan of satin so that is probably one of the reasons I am not nuts about the one on the right. I also think that the seams on the skirt on the right really stand out. I LOVE the fullness of the skirt on the left as well. Its dreamy!

That being said, they both suit your figure beautifully and you look happy in them which I think is a really important aspect of gown shopping. If you aren''t 100% comfortable in a gown then it will show in your photographs.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
tandogmom, jstarfireb, clairitek...thanks for your responses re my two favs. it''s a couple days later, and i still look at them & love them both. to answer a few questions, yes, the one on the right is #5 from this second trip. and no, the fabric of dress #1 isn''t silk dupioni--it''s actually taffeta but it felt different than i expected it to.

everyone else, if you have any opinions, please share. i''m not easily insulted & if you don''t like either, i''ll survive.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i love the one on the left!!!! i think everything about it is beautiful!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i love the left one! For me it seems to have more personality and style. You look great in both though!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
The one on the right hands down!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 6:35:09 PM
Author: lulu66
tandogmom, jstarfireb, clairitek...thanks for your responses re my two favs. it''s a couple days later, and i still look at them & love them both. to answer a few questions, yes, the one on the right is #5 from this second trip. and no, the fabric of dress #1 isn''t silk dupioni--it''s actually taffeta but it felt different than i expected it to.

everyone else, if you have any opinions, please share. i''m not easily insulted & if you don''t like either, i''ll survive.

Ahhh now that you tell me this and I look again, I see that. I was mesmerized by the light reflected by the material and just jumped to a conclusion! Regardless of what material it is I still love the one on the left!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I love the shape #3 gives you. The others it seems as if the dress is wearing you, but you are wearing the dress in #3.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/28/2009 8:15:56 PM
Author: lulu66
iso, final result, dress #1 from trip 1 is still in the lead (i think) with a close runner up dress #4 from this trip. i made a side by side of me in both dresses to try to gain some clarity...what do you guys think?
OK, now that you have narrowed it down to the two listed above, I would definitely choose the one on the left from your first shopping trip. I think the one on the right is very flattering and pretty, but it's too traditional for my taste.

Re: Taffeta. I am a taffeta fan - i love that it is lightweight, and i actually really like the reflectiveness of it in photos. In fact, if you can't have the Dupioni Silk, i think it's a really nice alternative, weight wise. However, when i went shopping, and posted pics here, many many ladies commented on the reflectiveness/shinyness of the dresses and that they thought they would photograph strangely. I'll try to find my link so you can see the pics. your picture doesn't look nearly as shiny as mine did, and I always thought the reflectiveness would be really pretty in photos...just make sure it doesn't bother you.

EDIT: Lulu - look here for one of my threads on dresses. Dress #3 and #4 are taffeta (p.s. i loved them both regardless)
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-tried-again-dress-shopping-with-pics-round-3.107455/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results