shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Shopping - Need help between 2!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call Netbride about that Maggie. Seriously. I''ve heard some amazing stories about what they can do... and they did a great job for me. Get them on the phone and see if they can get it in.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 2:28:18 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 6/15/2009 2:25:49 PM

Author: OUpeargirl

Yeah!! The Maggie is gorgeous!

I can''t imagine them having trouble getting it before your October wedding. Honestly, you should be fine as long as you order soon!

Ehh... they just called, they can''t get it.
39.gif
Even with a rush for 100 bucks, it still is only arriving 1-2 weeks before the wedding which leaves hardly any time for alterations.

I don''t know what to do.

I love the dress, but not sure what my next step is. The sample size is an 8, which would be a tight squeeze. I''m not sure how easy it is to let a dress out a whole size/

Seriously??? I work tomorrow and we carry Maggie Soterro. Do you want to see if we can get it in? I know it wouldn''t be perfect, but we could possibly ship it to you or something? I just don''t see how that is possible. Maggie does not take us that long to get in.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 7:02:49 PM
Date: 6/15/2009 2:28:18 PM

Author: elledizzy5

Date: 6/15/2009 2:25:49 PM

Yeah!! The Maggie is gorgeous!

I can''t imagine them having trouble getting it before your October wedding. Honestly, you should be fine as long as you order soon!

Ehh... they just called, they can''t get it.
39.gif
Even with a rush for 100 bucks, it still is only arriving 1-2 weeks before the wedding which leaves hardly any time for alterations.

I don''t know what to do.

I love the dress, but not sure what my next step is. The sample size is an 8, which would be a tight squeeze. I''m not sure how easy it is to let a dress out a whole size/

Seriously??? I work tomorrow and we carry Maggie Soterro. Do you want to see if we can get it in? I know it wouldn''t be perfect, but we could possibly ship it to you or something? I just don''t see how that is possible. Maggie does not take us that long to get in.

Oh my god that would be awesome if you could find that dress.

I just called 8 different bridal salons in the area and NO ONE has the sample.

I have one store that said they have an "in" with Maggie and may be able to get it to me, and they''re calling me back tomorrow.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just can''t imagine it taking that long. Their rush usually means you can get it in within 8 weeks. The only way that it wouldn''t come is if the dress is discontinued. Did they say it was discontinued or that they just can''t get it in time?

I sincerely do not understand why it would take 4 months to get that dress in... So I will have my boss call them tomorrow.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
They said if I rushed it I could get it in... 12 weeks. Actually they said it would SHIP in 12 weeks, and it could take up to 10 days to get to the bridal salon.
20.gif

Normally it would take 4-5 months.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, LOVE the dress you chose - but sorry to hear you''re having difficulty getting it in time. Fingers crossed for you. I hope you are able to find it. OUpear, it''s so awesome of you to help Elle!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the dress suggestions and compliments!

I''m really going to try and get this particular Maggie dress, but so many of the dresses you''ve posted have been so pretty. So if it should fall through, I know I have tons of back-ups!

*fingers crossed*

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly believe that nothing is impossible when it comes to getting a wedding dress. I stalked ebay and craigslist endlessly until my Nicole Miller finally came on for a price I could afford.

I know you want that dress, and should have that dress, but have you tried on any other Maggies you like. I found this one, top right, in a size 10, Maggie at consignment.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwww elle!!!!!! Honestly I think you looked great in those but I do love the Maggie as well. I''ll bet it looks stunning on you! But you ought to know, you looked THIN in the other two dresses! You have a gorgeous figure. I can''t wait to see you in this dress if it works out for you!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone for the suggestions!

I went back and bought the dress!
9.gif

I tried it on one more time, and it wasn''t as small as I remembered it. (I tried on a LOT of dresses that day!) The seamstress said it could be let out, but that she didn''t think it needed to be.. it just needed a larger modesty panel, since it missed BARELY missed the edge.

The part that was concerning was the top of the corset, not the bottom. It actually fit pretty well. So a minor modification and everything should be kosher!

Yay!
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awww yay!!!

I just got off work and we could have gotten it in for you, but I''m glad you got it somewhere closer!!!!

YAY!!! It''s a beautiful gown!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 8:13:28 PM
Awww yay!!!

I just got off work and we could have gotten it in for you, but I''m glad you got it somewhere closer!!!!

YAY!!! It''s a beautiful gown!

Thanks for checking, OU! That was really nice of you... I really appreciate it.
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great! I''m glad you got the one you wanted!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elle-I agree neither is wonderful on you. If I may suggest one-I think my wedding dress might look fabulous on your figure! It comes with a bit of beading but I was able to get mine without. AND best of all they rushed it for me in about 6 weeks for only like $60 IIRC.

It is this one:

ETA: OOPS! That's what I get for not reading the entire thread! Love it Elle!!!!!!

1831casablanca.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That''s great! Yay for having a dress!
36.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh hurray Elle!!! I''m so glad you got what you wanted and I can''t wait to see the pics!!!
36.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo!!!! So glad everything worked out for you! Now you have to post pics for all us nosy on-lookers!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I''m late to this thread, but am so happy you were able to get the Maggie gown, Elle! Can''t wait to see you in it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I''m so relieved!!!!!

Now WHERE are our pics?!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooohooooo!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!! Pics pics pics!
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Yay, pretty lady! You are going to look awesome. I want pictures, stat!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, you are going to look drop-dead-holy-moly gorgeous!!! Can''t wait!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I have a fitting with the seamstress on July 1, so i''ll be sure to take pictures then.

Thanks for the support. This whole bride thing is tough... especially with only 4 months to plan!
3.gif

Neatfreak: I swear I tried that exact dress on, or something similar, and it DID look pretty awesome on me... i just prefered strapless. Good pick!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay elle!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m so glad you got what you wanted! I can''t wait to see how amazing you look in it!!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so happy you were able to buy your gown!!! What a relief that must be!!!

Can''t wait to see the pics!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Elle I''m so happy that you were able to get your Maggie and that everything turned out ok!!

I can''t wait to see pictures of you in that dress...I''m sure you look breath taking!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results