shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love the first one! Its beautiful and fun and you look wonderful in it!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I seriously had already forgotten what #2 looked like by the time I read through the posts.

I did not forget #1, though, because I flipping love it!
30.gif
30.gif
But, I agree with Freke that you will need some amazing shoes with it (like that is a problem, though).

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely adore #1. So classy, somewhat retro-inspired. I like the details on the bust, as well.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you''re willing to go with a slightly untraditional (short) dress... But I say, rock it!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Number one is so flirty and fun- plus if you dyed it you could wear it again
3.gif

Ditto on the fabulous shoe comments
2.gif

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 4:49:51 PM
Author:elrohwen
I''ve got dress pics! On Saturday FI and I (yep, he went with me) went to Priscilla of Boston in NYC to try on dresses. I''ve been in love with a lot of Vineyard Collection dresses and wanted to try them on in person. I''m going to hold off with my opinion of each until you guys give your opinions. I love both, but I''m definitely leaning towards one over the other. For context, my wedding will be outside on the Hudson River on September 25th.

Here we go!

Dress #1: This dress has a ruching (sp?) on the top, but I''m not sure if you can really see it in this pic.

I loooooove dress #1 simply because it is so sassy, and retro and AMAZING you very rarely see a bride opt for a shot gown but it looks amazing on you!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
good choice! the first one has so much personality :D

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a fabulous wedding on stylemepretty (I think) where the bride wore a dress almost exactly like that one. The wedding pics were FAB and the bride looked sooooo chic and fun. Plus you look phenomenal in that dress! I agree with Freke, if I were wearing it, I would for sure have to dye that tulle a different color (for me, it would be pink). I'll see if I can find a link to the wedding I was talking about...

ETA: Here's one link that has a cute casual wedding but not exactly the one I was looking for....the search continues

AHA--Here it is!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
MissPinky, thanks for the links! Those weddings are so adorable. I need to get working on my details and decorations so that mine can be as cute.

And thanks to all of your for your wonderful comments! I''m going to order the short dress next week during my vacation. I''m so excited!
9.gif

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
Where are you getting married? I really want an outdoor, casual wedding on the Hudson river but am having trouble finding a venue. Thanks so much!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 10:48:26 AM
Author: nyc7782
Where are you getting married? I really want an outdoor, casual wedding on the Hudson river but am having trouble finding a venue. Thanks so much!

NYC7782, I''m getting married at Dutchess Manor in Beacon. It''s a gorgeous old house and while it doesn''t have the grounds I was hoping for, it does have a view of the Hudson. And the owners are CIA trained, so they really got that I wanted great food, beer, and wine. Oh, it was also one of the least expensive places we found and had a low minimum guest count (65 on Fridays), which was hard to find. I would''ve had many more options if I had invited over 100 people.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Just saw dress#1, in person, last week and thought that it was super cute! It looks wonderful on you. I can just imagine how sassy you would look with a fab birdcage veil to spice it up + amazing shoes that Freke suggested = spectacular!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 5:02:13 PM
Author: neatfreak
Personally I like the first one better. So much fun especially for a casual wedding. And you have great legs so show em off!
Ditto exactly! It looks great on you, looks a lot more fun than the second one, flatters you more, and shows off your lovely legs!! #1!!
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
So did you decide? I love the first one!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 3:05:34 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
ZoeBartlett, I decided on the first one (that''s the one I was leaning towards anyway) and I''m going to order it next Monday
9.gif
So excited!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Are you sure you are ok with wearing a short wedding dress? If yes, I vote for #1.

ETA: Duh... I did not see pg 2 of this post.... Good choice
31.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on choosing a dress!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 Looks STUNNING on you!
30.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Love that first one! You look adorable in it and I think it would be perfect for a casual wedding!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 3:12:25 PM
Author: elrohwen

ZoeBartlett, I decided on the first one (that's the one I was leaning towards anyway) and I'm going to order it next Monday
9.gif
So excited!
I'm a little late to this thread but wanted to chime in that my favourite was number 1. I saw it in person last month and fell in love with it to the point I debated becoming a two-dress bride. It didn't help the dress shares my FI's name; it seemed like fate!

I wanted to let you know Priscilla of Boston is having a Vineyard Collection Trunk Show December 26th to 29 where you can save 10% if you purchase your dress then. Not sure if you were aware of this, but 10% is better then nothing!

Congrats on finding the dress; it looks beautiful on you!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that first dress, and it sound like the perfect choice for your wedding.
36.gif

Date: 12/16/2008 12:28:45 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Wow! I love both, but I think you made the right choice. Now we have to find you fab shoes!
Ditto the PS High Priestess of Soles! No pressure or anything (
2.gif
), but... a flirty dress like that calls for a truly fab-o pair of shoes!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 9:39:58 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

Date: 12/16/2008 3:12:25 PM

ZoeBartlett, I decided on the first one (that''s the one I was leaning towards anyway) and I''m going to order it next Monday
9.gif
So excited!
I''m a little late to this thread but wanted to chime in that my favourite was number 1. I saw it in person last month and fell in love with it to the point I debated becoming a two-dress bride. It didn''t help the dress shares my FI''s name; it seemed like fate!

I wanted to let you know Priscilla of Boston is having a Vineyard Collection Trunk Show December 26th to 29 where you can save 10% if you purchase your dress then. Not sure if you were aware of this, but 10% is better then nothing!

Congrats on finding the dress; it looks beautiful on you!
MY SA said they were having a second dress sale: 15% off your second dress. I was tempted! Haha. But I think she knew we weren''t gonna go for it since we were looking in their lowest price range. That''s so cute it shares your FI''s name! I almost bought a nailpolish that had my FI''s name in it (it was called "I''m with Brad") LOL Sorry, that was random.

Is the trunk show nation wide? I''m in NYC so I''m not sure when their next trunk show is. They were having one last weekend, but I really wasn''t ready to buy. I''m hoping that they''ll measure me on Monday, but hold off placing the order until their next trunk show. My SA did promise that she would let me know when I''d be able to save 10%. It''s definitely a lot! I think it''s my wedding shoe price, so FI would be happy about it.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 12:30:55 PM

MY SA said they were having a second dress sale: 15% off your second dress. I was tempted! Haha. But I think she knew we weren''t gonna go for it since we were looking in their lowest price range. That''s so cute it shares your FI''s name! I almost bought a nailpolish that had my FI''s name in it (it was called ''I''m with Brad'') LOL Sorry, that was random.

Is the trunk show nation wide? I''m in NYC so I''m not sure when their next trunk show is. They were having one last weekend, but I really wasn''t ready to buy. I''m hoping that they''ll measure me on Monday, but hold off placing the order until their next trunk show. My SA did promise that she would let me know when I''d be able to save 10%. It''s definitely a lot! I think it''s my wedding shoe price, so FI would be happy about it.
Hey elrohwen!

I don''t know if the trunk show is nationwide but I too live in NYC and visited the W40th St. boutique. I''m actually heading there tomorrow as they''re having a ''blowout nationwide sample sale'' on wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses (what I''m interested in).

I would definitely ask your SA about this email I received. Since I can''t forward it to you, I''ve attached a print screen for you.

BTW, love the nailpolish name; too cute!

PoBTrunkShowEmail.JPG

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 1:14:24 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

Date: 12/18/2008 12:30:55 PM

MY SA said they were having a second dress sale: 15% off your second dress. I was tempted! Haha. But I think she knew we weren''t gonna go for it since we were looking in their lowest price range. That''s so cute it shares your FI''s name! I almost bought a nailpolish that had my FI''s name in it (it was called ''I''m with Brad'') LOL Sorry, that was random.

Hey elrohwen!

I don''t know if the trunk show is nationwide but I too live in NYC and visited the W40th St. boutique. I''m actually heading there tomorrow as they''re having a ''blowout nationwide sample sale'' on wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses (what I''m interested in).

I would definitely ask your SA about this email I received. Since I can''t forward it to you, I''ve attached a print screen for you.

BTW, love the nailpolish name; too cute!
Thanks so much! I get emails from them all the time, but I didn''t see this one. I probably just deleted it because I was sick of junk email
37.gif
I''ll definitely ask my SA about it when I''m there on Monday. Unfortunately I won''t actually be able to go during those dates because I''ll be out of town, but hopefully she can just hold off on placing the order for a few days to get me the discount.

I wanted to check out the sample sale tomorrow, but she said they weren''t selling my dress as part of it, so I decided not to go. Oh, and my boss wants to me to go to work tomorrow ... so there''s that. Haha.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Gosh! Number one, number one! Love it!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 5:28:42 PM

Thanks so much! I get emails from them all the time, but I didn''t see this one. I probably just deleted it because I was sick of junk email
37.gif
I''ll definitely ask my SA about it when I''m there on Monday. Unfortunately I won''t actually be able to go during those dates because I''ll be out of town, but hopefully she can just hold off on placing the order for a few days to get me the discount.

I wanted to check out the sample sale tomorrow, but she said they weren''t selling my dress as part of it, so I decided not to go. Oh, and my boss wants to me to go to work tomorrow ... so there''s that. Haha.
LOL

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
You are too cute for words in that first dress. #1 gets my vote. Are those the shoes you are going to wear? They go so well.

ETA: Just read through the rest and discovered that you will be on a shoe hunt for sure!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:38:21 AM
Author: mayachel
You are too cute for words in that first dress. #1 gets my vote. Are those the shoes you are going to wear? They go so well.
Aww, thanks!

Nope, those aren''t my shoes, just the ones that POB picked out for me that day. Here are my shoes:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shoe-help-please.102257/ (scroll down to where I posted a picture of the blue JCrew shoes)

I
30.gif
my shoes.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! Number 1 is to die for! I LOVE it!!
30.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I heart your shoes too! Very pretty blue. Looks like you are all set.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:00:49 PM
Author: mayachel
I heart your shoes too! Very pretty blue. Looks like you are all set.
Well, not quite set ... go read my "hair pin" thread. I have no idea what to wear in my hair (other than a veil, which I''m not too keen on). I need accessory help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results