shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress Confusion- Help with Decision!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I posted last week that I thought I had found my dress. I didn''t LOVE it, but I really liked it and didn''t find anything else that even came close to it. My mom and I went back to the dress shop to order the dress because I had made my decision that it was the one I wanted. While there, they had just put a brand new dress on a mannequin that I started staring at. I decided to try it on and really like it (possibly love). My mom said I looked so happy in it.

Here''s the problem. They are TOTALLY different. This new one is antique and very Grace Kelly- which I love. THe other one is much more modern. If you were holding both of them and asked me which one I like, it would definitly be this new one with lace. However, when on me I think the other one looks a little more flattering (my mom says they both look great and one isn''t better than the other on). So now I can''t decide!! Help!

Here is the thread that has the dress I thought I wanted originally:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/think-i-found-my-dress.107032/

Here is a link to the dress that I found today (I don''t have any pics of me in it because we didn''t go to try any on, just order).
I think it looks so much prettier in person becuase you can see the detail and little sparkle on top and bottom:
http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/18/271

What are your thoughts? HELP!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
They are completely different! I have been really loving the lace looking dresses recently, so I feel a bit biased. I''d say I prefer the lace one.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely like the lace one better. I think it''s much more unique and stylish than the first one. Plus, you said it''s more your "style" and I think that when you look back at your wedding pictures, you''ll be happier seeing a dress that''s your style rather than a dress that you got just because it was flattering.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a lace girl and a Casablanca girl, so I have to vote for dress no. 2.

I do like the first dress on you, though I am not crazy about the pick-ups on the skirt. The "belt" and the shaping of the bodice are very nice.

Any chance you could get some pics in the lace dress?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I love the way the first dress looks on you. The Casablanca is a beautiful dress, but I think I'd have to see it on you.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
This is an easy one for me! I love, love, love the lace one. So beautiful!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the lace Casablanca!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 6:10:36 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
I''m a lace girl and a Casablanca girl, so I have to vote for dress no. 2.

I do like the first dress on you, though I am not crazy about the pick-ups on the skirt. The ''belt'' and the shaping of the bodice are very nice.

Any chance you could get some pics in the lace dress?
Thats exactly how I feel. I love the top, but the pickups are a little much for me. However, it is really flattering and I really do like the dress. Ugh, decisions! My MOH is going with me tomorrow to see me in both and hopefully decide. Any other input is appreciated!
1.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I work in a shop, and the second dress just came in and I am in LOVE. It is so flattering and I love the lace at the bottom.. It''s just so unique!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the lace! I hope you can post some pics of you in it!! Can''t wait!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
the lace dress is really pretty!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm....i am going to pick the Casablanca lace dress as well. I have always loved lacy dresses, and if i was getting married any time but winter i would have gone right for a lace dress.

Having said that, i do really really like the one you picked. Frankly, the pickups are typically too much for me as well, so if you think the lacy dress is more you i say go for it!! oh, and when you go back can you take a picture for us????

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
You are right, they are completely different dresses.
2.gif
It''s like looking at rings over in SMTR...just because two are stunning doesn''t mean they are both "you"...or maybe they are? Still, the first dress does have a classic, flattering cut to it that may be more forgiving than the lace. As long as the lace dress looks just as pretty (which it seems to via pics) and you are happier in it, it sounds like the lace dress has won your heart in a way that the other never will.

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Definitely the lace one!

I <3 Casablanca!

What a beautiful dress!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, tough choice! I just posted in your thread about the first dress, and I thought it looked really lovely on you. I think the Casablanca dress is gorgeous, though, and from the photo you posted, I like the style better than the first. The lace is beautiful! If the Casablanca looks as flattering on you, I would go with that; otherwise, the first one is a fantastic choice, too.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I vastly prefer the second dress, but that''s personal opinion. I would love to see it on you, as I think that would help to determine which one suits you better.

The only other thing I will add is that, IMO, pickups are already starting to look a bit dated, and on the other dress you posted, those pickups in particular looked like "too much" to me - it looked a little like the dress was wearing you, rather than the other way around.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Neither are really my style, because I don''t like lace or pick-ups. But if pressed against a wall, I''d pick the Casablanca...lace is the lesser of two evils for me! As for how flattering the styles are, you look great in the first dress, but I''m sure you''ll look just as beautiful in the Casablanca. The Casablanca looks like a uniformly flattering style.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to stop back by and say that earlier i said "the pickups were too much for me" because i was agreeing with your earlier post....just wanted to make sure i don''t offend you. i do think the first dress is very lovely on you -- i just can''t wait to see a pic of you in the casablanca!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 6:11:45 PM
Author: meresal
I love the way the first dress looks on you. The Casablanca is a beautiful dress, but I think I''d have to see it on you.
Ditto.
GoingCrazy - Beautiful choices. Both dresses are lovely & #1 is indeed very flattering on you, however, the Casablanca is gorgeous as well and I would love to see it on you in order to determine which one gets my both.
This is really a tough one! Two beautiful dresses in two totally different styles.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Both dress are beautiful but when I see lace I just swooon so for that reason I really love the second one I think it would look amazing on :).

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
ooooo...definitely the second one. I love lace trains, think they are just gorgeous.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Choose whichever you feel the most beautiful in! IT has to be how you look & feel. If you love it, if you keep thinking about it, then it''s your dress.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 9:42:27 PM
Author: blackbetty
Choose whichever you feel the most beautiful in! IT has to be how you look & feel. If you love it, if you keep thinking about it, then it''s your dress.
Ditto. But if I were forced to choose I would definitely go for the lace one, especially if its more your style.

kmci

Shiny_Rock
Casablanca all the way, the other dress is too pooofy for me (don''t know if thats a word, but you get my drift)

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of your input! I''m leaning towards the lace one too- and I''m trying them both on for my MOH this afternoon! Hopefully I''ll have my decision made by the time I go to sleep. I''ll try and get a picture this afternoon too. I really appreciate the help!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love the new one! We tend to be over critical of ourselves, so if your mom says they both look great then I''m sure they do. On the other hamd, I''d probably be one to choose whichever one I thought was more flattering. But since I haven''t seen it on you, I wouldn''t be able to tell. The first one is lovely too but it sounds like you prefer the lace.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I am kind of in your shoes too as I like simple lines but yet I like a little antique feel dresses. I agree with Kelli that if your mom says that both look nice on you, then it''s really up to your preference. I would love to see you in that lacey dress!!

teapot

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #2. I love the train

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE:

I went back and tried on both dresses for my MOH and she loved the lace one as well. So-- I will officially be wearing the lace Casablanca on my wedding day! She took some pics and I will upload them when she sends them to me! Thanks again for all of your help and input.
1.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 9:41:42 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29
UPDATE:

I went back and tried on both dresses for my MOH and she loved the lace one as well. So-- I will officially be wearing the lace Casablanca on my wedding day! She took some pics and I will upload them when she sends them to me! Thanks again for all of your help and input.
1.gif
yay!!! glad you found something you love! don''t forget the pics when you get them - i am dying to see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results