shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreams do come true!!! Dress pics inside! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dress! Congrats!

I''d most definitely wear a bra or have cups sewn in. I did neither and while my dress held my 38DD girls up fine for the fittings (which is why I decided I didn''t need anything extra) wearing it for hours going from sitting to standing and moving around I had to pull it up and adjust a lot! It had a corset back and I thought for sure that I would be good but that was not the case and I''d without a doubt advise you to get some more support! When I would sit the corset would cinch in at my waist and the boobies had more room to move about and cause the top to fall over a bit.
6.gif
DH really liked it but I was a bit uncomfortable having to keep tabs on the girls!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
VavaVOOM! Stunning! And the girls look great too..... not too sexy, I''d say just sexy enough!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Geez!! Your girls definitely made you waist as tiny as hell! You look gorgeous in that Fern dress!! Of course, I am biased as I LOVE FERN!!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it! you look gorgeous!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. It''s stunning on you!!!!!!Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Have you guys set a date yet?

(BTW, I used to be a 2/4 with 32GGs....I feel your pain. Well, not anymore (had them reduced) but I know what you''re going through a little bit.)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! And fabulous that you got it for such a great price
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
you look stunning in it!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress!
30.gif
Congrats on your very lucky find!

You have an amazing figure, btw (though I can understand to a degree; at one point I was a size 4/5 and a 36 D, though the girls have since gone down). The dress makes you look amazing. Congrats again.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ladies! Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm so in
30.gif
with my Fern. I actually have to part with it tomorrow to store it at my sister's house. I'm waiting to find the perfect shoes before I do alterations.

Lanie, CDNinNYC, Porridge, pocahontas, House Cat, puglover, - Romantic is the first word that comes to mind when I think of the dress! It definitely sets the tone for our wedding (because I have yet to find a venue, set a date, etc.
40.gif
). Thanks for the kind words!

ILA, kama, Claritek, CravingDiamonds, SS, Deelight, AmberGretchen, sunnyd, february2003bride, PilsnPinkysMom, - thanks for all of your kind words! I'm so ecstatic about this dress...I have been gushing for the past 3 days!

Bia - oh...my cleavage...the one thing I can't ever get rid of. I love the ruffling too. Please dig yourself out of wedding limbo...I'd love to hear what ideas you have brewing!

princesss - by the time my wedding is over (sometime next summer), I think you'll be on Fern overload!!! Thanks for the compliments.

cinnamongurl - I think I found the bridal salon by just googling using keywords (e.g. Melissa Sweet; Ontario). There is only one store in my area (and surrounding area I'm assuming) that carries her line and I know they pride themselves on being exclusive dealers. I hope that helps!

Dannielle - you're the first one to call it sexy! It must be the cleavage
3.gif
. We haven't set a date yet...still checking out venues. We're thinking of June 5, 2010 though.
1.gif

brandy - thanks for the advice on the undergarment/bra cups. I'm sure my FI would be much like your DH and he got a bit of a show on our wedding day. The rest of our friends and family? Hmmm...not so much.
3.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
dreamingoftheday, rockin11, doodle, honey22, jcarlylew,

Izzy -
I''m glad the cleavage isn''t too much...but I can totally see them wanting to come out to play as the night goes on, KWIM? The dress is far too tight for an undergarment right now..thank goodness I have lots of time to figure this out!

GoodSoul - I loved the Fern on you too when you were trying to decide on your dress. It''s so hard to get a feel of how this dress would look on you if it''s too big since it''s so flowy. I actually have a pic from the salon with me in the sample. I was too embarrassed to post it because I was swimming in it! Thanks for the compliments because in reality my waist isn''t very tiny at all!

Freke - no date yet...we''re thinking of June 5, 2010. Thanks for your kind words and sharing your plight. I''ve been thinking about a reduction for years now and my chiropractor offered to write a referral for me, but everyone says to wait until I have a baby so that it''s a reduction and lift all in one! 32GGs...I couldn''t imagine.

DearBuddha - thanks for sharing your boobie woes too! I have no idea how to make my girls go down in size. I''m in decent shape (would love to tone my upper body though) and pretty close to my ideal weight. My breasts have never changed in size...EVER! Thank you so much for your compliments.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Sammy you and your tiny waist look absolutely fabulous in that dress
30.gif
30.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:27:45 AM
Author: sammyj

Bia - oh...my cleavage...the one thing I can''t ever get rid of. I love the ruffling too. Please dig yourself out of wedding limbo...I''d love to hear what ideas you have brewing!
I know...
10.gif

The thing is, I still have no idea what we are planning to do (i.e., big, local wedding, OR DW). It''s frustrating! And to be frank, I have no idea where to start???
33.gif

PS--Cleavage = good
31.gif
Didn''t you get the memo? Hourglass is IN!!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:37:40 AM
dreamingoftheday, rockin11, doodle, honey22, jcarlylew,

Oops! I meant to say thanks ladies for taking the time to check out my dress and post your super nice comments. I''m really, truly flattered!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:08:37 AM
Author: fieryred33143
Sammy you and your tiny waist look absolutely fabulous in that dress
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you so much, fiery!!!
35.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:47:18 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/27/2009 8:27:45 AM

Bia - oh...my cleavage...the one thing I can''t ever get rid of. I love the ruffling too. Please dig yourself out of wedding limbo...I''d love to hear what ideas you have brewing!
I know...
10.gif

The thing is, I still have no idea what we are planning to do (i.e., big, local wedding, OR DW). It''s frustrating! And to be frank, I have no idea where to start???
33.gif

PS--Cleavage = good
31.gif
Didn''t you get the memo? Hourglass is IN!!!
Awww, Bia. To be perfectly honest, I didn''t know where to start either! So, I decided to start with the part of wedding planning that all brides seem to rave about..the dress shopping! Seriously though, now that I have my dress, I feel like I know the exact atmosphere I want to create at my wedding.

Don''t tell anyone...but I don''t actually have an hourglass figure
2.gif
. I''m much more like a triangle. Everyone calls me unproportioned because I have no bum or hips. Thank goodness for A-lines!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
You look so beautiful in your dress! I love the style! Best of luck with the bra/undergarment issue!!! Awesome job finding a gorgeous dress at an unbeatable price!!!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
You look so beautiful in your dress! I love the style! Best of luck with the bra/undergarment issue!!! Awesome job finding a gorgeous dress at an unbeatable price!!!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - STUNNING!
36.gif
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, sammyj! Can I just tell you how much I love your dress?! That is the most beautiful, romantic dress I have ever seen! Looks like it was made for you!

Congratulations on getting your dream dress!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dress, Sammy! Love all the detail and how flowy/romantic it is.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I love your dress! It looks amazing on you! Congrats on finding it for such a great price! Did I mention that I love your dress?
30.gif

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
looks beautiful!!! One question--was it totally clean when you got it from the ebay seller or do you have to go clean it? I am thinking of buying a dress online but am worried about it having unknown stains, etc... Thanks!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to my fellow Canadian, Sammy!

Your "dream dress" looks like a dream on you!
36.gif

(You have to love a great Mum who scours the net for you *wink*)

~Ally

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. Love the detail on it.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable deal - and it looks perfect for your figure!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
bensbride, iloveprincesscuts, monarch, IDOC, Rachie, all.of.the.above, bee*, violet03 - thank you so much! Call me biased, but yes...the dress is absolutely freakin' gorgeous!!!

Vancity - I know...my mom is something else. I think great googling skills is a hereditary trait...both my little sister and I can spend hours at a time googling random things!

nyc7782 - I actually bought the dress on Craigslist and I have to say I lucked out because there isn't a single thing wrong with the dress. With the exception of a missing eye (from the hook and eye closure in the back), there are no stains, tears, or anything. When I had spoken to the previous owner about the dress she said she had done a onceover before packing it and couldn't find anything to report. Again, I think I got lucky! Be sure to ask lots of questions!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous on you!!! I think it''s pretty easy to get cups sewn into a dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results