shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreams come true with DiamondsbyLauren!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello, everyone! Thank you to those who read about my e-ring journey and offered invaluable advice and support: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-ever-custom-ring-project-with-diamondsbylauren.223461/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-first-ever-custom-ring-project-with-diamondsbylauren.223461/[/URL]

I've been reunited with my DSLR at long last and wanted to share more photos with you here. My pear is a 2.20ct J VS1 set in a platinum bezel. The stone was chosen and custom set by DiamondsbyLauren. This ring is an absolute dream for me! Here she is hanging out with a recent birthday gift from my beautiful mom:

dsc_0495.jpg

As you can see, my mom is always spoiling me. All the while, she never buys anything nice for herself. So, I wanted to get her something special to wear on my upcoming wedding day. When my parents were newlyweds and I was a monster baby, my mom's engagement ring was stolen and she's wouldn't let my dad replace it (because I, the monster baby, demanded much food and many diapers).

I knew that my mom's e-ring was a 1ct round solitaire set in 18k yellow gold. With my dad's blessing, I reached out to David at DBL again and he helped me pick out the best stone for my budget... again! We chose a rather unusual round 1.17ct L SI1. I was a little nervous about the clarity, but I trusted David's opinion of the stone implicitly and knew that my mom loved unique things with character. I also knew that she loved my bezel, so, we decided to go with an 18k yellow gold version of my ring for the setting.

Without further ado, here's the second dream ring David and the DBL team brought to life, hanging out with one of my mom's vintage perfume bottles:

dsc_0498.jpg

Honestly, the first time I saw my mom's ring, I was a little jealous!!! She is such a stunning little firecracker with an old world charm. Completely irresistible and perfect for my mom! Thank you, David and the DBL team!!! And thank you all for reading! More pictures to follow!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are stunning!!!
How sweet of you and your mum to spoil each other. It gives a special meaning to the jewelry pieces.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful...I heart bezels so much!!! You are so sweet to gift your mom a ring ::) . Congratulations, I hope you both enjoy your rings for many years to come!!!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both of the rings are gorgeous, I love the elegant simplicity of the design.
I hope your Mum adores her ring. Wishing you both great joy wearing them.

Q

Queenie60

Both rings are beautiful! I especially like the bezeled pear. :love:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Both rings are beautiful! Congrats!! What a sweet thing to do your mother.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both rings are absolutely beautiful! How wonderful of you do do something so thoughtful and heartfelt for your Mom!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what beautiful, timeless, elegant and wearable rings congrats to you both!!!!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Keats

Rough_Rock
Beautiful, great choices.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and beautiful!!

Good luck for your upcoming wedding too! What band will you have?

Need more pics! Profile shots!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Both rings are very beautiful! :love:

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
LBC you are such a darling! So so so sweet of you to think of your mom for your wedding day. Her bezel is gorgeous and makes a perfect 'pair' with yours :love: :love: :love: :love:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about this post!!! Gorgeous rings, and beautiful relationship with your Mother! Love it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! I would love to see the gallery. Have you given it to your mom yet? What was her reaction?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful and what a wonderful thing to do for your mom! :love:

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Aaaahhhhhh! Divine! We need mother/daughter handshots!!!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful, enjoy!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How thoughtful and sweet of you. I adore them both!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :love: :love: The delicacy of the bezels are astounding! Wear them in good health!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I love bezels :love:. Elegant and safe choice!

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Ah so you're the lucky lady who snatched up that cool looking round! I'm happy to see it set. And how sweet that it's a gift for your mom! Your pear is beautiful too!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for such lovely comments!! In trying to keep my post from becoming a novella, I forgot to talk about my mom's reaction! My dad and I surprised her over morning coffee and she was so shocked that we had to tell her over and over that the ring was for her, not me!! :lol: Coincidentally, it was the day we were due to pick up her wedding outfit from the tailor's, so she got to try on her ring with her suit straight after. She absolutely adores her ring and it looks INCREDIBLE stacked with various gold bands from a set my grandfather gifted her for her wedding! I'll definitely get more pictures for you guys when she and I get fresh manicures. I keep catching her staring at her hand in the sunlight and it is so adorable it hurts my heart!! It makes me think she's probably caught me doing the same more than a few times, too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! both rings are simply perfect.. congratulations on the upcoming wedding and your parents - they raised a wonderful child..

:love: :love: :appl: :appl:

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Tekate, I LOVED reading your story about passing down your AVC! So beautiful, both the diamond and your generosity!

And btw, Fulvia... Is it November yet?!? Dying to see your french-kissed marquise!!!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luckyblackcat|1473018018|4073213 said:

Congratulations to you both! what beautiful rings :love:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely story and gorgeous rings! Love those bezels!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both! :love: what a wonderful way to celebrate with your mom and dad!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results