shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer's Reset - Project Thread

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow.... This is a masterpiece & was worth every single second to get it right!

Cannot wait to see it on you & your thoughts :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.

And THIS is the benefit of choosing a designer like Caysie.

I originally wondered if the straight-sided doughnuts and smooth curvy shank worked together... we talked about that... the blackening and engraving highlights the angular architecture already present, and creates geometry where it didn’t exist before, and the end result is edgy and untamed and just a little forbidding - seems like just what you wanted originally!

God, I love the straight-sided donuts! This ring is really giving me all the 3-stone feels...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I saved that picture and I think I even asked Caysie the size of the stones for proportions!!! It just didn't cross my mind that it was YOURS!!! It's just gorgeous @dreamer_dachsie!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^^ I echo all the excitement above. This ring is EPIC!!! @dreamer_dachsie -- It's arriving any day now, right???

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mm MM Mm!! Love it! I am so excited for you, I hope it rocks your world!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
@dreamer_dachsie Did I miss your SMTB thread? :) Been waiting for the big reveal, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Taylorbug! I don't have a thread! I have been so busy with the start of a new semester. But hopefully... maybe... soon??

I do love it though! And I get compliments every day. It's a sparkle monster.

Caysie did post a video on her IG. It's really zoomed in so it exaggerates the faceting differences between center and sides. In person, I am totally happy with my choice of side stones!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dreamer_dachsie -

I love your ring. Absolutely love it. And I love the proportions of the diamonds in your setting. Can you pls tell me their size and also their color? Thank you!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dreamer_dachsie stunning. Perfection. So happy it’s exactly how you envisioned and wear in good health and blingy joy. XO

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@dreamer_dachsie -

I love your ring. Absolutely love it. And I love the proportions of the diamonds in your setting. Can you pls tell me their size and also their color? Thank you!

Thanks @mrs-b , I feel the same way about your delicious three stone of course.

The center diamond is a 1.89ct Early Ideal Cut (circa 1920s) and it is a K/L color and likely SI1/Si2. I don't have a lab report. I bought the diamond on Ebay in 2012! The diamond is 8.0mm in diameter.

The side stones are each 0.30ct Modern Round Brilliants. One is L VS2 and the other is K SI1, and both are GIA XXX cuts. They are each 4.3mm in diameter.

My ring size is 10.5 :cool2:

@dreamer_dachsie stunning. Perfection. So happy it’s exactly how you envisioned and wear in good health and blingy joy. XO

I am enjoying the blingy joy! I am almost ready to take pictures and will hopefully post a SMTB thread soon.

I also need to get some video of the light show in one of the lecture halls I teach in. The students keep telling me they are blinded by my ring! :lol-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @mrs-b , I feel the same way about your delicious three stone of course.

The center diamond is a 1.89ct Early Ideal Cut (circa 1920s) and it is a K/L color and likely SI1/Si2. I don't have a lab report. I bought the diamond on Ebay in 2012! The diamond is 8.0mm in diameter.

The side stones are each 0.30ct Modern Round Brilliants. One is L VS2 and the other is K SI1, and both are GIA XXX cuts. They are each 4.3mm in diameter.

My ring size is 10.5 :cool2:

Thank you so much for this info! And that ring, with its 3 stones and decorative shank which anybody who was wearing it would want to see, if the perfect design for a 10.5 finger! I'm rally looking forward to it, because I think it's *perfectly* to scale.

Thanks so much for the info. I've been thinking about a K colored 3 stone, and was hoping yours was a K; the color of the stones is utterly perfect for this setting.

Looking forward to hand shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results