shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s little beauty

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Presenting my first anniversary & 30th birthday ring!

The diamond is from Whiteflash:

. Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 0.810
. Depth %: 60.4
. Table %: 56.2
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.2
. Star : 53
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.8
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 6.06-6.07X3.66
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

It scores a 1 on the HCA and falls in both the AGS ideal range and the GIA Excellent.

The setting is the legato sleek line
30.gif
Ring size 5.75. Both rings are 1.8mm wide.

Here's how I felt when I saw it for the first time (I posted it in my other thread):

It's here and it is AMAZING!!!! Everything I hoped for. I finally had "that moment" where you see your ring and fall in looooove
30.gif
. It took a little while, but I finally got here!

Before I opened it I warned hubby that the lighting in our house (it's all incandescent lights) was probably the worst for diamond performance... but when we opened the package we were amazed at how lively and sparkly, and yes, FIREY

29.gif
the stone was! I have literally never seen a diamond like this before. Most other diamonds I have seen just look white, but they don't have fire and they sure don't have any life in regular lighting like I have in my dining room. This little guy looked like a fireball on my finger. Simply amazing. It is mezmerizing, I totally fell in love.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And on top of that it looks completely colorless. We looked at it up against a white piece of paper, couldn't see a hint of color. Seriously, the color grading scheme seems so odd to me when I think that my "J" is six color grades away from a "D"??!!?!

33.gif
That is splitting hairs in my opinion. Maybe in a bigger stone it is more noticable, but I will never buy anything other than J's, I am so amazed.

And finally, let me say that the Legato Sleek Line is probably the most beautiful setting I have seen in my whole life. Pictures CANNOT capture how *delicate* it is!! The prongs are soo teensy tiny, and the shank so thin, and the cathedral is a thin as a hair. Amazing. I finally finally finally have a ring that I completely love!!

Enjoy the pics! They are the best I could do indoors!

dreamerpic01.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quicksilver...

dreamerpic03.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glowing in the dark...

dreamerpic04.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hand shot...

dreamerpic07.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lavender reflecting off the walls in the diamond...

dreamerpic06.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Preciousssss....

dreamerpic08.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The setting...

dreamerpic09.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Side view...

dreamerpic10.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

dreamerpic11.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful head...

dreamerpic13.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me share!
35.gif

dreamerpic12.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
WooHoo! Beautiful stone! Lovely setting!

Congratulations!

Happy that you got what you really wanted!
1.gif

Are you sure that's not an ACA?
10.gif
36.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty!!! More, please... It is a great find and I think your band looks great with it.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
beautiful! and damn you take great photos!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dd!! I''m so excited for you! They ransomed your treasure from customs!! It''s gorgeous, and look at those arrows. Whiteflash did a fabulous setting job. Your band looks absolutely perfect with it too. Congratulations!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
DD!!
It's outstandingly fantastic!
30.gif
Sooooper duper gorgeous!
30.gif

36.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

I'm really happy for you! Enjoy wearing your new precioussss!

eta - I lurrve that last picture!
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer,
It''s a beacon of light, just specatacular. Love the setting too. Congrats. Happy 30th, and happy 1st annivesary. ENJOY. Keep the pics coming please. Which WF setting is that?? Just loving your new stone, arrows galore.
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
WAAAOOOOOOOW!
30.gif
What an incredibly gorgeous set, d_d!!! It''s just an all-around, perfectly delicate, knock-out of a setting with a BEAUTIFUL STONE!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!
30.gif
I am so happy for you! (Because those rings are narrow, I think it would look great for the second anniversary gift to be a 2mm diamond band to wear below the e-ring and you could move the plain band above the e-ring to wear as a ring guard!
9.gif
)

Happy birthday and anniversary, too!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring, gorgeous diamond and awesome pictures - including great arrow shots. Happy anniversary and Happy Birthday!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 8:42:41 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Pretty!!! More, please... It is a great find and I think your band looks great with it.
Ask and ye shall receive... And thanks Cinnamon, without you I wouldn't have even seen this stone! I hope I can help you the same way soon!

dreamerpic17.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flash...

dreamerpic16.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know you''re a PSer when...

dreamerpic15.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 8:41:37 PM
Author: coatimundi
36.gif
WooHoo! Beautiful stone! Lovely setting!

Congratulations!

Happy that you got what you really wanted!
1.gif

Are you sure that''s not an ACA?
10.gif
36.gif
Thanks Coati, you egged me on when I was still thinking of the sapphire three stone (which I am still planning to do
31.gif
). I am so happy with this ring, it is what I have been dreaming of!

And Katie said this stone was cut to be an ACA, she thinks it didn''t make that grade because of the Excellent polish and symmetry... ACA requires Ideal for both. Mwaahh hahah... my gain!

DD

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
WoW! It''s beautiful! BTW, how did the customs process go?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
(LOVE those photos!)
daschie,
Can you tell us which WB you've paired it with? Are they both from the Legato Sleek line? They look WONDERFUL together. Pure, liquid metal on metal
18.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 8:45:28 PM
Author: MikeRato1
beautiful! and damn you take great photos!
Thanks Mike... I just have a little Sony cybershot. The trick is to use the macro setting and wander around the house looking for good lighting and also bending into all sorts of strange positions to get the camera into a good angle. Just ignore any jibes from your family, that is the real key.

DD

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Classic and lovely. Happy 30th birthday and anniversary!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 8:49:24 PM
Author: gemgirl
Oh dd!! I''m so excited for you! They ransomed your treasure from customs!! It''s gorgeous, and look at those arrows. Whiteflash did a fabulous setting job. Your band looks absolutely perfect with it too. Congratulations!
Thanks gemgirl! I did ransom my treasure, it was actually pretty painless, took 48 hours to get it from the time that WF mailed it.

CdnBlingGal... it was a pretty good process. FedEx will call you a day after WF ships it and tell you that you need to sign a form and give them credit card info to pay the taxes (5% GST plus PST for your province, no duties or anything). Then after they get the form it takes about 24 hours to clear customs, they do it all for you. I guess the trick is to be patient, which I am not!
9.gif
I ended up driving to the nearest depot 45 minutes away to pick it up myself because I didn''t want to wait another day for it to be delivered to my house. Really simple. Next time I am going to have it delivered to the nearest US city and pick it up myself and bring it accross the border. I was also relieved to see that WF packs it in a tamper proof package, so customs does NOT open the actual box, and does NOT get their grubby hands all over the precioussss.

DD

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 8:50:39 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
DD!!
It''s outstandingly fantastic!
30.gif
Sooooper duper gorgeous!
30.gif

36.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

I''m really happy for you! Enjoy wearing your new precioussss!

eta - I lurrve that last picture!
3.gif
Thanks Sparcalicious! I love that picture too, notice the new avatar?
9.gif
I can''t wait for a sunny day.. this little puppy has so much fire, I''ve never seen anything like it! Truly amazing.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results