shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s baby ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, call me biased but I LOVE your rings together. They look fab! And I swear that baby of yours is giving me baby fever. He is the cutest little guy. I hope you''re loving your ring - I think you chose an awesome combo there.
emsmile.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it looks SO good! i love the styling of it. how swoopy it is. wow, they did a great job!!

gls

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous baby!!! Wishing you all the best with him and the road ahead. Enjoy the ups and downs that come with being a parent.
Plus I can see how that ring can make the midnight wake ups easier! Its beautiful.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Your baby is adorable!!! He is sooo super cute! You need to start a thread for all his baby pictures
36.gif

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Looks GREAT, Dreamer! Awesome!!

MissChi

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love the ring on baby toe shot! ;-)

I''ve been wanting to get some type of mother''s ring since my son was born and I might just have to save this one as one of my inspirations!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Your baby and the ring are both gorgeous!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 7:32:51 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Arrows in a five-pointer! Notice how the band is a little thicker below the diamonds... this will stop the girdles from rubbing against my solitaire. I also really like how the bezel on the last diamond turned out!
LOVE the setting. And this is just so so smart! Congrats on your new little one (the baby!) and the ring!! TFS

ETA: How big in mm top to bottom is this ring? I see a PSer wants to use it as a stacker. But it looks very substantial to me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful baby and beautiful ring!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your boys is adorable!! And your ring is so beautiful too!!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!! I stopped commenting for awhile to try to be more productive in my life - BUT - I''ve made an exception to come back and say I LOVE LOVE your ring(s)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I missed that this thread was resurrected a couple times since i first posted!

Thanks so much for the compliments April, MTG, snlee, mysterylover, Addy, queenb29, Camille, rhbgirl24!

Jill
I missed your question in August, I was out of town at that time! I love my solitiare and I love my baby ring, but I still do not think that they go together perfectly. For *me* the 0.5mm difference in heights off the finger is just too noticable. Also, I prefer that my rings have different widths, I like the e-ring to be a little thicker than the wedding band. The legato is about 2.3mm and I wear it with a plain golc 2mm band and the look is
30.gif
. But the shared prong band is also about 2.3mm, and because the legato tapers towards the head, to me they do not go well. BUT BUT BUT I love the way the Dream band looks with my e-ring for the bling factor! When I upgrade again I will be getting a new solitaire, and I will possibly do a modification on the solitaire I have to make the band have the same profile as my diamond band. I''m not sure, but that if a year or so off still.

Laila Thanks! How did you miss it?? LOL!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:05:36 PM
Author: katiedid
Dreamer, call me biased but I LOVE your rings together. They look fab! And I swear that baby of yours is giving me baby fever. He is the cutest little guy. I hope you''re loving your ring - I think you chose an awesome combo there.
emsmile.gif
Thanks! I looked at your set a lot in trying to decide what type of band to get to go with my ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 4:19:16 PM
Author: jcrow
it looks SO good! i love the styling of it. how swoopy it is. wow, they did a great job!!
jcrow your set is also a big inspiration for me! You have a larger diamond and smaller diamonds in your half-eternity though. I like that combo a lot! Makes the stone POP!! congrats on your pregnancy too! How truly exciting. You will love being a mother it is just wonderful
face23.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much gls, chiapet, LFVDoll, MissChi, cindygenit, MC, chiquitapet, motown!

And thanks so much for the compliments on my son, he is 7 months old now and such a lovely guy. So sweet, just like his daddy. He is a real magpie too, he looooves my rings and always wants to touch them when my hands are near him!

Stone hunter The ring is 2mm high off the finger where the diamonds are and tapers to 1.6mm thick under the finger, and it is 2.3mm wide where the diamonds are and 2.5mm wide where the gold is. I think it would work really well as a stacker!

If anyone is curious My plan when I have a second child is to make this ring into a full eternity band!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 9:19:22 PM
You can see the height difference here...

It looks perfect!!! Congrats!! Cute baby, your dogs are cute too!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 8:12:04 PM
Wow! I missed that this thread was resurrected a couple times since i first posted!

Thanks so much for the compliments April, MTG, snlee, mysterylover, Addy, queenb29, Camille, rhbgirl24!

Jill
I missed your question in August, I was out of town at that time! I love my solitiare and I love my baby ring, but I still do not think that they go together perfectly. For *me* the 0.5mm difference in heights off the finger is just too noticable. Also, I prefer that my rings have different widths, I like the e-ring to be a little thicker than the wedding band. The legato is about 2.3mm and I wear it with a plain golc 2mm band and the look is
30.gif
. But the shared prong band is also about 2.3mm, and because the legato tapers towards the head, to me they do not go well. BUT BUT BUT I love the way the Dream band looks with my e-ring for the bling factor! When I upgrade again I will be getting a new solitaire, and I will possibly do a modification on the solitaire I have to make the band have the same profile as my diamond band. I''m not sure, but that if a year or so off still.

Laila Thanks! How did you miss it?? LOL!

Dreamer - thanks for your response! I got a new legato solitaire a few weeks ago, and I''m trying to decide what kind of wedding band I would like to go with it. I really like your set, so I was curious how you were feeling about it. Could I bug you for a couple more photos? I''m curious to see the profile view of your rings together - how much higher does your baby ring sit than your ering? I love the legato ring, but because it sits so low and the shank is on the thinner side, it''s hard to find rings to match! Appreciate your response!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
And one more question, do you know how high the ring sits off the finger? Thanks so much!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 12:56:15 PM
Author: jill_s
And one more question, do you know how high the ring sits off the finger? Thanks so much!
I don''t have a photo but I can tell you that the legato is 1.5mm thick and the Dream band is 2.0mm thick (thick = how high off the finger). This *is* a noticable difference, and if you are a stickler for matching heights, then it will bug you
3.gif
It bugs me
19.gif
The BEST match for the legato is a plain half round non-comfort fit band, they sell them on e-weddingband.com. I know this is boring, but it looks like a million bucks. I wear a 2mm one most of the time and add the blingy band when I want some sparkle. But I don''t wear the diamond band everyday in part because I don''t think it matched perfectly. You really can''t find a diamond band that is as low set as the legato. I recommend you go to tiffany''s and try on their .50ct half eternity, or the memoire .50ct. Both are the same height off the finger as the Dream band, 2mm. Make sure the ring you try is the same size as your e-ring, if smaller the height difference will not be as noticable and you won''t get a 100% accurate comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results