shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to a couple of rocks... Need opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jumbo

Rough_Rock
Well, I''m ready to purchase today or tomorrow and would like to know your opinions on the following:

#1 http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/a-cut-above-h-a-cut-diamond-51955.htm
. Report: AGS
. Shape: H&A
. Carat: 1.063
. Color: H
. Clarity: VS2
. Depth %: 60.6
. Table %: 56
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15.5
. Star : 50
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 78
. Girdle: Thin-Faceted
. Measurements: 6.62-6.66X4.02
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible
. HCA: 1.4

#2 http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-52766.htm
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.033
. Color: G
. Clarity: VS1
. Depth %: 61.8
. Table %: 56.5
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.2
. Pavilion Angle: 40.9
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.45-6.48X4.00
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. HCA: 1.8

#3 http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-53023.htm#http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idno=95359
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.022
. Color: G
. Clarity: VS1
. Depth %: 60.4
. Table %: 56
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Pavilion Angle: 40.6
. Pavilion %: 42.8
. Girdle: Thin Faceted
. Measurements: 6.54-6.56X3.96
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. HCA: 0.6

She has VERY good eyes and can spot little defects. So, just to be safe, I chose a VS1/2. What do you experts think? After a few months researching (I''ve never bought a diamond online before) I''m down to these and am hopefully done...
19.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1. VS2 is a good clarity for picky people, and this one faces up biggest. But they''d all be gorgeous!

Jumbo

Rough_Rock
I just took a look at the actual AGS report. On #1, WF had it on their site as a VS2 when it''s actually SI1. With a rock this size, will an SI1 be a big difference between a VS2? Do you think you''ll be able to see it with the naked eye?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 2:10:13 PM
Author: Jumbo
I just took a look at the actual AGS report. On #1, WF had it on their site as a VS2 when it's actually SI1. With a rock this size, will an SI1 be a big difference between a VS2? Do you think you'll be able to see it with the naked eye?
Hmm, you're right. What I would suggest at this point, is call WF. Have them look at it, and tell them you don't want to see anything from any angle at any distance. It may pass the test, you just have to have it looked at. All SI 1's are not created equal.

This should lower the price too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure WF would appreciate it if you call that error to their attention. I am picky and do prefer VS, so I''d have to choose #2.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 2:20:42 PM
Thanks. I''ll call them up today and have them take a look. Also, WF doesn''t have the setting I''m looking for. Bluenile has this: http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=6708&page=2&show_all_pages=0&col=3&row=3&pos=9&set_shape= that I''d really like to get, but unfortunately, they don''t sell the settings alone. Anyone know where I can get something similar? My gf likes the ''antique'' look with pave...
Show it to WF, they do custom work.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like number one the best. It''s probably eye-clean, but I''d ask to make sure. Whiteflash does very nice custom work, I bet they could make you a setting like that no problem.

Jumbo

Rough_Rock
#1 did end up being VS2. The report was wrong and they fixed it in the site. I ended up reserving it and will do the wire x-fer tomorrow. I''d like to thank you all for all the help during this process. It''s been really draining, and if it weren''t for this site, I probably would have ended up at a local dealer with a much lesser quality rock.

28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 8:35:16 PM
#1 did end up being VS2. The report was wrong and they fixed it in the site. I ended up reserving it and will do the wire x-fer tomorrow. I''d like to thank you all for all the help during this process. It''s been really draining, and if it weren''t for this site, I probably would have ended up at a local dealer with a much lesser quality rock.

28.gif
Excellent!
36.gif

You got yourself a great stone there. We''d love to see some pics of the finished product if you get a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results