shape
carat
color
clarity

Doubts about sapphire i received. What should I do?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You gotta love it. If you don't, that's the answer.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2845083F-600C-4A4C-BB23-649DCD59EF37.jpeg D4ABF463-7DE7-4C0C-814C-5FD368A8DE2F.jpeg F90B96DD-ADA2-42FA-A3EA-4A5FB9F05573.jpeg I just have to repost this sapphire. It’s with GemFix. It’s an oval Montana with a green blue colourway but it is magnificent.
THIS is a stunner, this is an amazing gem and if I had any spare dollars (and despite already owning more sapphire than I know what to do with) it would be mine.
The others are also Gemfix.
The rounds, are actually the same diameter as the Mastercut gem but lower carat weight (cheaper) because of nice proportioned underneath.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2845083F-600C-4A4C-BB23-649DCD59EF37.jpeg D4ABF463-7DE7-4C0C-814C-5FD368A8DE2F.jpeg F90B96DD-ADA2-42FA-A3EA-4A5FB9F05573.jpeg I just have to repost this sapphire. It’s with GemFix. It’s an oval Montana with a green blue colourway but it is magnificent.
THIS is a stunner, this is an amazing gem and if I had any spare dollars (and despite already owning more sapphire than I know what to do with) it would be mine.
The others are also Gemfix.
The rounds, are actually the same diameter as the Mastercut gem but lower carat weight (cheaper) because of nice proportioned underneath.

If it makes you feel any better, I am pretty sure gemfix wont ship to Australia for amounts over 1 k. I always find that I can thus casually flick through gemfix admiring it as just pretty eye candy, rather than forbidden fruit which I err really shouldn't be purchasing :dance:.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the posters who suggest involving your fiance in the decision. I don't think expensive jewelry works well as a surprise item. To me, a momentary surprise isn't worth the possibility of wearing something that I really don't like on my hand every day for many years. Asking to exchange the man's choice would be awkward as well. Then again, being surprised may be her wish.

But if she knew the particulars you're learning, perhaps she would rather have a smaller stone with better color, a different shape that appears larger on the finger, a larger sapphire in a color that costs less than the blue or a different type of stone. Preference in setting may vary as well, depending on the stone. I find jewelry preferences very subjective. It's not likely my husband would be able to surprise me with the ring I'd most prefer even if I gave him some general guidelines. But either way, good luck!

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it makes you feel any better, I am pretty sure gemfix wont ship to Australia for amounts over 1 k. I always find that I can thus casually flick through gemfix admiring it as just pretty eye candy, rather than forbidden fruit which I err really shouldn't be purchasing :dance:.
Unfortunately or most fortunately I have a 1st class enabler in the US (xxx to Suz :kiss2:) who is an absolute champion at feeding my bling addiction.
Without her I might be financially richer but oh so Bling poorer.:lol-2:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately or most fortunately I have a 1st class enabler in the US (xxx to Suz :kiss2:) who is an absolute champion at feeding my bling addiction.
Without her I might be financially richer but oh so Bling poorer.:lol-2:

Quickly!! Buy the Montana before @MyPrachaz has a chance at it! Then ship it to me, your friend.:mrgreen2:

Just joking @MyPrachaz. We know where the sapphires are because we spend too much time online admiring them. I'm going to buck the system on yours, cause I like the color. Unfortunately, like the others, I don't think the deep belly is worth what you paid. Have you had a chance to make a decision?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, that made me laugh :lol:.

@Bron357 I stand corrected. You are clearly blessed with the most precious commodity -- good friends :D.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results