shape
carat
color
clarity

Doubting the Dress (Part 2 Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the detail of the first dress. It looks amazing on you!!!!!!! They both do, but #1 is exquisite!

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
I like dress two. It''s more unique and I think it''s more flattering.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
They both look lovely on you and I think that what is so flattering about the Dora is the sweetheart neckline. I wonder how the first one would look with a slight sweetheart? (if that is an option?)

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I can see why you are struggling! I think they are both beautiful. If you are worried about having curves, I think the first dress definitely gives you more curves. How would you describe your wedding? I LOVE the Dora, but it doesn''t really fit a formal evening wedding, in my opinion. To me it says afternoon wedding, or more casual. Dress number two feels a lot more formal to me. I don''t think you can go wrong with either though!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You disappear in #2. If you''re really looking for opinions on which looks best, stick with #1.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ETA-It looks like the Dora gives you more curves on top, but I think that''s because of the sweetheart neckline. I think you could probably have #1 altered a bit to achieve the same effect. Jaders had this amazing dress that had a V split in the front. Not really a Vneck as the dress was strapless, but not a sweetheart neckline. It had the same effect though and was smashing!

Jaders pic example.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I wonder how complicated this would be?

dorasweetchange.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that really helps. I think the other problem with the dress as it is in the pictures is it''s just plain too big for you. Once it''s altered correctly it''ll give you more curves than you know what to do with.

I think it''s stunning though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 is one of the prettiest dresses I''ve seen on here, and it will look gorgeous on you in the right size! I like it 10 times more than the second dress.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote number 1 :)
No offense, but you look kind of waif-like in #2, I think it overpowers you a bit.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 5:40:42 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
#1 is one of the prettiest dresses I''ve seen on here, and it will look gorgeous on you in the right size! I like it 10 times more than the second dress.
I couldn''t agree more.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Starset''s modification is AMAZING

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
i love the second dress! Its personally more my style, but I just think it is simple and stunning and looks great on you.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, when I looked at the first dress I thought "WOW that''s gorgeous!" - but when I looked at the second dress I didn''t really have much of a reaction. I think it''s pretty, but I don''t think it''s nearly as gorgeous as the first dress. I think once the dress is altered to fit you, you''ll realize it DOES show off your curves and if it''s possible to do, I think the modification of the slight sweetheart neckline (like Starset did above) would look even more incredible!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 5:34:48 PM
Author: Starset Princess
I wonder how complicated this would be?
LOVE this! I am changing my vote to dress 1 with a sweetheart neckline!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I am sitting here with my FI and I asked what he thinks...to #1 he said, "wow - she has a rockin'' body" - and to #2, he said "no, number 1 is way better."

Hopefully that''s not too blatant and if so, I am sorry!!! I do have to agree - #1 is SO flattering on you!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
another fan of number 1. It definitely accentuates your curves much more than number 2.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
#1 no question. I like it even better with the sweetheart neckline.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
You look wonderful in #1. I think it makes you look curvier than #2. But really, your figure is great.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The first dress is not only beautiful, it is beautiful on you; you certainly don''t look like a sausage. I think you get a bit lost in the second dress.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely #1. It is gorgeous on you and shows your curves very well.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 2:24:17 PM
Author: Allison D.
I think #1 is much more flattering to your figure; makes you look statuesque and has a GREAT line.

I honestly feel that #2 detracts from your figure instead of adding to it.

THRITTO! OMG you look like a statuesque model in that gown! It accentuates your figure in all the right places and is drop dead gorgeous!
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 2:24:17 PM
Author: Allison D.
I think #1 is much more flattering to your figure; makes you look statuesque and has a GREAT line.

I honestly feel that #2 detracts from your figure instead of adding to it.
Ditto. Every last word.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

I can''t believe that I am actually going to say this but...I am soooooooo over the Dora. I love Melissa Sweet (I own two) however, I have seen the Dora on tons of wedding blogs and photographers blogs in the last two years. I just don''t think its that unique anymore.

That being said, both dresses look amazing on you but I perfer #1.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I''m really surprised! I thought for sure that everyone would like the Dora best. In person, it seemed to be so flattering and I felt so comfortable. (I will admit I was braless in the gown and there isn''t much up there to begin with, so that''s probably why I looked so flat chested.) My Maid of Honor actually cried because she loved it so much.

After reading all of the responses, I''ve decided to take more photos in the first gown tomorrow. I''ve already paid for the gown. I really can''t see why I shouldn''t be allowed to take a few more photos. I will ask if it is possible to do the sweetheart neckline on my original gown. Although, they might not know, because they don''t have alterations on site. (Thank You Starset Princess for your photoshop skills! I didn''t even consider this!)

My FI loves all of you right now, btw.
2.gif

My wedding venue is a victorian mansion up in the foothills. It will be an outdoor, evening wedding. It is true that the original gown is probably more fitting to the venue and to the time of day.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments and the honest input. You all are so supportive! I really love this place for that. It''s funny to think that I discovered this place while trying to learn about diamonds and found so much more.

At any rate, I will post more photos tomorrow after my visit to the bridal shop...if you care to see them. Thanks again to everyone for your help!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hi House Cat.

I just wanted to say that i liked both of your dress choices and would have chosen the one that suited your wedding theme the best.
emsmile.gif

oh, and #1 really does rock!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Dress 1 looks fabulous on you. Dress 2 looks like it''s wearing you.

Don''t doubt your original choice. You look fabulous!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think if you want shape, #1 is definitely the way to go over #2. You got it all wrong -- you''re the opposite of a shapeless sausage in that dress. It''s lovely.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 1:10:18 AM
Author: House Cat
Wow, I''m really surprised! I thought for sure that everyone would like the Dora best. In person, it seemed to be so flattering and I felt so comfortable. (I will admit I was braless in the gown and there isn''t much up there to begin with, so that''s probably why I looked so flat chested.) My Maid of Honor actually cried because she loved it so much.

After reading all of the responses, I''ve decided to take more photos in the first gown tomorrow. I''ve already paid for the gown. I really can''t see why I shouldn''t be allowed to take a few more photos. I will ask if it is possible to do the sweetheart neckline on my original gown. Although, they might not know, because they don''t have alterations on site. (Thank You Starset Princess for your photoshop skills! I didn''t even consider this!)

My FI loves all of you right now, btw.
2.gif

My wedding venue is a victorian mansion up in the foothills. It will be an outdoor, evening wedding. It is true that the original gown is probably more fitting to the venue and to the time of day.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments and the honest input. You all are so supportive! I really love this place for that. It''s funny to think that I discovered this place while trying to learn about diamonds and found so much more.

At any rate, I will post more photos tomorrow after my visit to the bridal shop...if you care to see them. Thanks again to everyone for your help!
Of course we do!!!
And, btw, dress #1 looks amazing on you. I really think your original choice was the right one!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Personally i like your original gown on you better. I think its more flattering and very very pretty. I like the 2nd too but i think in 20-30 yrs that "style" will be outdated. Kind of the the dresses from the 80''s are outdated now. But the original dress is classic, elegant and can stand the test of time.

Ultimately, what matters is how you feel in each dress. But i would say stick with number 1`. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results