shape
carat
color
clarity

Double Halos any photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been wanting to turn my oval ering into a pendant using Aquas.

Dianne''s post about halos got me thinking that I could halo my ering oval with 1pt diamonds then do a 2nd halo of Aquas and turn it into a pendant. I did a search on double halos and came up with these earrings that Jelly posted.

What do you all think? Did Jelly get a double halo? Does anyone have any photos? THANKS

doublehalo.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 5:28:16 PM
Author:Stone Hunter

Dianne''s post about halos got me thinking that I could halo my ering oval with 1pt diamonds then do a 2nd halo of Aquas and turn it into a pendant. I did a search on double halos and came up with these earrings that Jelly posted.

What do you all think? Did Jelly get a double halo? Does anyone have any photos? THANKS
She didn''t end up getting double halo - instead, she got a single halo and pave around the sides of her pendant.

I think that aquas aren''t good candidates for halo stones because at that small size, they will look almost void of any color.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

OH OH OH OH yay!!! and of course it is *you* hehe um... I guess you have no idea what I''m talking about LOL I''ve been wanting to see someone do a diamond pendant in aquas or other light blue stones for so long and I''m so excited I''ll get to see it!!!!!!! I think that would be awesome!!! You could do both halos in smooth settings... but it might be kind of fun if the line between diamond and aqua was a bit broken up kinda like that HOF ring I posted for gypsy - if it could be done without being snaggy... I still think of it like a puffy white cloud in the bright blue sky hehehe If my green stone turns out to be an emerald I''ll have to find out any secret emerald fantasies you have LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 6:37:37 PM
Author: aljdewey

She didn''t end up getting double halo - instead, she got a single halo and pave around the sides of her pendant.

I think that aquas aren''t good candidates for halo stones because at that small size, they will look almost void of any color.
I''ve been told that as well but aqua does come in different shades, and at least in my head the charm of the very light blue around the diamond is that it is very light... but if the aforementioned stone I have is an emerald I would consider putting it in a dark aqua halo - keep it in the beryl family. I dunno how hard it might be to find aqua melee or to have it cut though...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I did not find any, so as usual just made up one.
I agree with Cehra though they will be lighter probably in this size.

DoubleAquaHalo.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2007 7:18:17 PM
Author: Pricescope
I did not find any, so as usual just made up one.
I agree with Cehra though they will be lighter probably in this size.
THANKS I can''t believe you photoshopped something for me!

My ering diamond is an oval though. Does anyone have any photos of Oval double halos?

As for the Aquas both my kids were born in March and I LOVE blue and white together. I was thinking of darker Aquas not the clear ones I see at Maul stores.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like the "inner halo" to be diamonds then the "outer halo" to be Aquas. Dianne''s thread pointed out that 1pt halo would add 3mm to a stone!!! So I''m looking to do that and to add Aquas to it.

Cehra -- you are so optimistic about this idea. I just came up with the halo today but I''ve been thinking about the Aquas and Diamond pendant since before I got my Anniversary ring. So it may take some time to put together. LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 7:32:25 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
I would like the 'inner halo' to be diamonds then the 'outer halo' to be Aquas. Dianne's thread pointed out that 1pt halo would add 3mm to a stone!!! So I'm looking to do that and to add Aquas to it.

Cehra -- you are so optimistic about this idea. I just came up with the halo today but I've been thinking about the Aquas and Diamond pendant since before I got my Anniversary ring. So it may take some time to put together. LOL
haha I came up with it months ago - I even sent out a public plea for someone to do it!! hehehe The plea was in another thread where someone was talking about doing a pendant and I went on and on about a diamond as a cloud in the sky haha - but I did make this thread about it and toward the bottom is an OVAL stone with a double halo - the inner one diamond and the outer one tsav - but still... be much easier to photoshop THIS ring than to start from scratch!!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gemstone-halos.50371/
now, you're thinking inner halo is diamond and outer halo is aqua? yes I am optimistic and excited! I hope you do it!!

ETA here's the ring It isn't a white oval or a light blue outer halo but..... :D And I like you too much to attempt to photoslash this picture for you LOL!!!
rcc201211_b_l.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2007 7:57:30 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 2/19/2007 7:32:25 PM
I would like the ''inner halo'' to be diamonds then the ''outer halo'' to be Aquas. Dianne''s thread pointed out that 1pt halo would add 3mm to a stone!!! So I''m looking to do that and to add Aquas to it.

Cehra -- you are so optimistic about this idea. I just came up with the halo today but I''ve been thinking about the Aquas and Diamond pendant since before I got my Anniversary ring. So it may take some time to put together. LOL
haha I came up with it months ago - I even sent out a public plea for someone to do it!! hehehe The plea was in another thread where someone was talking about doing a pendant and I went on and on about a diamond as a cloud in the sky haha - but I did make this thread about it and toward the bottom is an OVAL stone with a double halo - the inner one diamond and the outer one tsav - but still... be much easier to photoshop THIS ring than to start from scratch!!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gemstone-halos.50371/
now, you''re thinking inner halo is diamond and outer halo is aqua? yes I am optimistic and excited! I hope you do it!!

ETA here''s the ring It isn''t a white oval or a light blue outer halo but..... :D And I like you too much to attempt to photoslash this picture for you LOL!!!
rcc201211_b_l.jpg
OK this is getting weird. You were thinking about Aquas and double haloing an oval diamond MONTHS ago? I admit the Aqua and Oval pendant thing started back in maybe April ''06 but the double halo I just got after reading Dianne''s thread today.

My oval is much much much smaller than that and I think I want bezel instead of prongs. But it looks pretty good, becoming a real possibility in my mind.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Admin posted this in an old thread. The center diamond is small and they thought 1pt halo stones would overwhelm it unless they left a space around it. What do you all think? Does this enlarge the center diamond? Then outside the diamond halo I would want the 2nd halo.

halowspace.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 8:19:52 PM
Admin posted this in an old thread. The center diamond is small and they thought 1pt halo stones would overwhelm it unless they left a space around it. What do you all think? Does this enlarge the center diamond? Then outside the diamond halo I would want the 2nd halo.
hmm... I think if you''re trying to make the center diamond look bigger then *overwhelming* it is the point right? LOL I personally like tiny diamonds around a diamond and then you could do larger aquas around the whole thing... from further away it would definitely look like the diamond is just one bigger diamond with the halo tight like that - I think introducing airlines can be a nice effect but it loses something in the illusion aspect of it IMO.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By doing a halo search on PS I got to see Jelly''s halo. Very very nice. Thread is closed though. She has 1pt halo and then stones on the side of the pendant too. I like it. She saved money by going with an Adwar setting.

Right now I still want something like the earrings I posted and the pendants that Admin and Cehra posted.

If anyone has anymore photos please post them. I''m off searching PS.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful idea! I think you would want to stay with the darker Aquas just so the color would be noticeable. How would you feel about a topaz color...too vivid? And the double halo will add a lot of size so you would have an incredible pendant. If you do this you MUST post pics!

I''m loving the ring that Cehr posted, too! My problem is I love it all!!
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2007 10:36:39 PM
Author: dianne
What a beautiful idea! I think you would want to stay with the darker Aquas just so the color would be noticeable. How would you feel about a topaz color...too vivid? And the double halo will add a lot of size so you would have an incredible pendant. If you do this you MUST post pics!

I''m loving the ring that Cehr posted, too! My problem is I love it all!!
31.gif
Yes darker Aquas. As long as they were Aquas a topaz color would be fine.

I would want to wear it every day though. Do you think it would be too sizable? I should go check the size of the diamond let''s say 4 by 6 so it becomes 10 by 12 mm. Did I do the math right? Of course the diamond would be 7 by 9 which would be a very nice size. Maybe I should use 1/2 pters?

This is hard to visualize. Those numbers don''t seem right.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 10:46:35 PM
Yes darker Aquas. As long as they were Aquas a topaz color would be fine.
That''s the thing, though. 1-point aquas won''t likely be a topaz color.

I wanted .25 aqua sides in my ering, and the concern from the designer was the blue would wash out in such a small stone.

Going to 1-pointers for halo? I don''t see how aquas will show any blue at that size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results