shape
carat
color
clarity

does your wedding have a theme (not just color)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
well... we didn''t really have a set theme but if i had to pick one i would say french country... our wedding was in a french restaurant and we played a lot of classic french songs, and our ceremony was also bilingual as we had a lot of french guests...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 1:16:02 PM
Author: ficklefaye

Date: 8/6/2009 7:45:59 AM
Author: charbie
i have an apple orachard theme! invites had apple trees, centerpieces have branches and apples, carmel apples as favors, lots of apple red and granny smith green.
wow charbie, that''s pretty cool, is there a reason you picked this theme?
honestly, i thought of the carmel apples as the favors first, and it all just began falling into place. i always think of apples in the fall, love them. i''m kind of "earthy" and love the outdoors, so i wanted to incorporate that a bit. plus the whole adam+eve and the apple thing :) - it just seemed "fall wedding" to me.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I had a theme, but I doubt anyone really noticed it was more than just pretty decor. We chose one of my favorite scriptures to read during the ceremony - John 15 - which talks about being connected to the true vine, being fruitful because you are connected to the love of Christ, and loving one another. I incorporated vines into all the centerpieces at the reception. I put circles of moss down with a vine wreath decorated with flowers. Then in the middle were either vases filled with limes, hydrangeas and curly willow, or flat bowls filled with floating candles and a floating rose. Guests took their table cards froma vine wreath with flowers on it when they walked into the reception. There were vine "cones" filled with hydrangeas on the church pews, and a sort of loose unstructured look to my floral arrangements with curly willow and vine. I doubt anyone knows I chose the flowering branches on my invitations or the centerpieces or had vine wreaths to match my scripture, but my fiance was impressed when I told him that was my inspiration:)

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 12:13:04 AM
Author: Guilty Pleasure
I had a theme, but I doubt anyone really noticed it was more than just pretty decor. We chose one of my favorite scriptures to read during the ceremony - John 15 - which talks about being connected to the true vine, being fruitful because you are connected to the love of Christ, and loving one another. I incorporated vines into all the centerpieces at the reception. I put circles of moss down with a vine wreath decorated with flowers. Then in the middle were either vases filled with limes, hydrangeas and curly willow, or flat bowls filled with floating candles and a floating rose. Guests took their table cards froma vine wreath with flowers on it when they walked into the reception. There were vine ''cones'' filled with hydrangeas on the church pews, and a sort of loose unstructured look to my floral arrangements with curly willow and vine. I doubt anyone knows I chose the flowering branches on my invitations or the centerpieces or had vine wreaths to match my scripture, but my fiance was impressed when I told him that was my inspiration:)
wow, gp, i''m also impressed at how you incorporated elements of your favorite scripture, it sounds quite beautiful

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
We are having a nautical theme, so to speak, We are trying to keep it ''lightly'' nautical, we definitely don''t want beachy, nor do we want pirates. our venue is on the lawn of a mansion directly on the water.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 2:30:53 PM
Author: girlface
We are having a nautical theme, so to speak, We are trying to keep it ''lightly'' nautical, we definitely don''t want beachy, nor do we want pirates. our venue is on the lawn of a mansion directly on the water.
sorry, but i had a bit of a laugh over this one. hehe.

but a wedding near the water sounds beautiful
1.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ficklefaye!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results