shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your husband wear his wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
DH always wears his, except in the shower and runs it through the US once a week :)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
DH loves his wedding band. Ours match (both thin platinum bands) and neither of us ever takes ours off. Sometimes we hold our hands together and say "look! we''re same-ys!" ... you know because at heart we''re 9 years old.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears his all the time; the only time he takes it off is to shower (soap kept getting underneath and causing skin to peel).

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
24/7 which is why he switched from his diamond band to a tunsten band.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
No he doesn''t wear his all the time but neither do I. We are both artists and both super active. There are certain things that are not very safe to do in a ring as far as tools and machinery go. And with work gloves on you can''t see it anyways. Even when not using the power tools stuff can get covered in paint so we avoid wearing when painting too. Neither one of us likes to wear rings while cooking or fixing up stuff around the house either, or while doing sports activities. Because our lifestyles are not very ring safe we have joked about getting tattoos on that finger but we are not really going to do it. We always wear it when we are out doing errands, or on a night out etc. So the answer is no-if doing anything that could cause hurt to us or the ring. If I get something fancier than my silver band in the future I will baby it and set it somewhere in a box so I can see it while I work during the course of my day. Or maybe a screensaver or a picture of it or something. But he always has a wedding band on in his heart and so do I.
1.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Mine wears his except for sleeping, playing sports/exercising, cooking, cleaning house, or being in water. Of course, I take mine off for all of those things too. Neither of us can sleep in jewelry, and it''s not comfortable to exercise in it, and we''re both took afraid to get them lost in water. I don''t like to cook and clean in mine b/c it dirties them up, and he''s adopted my same habit of taking his ring off for those tasks. I actually think he may wear his more than I wear mine.

Abril

Shiny_Rock
He hardly ever wears his, but we work together so it doesn''t matter to me. Then again, I don''t wear my e-ring or w-band either, but I keep them close to me. We only wear our rings on special occasions.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:20:16 PM
Author: Independent Gal
DH loves his wedding band. Ours match (both thin platinum bands) and neither of us ever takes ours off. Sometimes we hold our hands together and say ''look! we''re same-ys!'' ... you know because at heart we''re 9 years old.
I had to laugh, ''cause DH will often admire his ring and my rings and get all goofy about them.
9.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 7:30:47 PM
Author:NewEnglandLady
Growing up, I never saw my father take off his wedding band. In fact, I don''t know if it even comes off anymore! My father is a farmer and often works on machinary--I''ve urged him to take off his ring when he''s working on a tractor for safety reasons, but he''ll have none of it. My mom is the same way--they both have very simple, thin gold bands (farmers are poor) that are worn within an inch of their lives!

My FIL has never worn his wedding band--he said he took it off the minute they left city hall and hasn''t worn it since. What can I say, the man doesn''t like any jewelry.

When we were shopping for D''s wedding band I asked him if he was going to wear it or if it was just for the ceremony--I didn''t want to spend a ton on a platinum band if it was going to be on his hand for 15 minutes and never see daylight again. He said he didn''t think he''d wear a ring, but he wanted platinum, anyway, so we''d have matching bands. Of course. I didn''t really think twice about it--I didn''t care if he wore it or not.

Strangely enough, though, he''s very attached to his ring. He doesn''t wear it if he''s on a mountaineering expedition and neither of us wear them when we are rock climbing, but he says that he feels naked without it and prefers wearing it to not wearing it.

So I''m curious--for the men, do you all wear your rings? And for the women, do your husbands wear their wedding band all the time? None of the time? Sometimes?
Hi NE - Yay for mountaineers and rock climbers!!!!!

We climb too! No we don''t take any of the jewelry on our epics.

Yes, DH wears his daily although I too am worried that he might lose his finger in a freak accident as he works w/ machinery.

When I get my rings clean it''s cute b/c he wants his cleaned too.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH took his off after we got back from the honeymoon, and has probably worn it 2 or 3 times since, if we are at a wedding or out for dinner. In all honesty, it drives him nuts! He hates even wearing a watch. I bought him a silver chain because he decided he wanted to wear his ring on a chain around his neck - and as he put it - close to his heart.

20.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
mine wears his 24/7 unless he''s doing heavy work in the yard or house where it could get dinged up.

I love that....I am actually the one who gets busted for taking mine off. I am an obsessive u/s cleaner freak, so I have a tendency to forget its in the u/s machine and leave the house. durrrr...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:20:16 PM
Author: Independent Gal
DH loves his wedding band. Ours match (both thin platinum bands) and neither of us ever takes ours off. Sometimes we hold our hands together and say ''look! we''re same-ys!'' ... you know because at heart we''re 9 years old.

awwww....too freakin'' cute!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
He does wear it and I never thought he would.

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Dh has a wide platinum band and has only taken off a few times in the almost 9 years we''ve been married! He has a hard time getting it on and off, so I think it''s easier for him to just keep it on 24/7.

I''m pretty sure my dad wears his thin gold wedding band all the time. He is a West Point grad and on certain occasions will also wear his class ring. It''s huge and I remember getting hit on the head with it (accidentally) when I was growing up!
1.gif
My mom wears her West Point miniature, her gold wedding band and her gold eternity band 24/7. She also wears her Cartier trinity band (RHR) 24/7 !!!
23.gif

Lynnchee

Shiny_Rock
We''re not married yet, but we plan on getting wellendorff rings as non-traditional wedding bands. We''re planning on a 2 or 3 year engagement. He doesn''t own any jewelry at all and is extremely excited about getting his wedding band. He says he plans on wearing it all the time.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results