shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Tiffany ever have "sales"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamgirl, you must know the answer to this!

I''ve heard something about an annual fall sale? Is this for all the Tif stores, or just NYC? If it''s even true...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of any of the high-end stores having sales.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No, never.
7.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
(Of course I do!
27.gif
) lol

Nope. They never do. I even had the *balls* to ask a SA that question years and years ago why they never had sales. She told me because it would ruin the image of Tiffany if they had sales because they need to uphold their reputation of being a good jeweler. If they had sales, then it would lessen the quality of the product.

But with the economy these days....and selling some/few SI1 diamonds...who knows, that might change.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
No but they have started offering a lower clarity of stone in their rings, SI I believe which they never carried before. The also introduced multiple stone engagement rings into their engagement section - I''m not sure of the technical word but theyre the trick of the eye rings where 4 stones are placed to look like one larger stone.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Actually, one of my mom's friend went to Tiffany in my area during Xmas to purchase her w-band and they had 20% one day sale!! Unfortunately I was on vacation and out of town at the time...
15.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Our T&Co would not even negotiate the price when we bought the e-ring. Didn''t think they would but SO thought he would ask anyway, given the state of the economy.
40.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:33:41 PM
Author: grapegravity
Actually, one of my mom's friend went to Tiffany in my area during Xmas to purchase her w-band and they had 20% one day sale!! Unfortunately I was on vacation and out of town at the time...
15.gif
Whaaaaaaaaat? How did I miss this? Are you sure about that? lol That doesn't sound right... I know I was invited to an 'event' they were having before Christmas but it didn't mention a sale. (I mean, I'm not questioning you or anything...)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
If this snowstorm doesnt hit on Sat, FF and I are going to Tiffs.

I''ll keep my fingers crossed for a sale.
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:40:21 PM
Author: elledizzy5
You bad girl! Howcome you didn''t tell me this? lol
11.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:33:09 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
No but they have started offering a lower clarity of stone in their rings, SI I believe which they never carried before. The also introduced multiple stone engagement rings into their engagement section - I''m not sure of the technical word but theyre the trick of the eye rings where 4 stones are placed to look like one larger stone.

Oh no they diin''t
*said with attitude and finger waving*

Did they really start carrying these rings? I can''t think of what they''re called right now, but I know they''re a bad idea for the stones and often chip.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:41:40 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

11.gif
I didn''t tell FF yet. HA! I figured he should know first. Oops.

We are heading out to an area about an hour away from us for a friends birthday on Sat night. There is a mall about 5 minutes from her that has a Tiffs, and I figured we could stop in.

Plus, I think we''ll stop at the jeweler that we''re getting my setting from, since it''s near there too

Again... FF doesn''t know yet.
11.gif
Perhaps I shall inform him this evening.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I knew it sounded too good to be true! LOL ...a surprise 20% off day, though...can you imagine walking in just to peruse only to find out it''s your completely lucky day?!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:48:16 PM

Date: 2/20/2009 12:41:40 PM

11.gif
I didn''t tell FF yet. HA! I figured he should know first. Oops.

We are heading out to an area about an hour away from us for a friends birthday on Sat night. There is a mall about 5 minutes from her that has a Tiffs, and I figured we could stop in.

Plus, I think we''ll stop at the jeweler that we''re getting my setting from, since it''s near there too

Again... FF doesn''t know yet.
11.gif
Perhaps I shall inform him this evening.
OOOOH you AREEE bad!
27.gif
31.gif
ummm....I''d tell him TOMORROW
11.gif
lol

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/20/2009 12:33:09 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3

Oh, like a quad-set! Very cool. :)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 1:02:45 PM
Author: Still_Waiting
Thanks everyone. I knew it sounded too good to be true! LOL ...a surprise 20% off day, though...can you imagine walking in just to peruse only to find out it's your completely lucky day?!
I don't mean to be rude, I really don't....but I honestly don't think that happened....(maybe a misunderstanding by the 'mom's friend' or something) I could be wrong, but I've NEVER heard of them doing this before.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:15:27 PM

Thanks everyone. I knew it sounded too good to be true! LOL ...a surprise 20% off day, though...can you imagine walking in just to peruse only to find out it''s your completely lucky day?!
I don''t mean to be rude, I really don''t....but I honestly don''t think that happened....(maybe a misunderstanding by the ''mom''s friend'' or something) I could be wrong, but I''ve NEVER heard of them doing this before.
LOL. I was waiting for this post. I knew you couldn''t hold in your disbelief much longer!

DG and her Tiffanys!!
2.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock

I don''t mean to be rude, I really don''t....but I honestly don''t think that happened....(maybe a misunderstanding by the ''mom''s friend'' or something) I could be wrong, but I''ve NEVER heard of them doing this before.
C''mon now! Let us at least dream it possible!?!
2.gif
LOL

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:39:10 PM

15.gif
Whaaaaaaaaat? How did I miss this? Are you sure about that? lol That doesn't sound right... I know I was invited to an 'event' they were having before Christmas but it didn't mention a sale. (I mean, I'm not questioning you or anything...)
yup, because she was showing my mom her Tiffany w-band that she got that day with 20% off and she knew how much I love Tiffany's so she told my mom that too bad I was out of town otheriwse I'll go insane!!
31.gif

She told my mom that there was A LOT of people there that day at Tiffany counter.... My town only has a Tiffany within Holt Renfrew so it's not an actual Tiffany store that had the sale...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:30:12 PM

LOL. I was waiting for this post. I knew you couldn''t hold in your disbelief much longer!

DG and her Tiffanys!!
2.gif
lol Were you really..........?
27.gif
It was eating away at me, I couldn''t resist any longer
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:13:03 PM

Date: 2/20/2009 2:30:12 PM

DG and her Tiffanys!!
2.gif
lol Were you really..........?
27.gif
It was eating away at me, I couldn''t resist any longer
2.gif
I was! I sensed it. I could tell you were holding back in the first questioning post you made. I knew if the discussion went any further, you''d erupt!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:21:10 PM
I was! I sensed it. I could tell you were holding back in the first questioning post you made. I knew if the discussion went any further, you''d erupt!
hehe
27.gif
you know me ALL TOO well!
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:50:29 PM

Date: 2/20/2009 3:21:10 PM
hehe
27.gif
you know me ALL TOO well!
3.gif
It''s my INFJ personality. I sense things!
27.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:49:34 PM

Actually, one of my mom''s friend went to Tiffany in my area during Xmas to purchase her w-band and they had 20% one day sale!! Unfortunately I was on vacation and out of town at the time...
15.gif
Whaaaaaaaaat? How did I miss this? Are you sure about that? lol That doesn''t sound right... I know I was invited to an ''event'' they were having before Christmas but it didn''t mention a sale. (I mean, I''m not questioning you or anything...)
yup, because she was showing my mom her Tiffany w-band that she got that day with 20% off and she knew how much I love Tiffany''s so she told my mom that too bad I was out of town otheriwse I''ll go insane!!
31.gif

She told my mom that there was A LOT of people there that day at Tiffany counter.... My town only has a Tiffany within Holt Renfrew so it''s not an actual Tiffany store that had the sale...
Do you think she could have just said there was 20% off? I know with my BFs dad we have to fudge numbers.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:56:44 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Actually, one of my mom''s friend went to Tiffany in my area during Xmas to purchase her w-band and they had 20% one day sale!! Unfortunately I was on vacation and out of town at the time...
15.gif
Whaaaaaaaaat? How did I miss this? Are you sure about that? lol That doesn''t sound right... I know I was invited to an ''event'' they were having before Christmas but it didn''t mention a sale. (I mean, I''m not questioning you or anything...)
yup, because she was showing my mom her Tiffany w-band that she got that day with 20% off and she knew how much I love Tiffany''s so she told my mom that too bad I was out of town otheriwse I''ll go insane!!
31.gif

She told my mom that there was A LOT of people there that day at Tiffany counter.... My town only has a Tiffany within Holt Renfrew so it''s not an actual Tiffany store that had the sale...
Do you think she could have just said there was 20% off? I know with my BFs dad we have to fudge numbers.
I''m not sure, because I told my mom that there''s NO WAY that Tiffany had a sale as soon as she told me about it..

But my mom said that she is sure that her friend told her that "Tiffany had a one-day-only 20% off sale event at our local Tiffany counter in Holt Renfrew" and that''s when her friend got her w-band...
20.gif

Oh well, if it happens again sometime this year (and I will definitely be there!), I will let you gals know about it!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 4:42:33 PM

15.gif
31.gif

I''m not sure, because I told my mom that there''s NO WAY that Tiffany had a sale as soon as she told me about it..

But my mom said that she is sure that her friend told her that ''Tiffany had a one-day-only 20% off sale event at our local Tiffany counter in Holt Renfrew'' and that''s when her friend got her w-band...
20.gif

Oh well, if it happens again sometime this year (and I will definitely be there!), I will let you gals know about it!
There are Tiffany counters in Holts?!?
6.gif
Who knew?? grapregravity, where are you located? Somewhere on the west coast, right?

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 4:46:03 PM
Author: sammyj

Date: 2/20/2009 4:42:33 PM

15.gif
31.gif

But my mom said that she is sure that her friend told her that ''Tiffany had a one-day-only 20% off sale event at our local Tiffany counter in Holt Renfrew'' and that''s when her friend got her w-band...
20.gif

6.gif
Who knew?? grapregravity, where are you located? Somewhere on the west coast, right?
I''m in Calgary~~~
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 4:53:46 PM

6.gif
I''m in Calgary~~~
1.gif
I thought so (not to sound like a stalker or anything...)! That''s so odd. I''m just outside of Toronto and there aren''t Tiffany counters in any of the Holts (there are 3 locations)...at least I''ve never noticed them and I
30.gif
Holts!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 4:57:30 PM

6.gif
I'm in Calgary~~~
1.gif
I thought so (not to sound like a stalker or anything...)! That's so odd. I'm just outside of Toronto and there aren't Tiffany counters in any of the Holts (there are 3 locations)...at least I've never noticed them and I
30.gif
Holts!
There's also a Tiffany counter in Vancouver's Holts and when I was there in 2006, Tiffany has opened a new store right beside that Holts...
1.gif

I love Holts too.. and actually my office located right next to it so I can go over there during lunch to see some goodies

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 5:04:06 PM

Date: 2/20/2009 4:57:30 PM

6.gif
I''m in Calgary~~~
1.gif
I thought so (not to sound like a stalker or anything...)! That''s so odd. I''m just outside of Toronto and there aren''t Tiffany counters in any of the Holts (there are 3 locations)...at least I''ve never noticed them and I
30.gif
Holts!
There''s also a Tiffany counter in Vancouver''s Holts and when I was there in 2006, Tiffany has opened a new store right beside that Holts...
1.gif

I love Holts too.. and actually my office located right next to it so I can go over there during lunch to see some goodies
**Sorry for the threadjack ladies but it''s still a little T&Co related*

I just looked it up and there are Tiffany counters in Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal and Ottawa. Is there are stand-alone T&Co store in Calgary? If not, that''s probably why there''s the counter instead.

Back to the sale topic...I guess it was a department store sale but I''m shocked as well that Tiffany items weren''t excluded. Congratulate your friend on her find!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results