shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this sound like a good diamond????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gutzy333

Rough_Rock
Hi There

We looking at purchasing a diamond that has the following details:

Round Brilliant
1.6 Carat
I Colour
VS1 Clarity

Measurements are: 7.48 - 7.58 x 4.61mm

Proportions:

Depth 61.2%

Table 61%

Cutlet None

Girdle Thin to thick, faceted

Finish

Polish Very Good

Symmetry Good

Fluro None

This also comes with a GIA Certificate.

From someone who is more technically sound on these things than I am - is this a good diamond? I sort of didn''t want to go lower that a G Colour - so I guess I want to know how this will show up once it is set.

I''m looking to have it set in Platinum in the traditional ''Tiffany Solataire Setting''

Anyone''s expert opinon is DEFINITELy welcome.

Thank you in advance for you advice

Stef
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

Firstly, most of us aren't experts or in the industry, just informed consumers hopefully! You can tell who the experts are quite easily by their info and details on their posts.
1.gif
This diamond might be what is called a 'nice make' or a good cut and be very attractive, the proportions could be tighter though, the table is quite large, however it is just out of the realm of a 60 60 stone which has many fans. We would need the crown and pavillion angles to be able to judge this diamond better. There is quite a variance with the girdle too being thin to thick. My opinion is if you want a nice make which could look very attractive, this might be a good choice, crown and pav angle depending. But if you want a superbly crafted and performing ' Superideal' then this isn't the one, it is a case of what matters to you most. If you have seen this diamond and love it, that is the most important thing, we have to use numbers for the most part here as they are a large part of what we have to go on, but sometimes the beauty and magic of a diamond can't be totally explained by the numbers - if you love it then that might be your rock! Diamonds usually look whiter when set, an I is where some may begin to detect a hint of warmth according to the industry, but many have I J and even K colour which look extremely white, you may notice a slight warmth from the sides, but in my opinion an I is a good choice to maximise bang for the buck!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
the table is too big. try again.

gutzy333

Rough_Rock
what does it mean if the table is too big?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

wimpwgn

Rough_Rock
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/tablesize.asp

edit:

Ellen, you beat me to it. LOL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2006 7:36:20 PM
Author: wimpwgn
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/tablesize.asp

edit:

Ellen, you beat me to it. LOL
lol Wish I could be so attentive to all the things that really need done.
9.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
less proportion sets that are good with a 61 table than a...56 table, so without knowing more info, less chance it falls into the zone.

gutzy333

Rough_Rock
thank you for this information!!
emsmile.gif
I really really appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results