shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this sapphire have an acceptable window?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I personally like the color. The fact that its got a window will be something only you'll know if you find tolerable or not. Certainly I'm a color whore first and foremost though....lol Still with that, there are things I just won't tolerate, unless the material happens to be dead on rare and I know I wouldn't ever be able to get it at any price that wouldn't send me into a tailspin.
Thank you @Arcadian I just hope it doesn’t have a window large enough to drive a truck through! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
First I was disappointed and then thrilled. Yay!! He is a saint!! Can’t wait to see it. Love the color!

Thank you @Slick1! I reread your earlier post where you said it shimmered like the sea..That’s a lovely description!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will be gorgeous and love the color. Can’t wait to see it!
Thank you @rcjtraveler! I don’t usually like rich blues in a ring..but I love the touch of lavender. I just hope I at least like it a lot! Haha

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wonderful congrats!!! Very pretty sapphie, totally my kind of color! Hope we get to see lots of pix soon!!! :))) I collect unheated sapphires, different colors but I very much prefer a Cornflower Blue or lighter with preferably a bit of violet. Very subjective but hope you will enjoy it. And I too love natural stones.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful congrats!!! Very pretty sapphie, totally my kind of color! Hope we get to see lots of pix soon!!! :))) I collect unheated sapphires, different colors but I very much prefer a Cornflower Blue or lighter with preferably a bit of violet. Very subjective but hope you will enjoy it. And I too love natural stones.

Thank you @Sunstorm! I’m excited to get it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update again! Haha He got it back! He’s setting it now..He said I didn’t have to pay until I know I like it! The man is a saint!

Woohoo!!!! So happy for you Joanne! :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MamaB - if it comes and has a window you don't like maybe have him add a "plate" under it like I had him do with Uni (antique step cut with big open culet). Works like a charm!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
MamaB - if it comes and has a window you don't like maybe have him add a "plate" under it like I had him do with Uni (antique step cut with big open culet). Works like a charm!

Ooohh @Dee*Jay! Thank you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooohh @Dee*Jay! Thank you!

Let me know if you want a picture.

ETA - if you want to test that out before having him do it (if you do go down that path) put a piece of aluminum foil under the ring and see what you think. I'm having Ilya put a plate under my new emerald when the ring is designed because it is a light transparent stone and I don't want event the possibility of seeing my finger through it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once the covid pandemic is over i thought about 'rewarding' my cheap and cheerful silver white saphire peridot ring by having a jewlery put some silver under the huge window in the peridot (or what ever they do)
the window annoys me but the ring has been my work horse on my index finger keeping me from touching my face when ever i have gone out this last year

That's for mentioning this @Dee*Jay

@MamaBee when will it be here ?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let me know if you want a picture.

ETA - if you want to test that out before having him do it (if you do go down that path) put a piece of aluminum foil under the ring and see what you think. I'm having Ilya put a plate under my new emerald when the ring is designed because it is a light transparent stone and I don't want event the possibility of seeing my finger through it.

I would love to see a picture @Dee*Jay..I wish he just sent me the sapphire..He’s setting it..but told me I could return it if I didn’t like it. I will feel so bad if I have to do that.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to see a picture @Dee*Jay..I wish he just sent me the sapphire..He’s setting it..but told me I could return it if I didn’t like it. I will feel so bad if I have to do that.

Don't feel bad
Its your money and you have to enjoy wearing it

I have a suspect saphire ring (way too dark bordering on black) and while i love the setting the stones bother me so much i don't ware it

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once the covid pandemic is over i thought about 'rewarding' my cheap and cheerful silver white saphire peridot ring by having a jewlery put some silver under the huge window in the peridot (or what ever they do)
the window annoys me but the ring has been my work horse on my index finger keeping me from touching my face when ever i have gone out this last year

That's for mentioning this @Dee*Jay

@MamaBee when will it be here ?

@Daisys and Diamonds David didn’t mention when I’ll be getting it...I don’t think it will be too much longer. If the peridot was mine and it took me through the pandemic safely..I would love it window and all.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't feel bad
Its your money and you have to enjoy wearing it

I have a suspect saphire ring (way too dark bordering on black) and while i love the setting the stones bother me so much i don't ware it

Thank you..Can you post a photo of your sapphire?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you..Can you post a photo of your sapphire?

Your right about the peridot
Its an imperfect time and everyone is doing the best we can to carry on just like the peridot and her window 20210328_111415.jpg
I should reward her with a clean
The saphires are sparkly in the sun

all my (blue) saphires are (a bit too) dark but this looks black
i have a thread somewhere because one day im going to replace the saphires with basically anything else (topaz) that is an actual colour

Your stone is in a completly different league but mine came from the mall

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

00992753-AAAE-42D3-BCB0-4C08BB6C3295.jpeg

Here you go!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your right about the peridot
Its an imperfect time and everyone is doing the best we can to carry on just like the peridot and her window 20210328_111415.jpg
I should reward her with a clean
The saphires are sparkly in the sun

all my (blue) saphires are (a bit too) dark but this looks black
i have a thread somewhere because one day im going to replace the saphires with basically anything else (topaz) that is an actual colour

Your stone is in a completly different league but mine came from the mall

I think your rings are VERY pretty.. I love the designs. So what if the sapphires are dark. I have a band that has very dark sapphires. I still think it’s pretty..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Dee*Jay! I’ve never seen that done before! I’ll mention it to him if the window bothers me.

I'd never seen it done either, but I wanted to be sure the open culet didn't bother me so I kind of MacGyvere'd the concept.

I can't wait to see what you think of your "new" ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd never seen it done either, but I wanted to be sure the open culet didn't bother me so I kind of MacGyvere'd the concept.

I can't wait to see what you think of your "new" ring!

That was a clever idea! The MacGyvere reference made me smile. I have a friend from way back that was crazy about him. Her husband would get really jealous. Haha

Thanks @rcjtraveler! He mentioned again that I should look at it first..If I like it I can pay him then. Did I say I love that man? Haha

What a great option to offer to customers. Takes off so much pressure of feeling like you have to love the stone since you've already paid for it/not wanting to deal with returns.

Can't wait for it to be Wednesday!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @rcjtraveler! He mentioned again that I should look at it first..If I like it I can pay him then. Did I say I love that man? Haha

He really is a pleasure to work with. He is working on a bracelet and pendant for me and can’t wait to see them. He had to redo the bezels on the bracelet as he felt the diamonds were at risk after the milgrain so trying to patiently wait for a redo! Just approved the pendant CAD.
I am sure you will like the ring with your new sapphire. He has such great taste I bet it will look awesome.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great option to offer to customers. Takes off so much pressure of feeling like you have to love the stone since you've already paid for it/not wanting to deal with returns.

Can't wait for it to be Wednesday!

Thank you! I agree @AnastasiaBeaverhausen I just feel the guilt because first I told him no..Then I asked for a video outside which he did. Then I told him yes. I asked him so many questions he didn’t think I wanted it so he sent it back. Then I asked him if he was setting it. He said no he sent it back again. I sent him a sad face so he got it back. How would I tell him I don’t like it without sounding like a crazy person....If I see a window that bothers me I will put a piece of aluminum foil behind it to mimic the plate @Dee*Jay suggested to see if it would make a difference.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
He really is a pleasure to work with. He is working on a bracelet and pendant for me and can’t wait to see them. He had to redo the bezels on the bracelet as he felt the diamonds were at risk after the milgrain so trying to patiently wait for a redo! Just approved the pendant CAD.
I am sure you will like the ring with your new sapphire. He has such great taste I bet it will look awesome.

@rcjtraveler I can’t wait to see your pendant and bracelet! Your bracelet will look like your band, right? I love that band!
He’s also redoing an anniversary
band I had made by someone else
that I never wore. It was a bar set baguette and round diamond band. I never liked the bars..He’s going to make the diamonds all prong set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results