shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this diamond look dark?

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
Does this diamond look dark? Or is it me, I really love the arrows and symmetry but am not sure if it will be too dark...

1603495461448.png

Diamond Details | Blue Nile

www.bluenile.com
www.bluenile.com

VS2 / H Color/ 1.45
Table:
58%
Depth: 61.9%
Crown Angle: 35° / Pavilion Angle 40.6°
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted: 4.0%
Fluorescence: Faint
HCA Score:
Light Return:Excellent
Fire:Excellent
Scintillation:Excellent
Spread:Very Good
HCA Score :1.0 - Excellent - within TIC range

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Visually to me, it is a very pretty stone. Is that a 55% table? Really nice arrows. I think what you are perceiving as dark is the H color. Others may disagree with me, but owning 6 stones of various colors that is my opinion. But it is a visually very appealing diamond.

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
Visually to me, it is a very pretty stone. Is that a 55% table? Really nice arrows. I think what you are perceiving as dark is the H color. Others may disagree with me, but owning 6 stones of various colors that is my opinion. But it is a visually very appealing diamond.

Its actually a 58% table which was making me hesitant but overall its such a pretty stone. I have looked at so many stones and the arrows and symmetry on this one is appealing. I have a 10K upgrade budget so this one seems to fit the bill.

Its an 1 on the HCA scale and my current diamond that I bought 5 years ago without the help of PS is a 5.4!!!! And I did love that one when I got it! It has a decent amount of sparkle!

I am color sensitive and so I am trying to stick to an H because that's what I currently have.

I have this on hold? Do you think I should buy it? I feel pretty good about it, it does look stunning.

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
The darkness is the black camera lens - unless you paint your face jet black you will not see the diamond like that.
The proportions are nice - But already told you hahahaha!

Thanks Garry! I am pretty close to finalizing on this one. PS and the HCA have been so helpful. I had just noted above that the first diamond bought was an 5.2 on the HCA! If knew what I knew now, its a great rejection tool.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Its actually a 58% table which was making me hesitant but overall its such a pretty stone. I have looked at so many stones and the arrows and symmetry on this one is appealing. I have a 10K upgrade budget so this one seems to fit the bill.

Its an 1 on the HCA scale and my current diamond that I bought 5 years ago without the help of PS is a 5.4!!!! And I did love that one when I got it! It has a decent amount of sparkle!

I am color sensitive and so I am trying to stick to an H because that's what I currently have.

I have this on hold? Do you think I should buy it? I feel pretty good about it, it does look stunning.
Wow, obviously a very personal choice. What color was your previous? What was the size? What is the crown height in the new one? What are the specs of the old one?
This is very pretty! Would love to know the answers to the questions I asked as I think it would help you feel more confident about this purchase.
Do you need to get a new mounting to accommodate it?

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
Wow, obviously a very personal choice. What color was your previous? What was the size? What is the crown height in the new one? What are the specs of the old one?
This is very pretty! Would love to know the answers to the questions I asked as I think it would help you feel more confident about this purchase.
Do you need to get a new mounting to accommodate it?

So my current stone is an H VS2 0.89
Table 57%
Depth 61.9
Crown 36/Pavilion 41

And its a 5.3 on the HCA, I do like it, and when I got it I was pleased but now I know much more about diamonds, and because it was under 1 carat there was no video or plot diagram.

I will be replacing my current setting as well, its yellow gold and I want platinum.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
You are not lowering on color or clarity. You are increasing in size considerably. You are getting a massive upgrade in HCA score. You are getting platinum. The stone is gorgeous. I think you know your answer. Is there a video so we could see the darkness you are concerned about?

yyc_la_signa

Rough_Rock
You are not lowering on color or clarity. You are increasing in size considerably. You are getting a massive upgrade in HCA score. You are getting platinum. The stone is gorgeous. I think you know your answer. Is there a video so we could see the darkness you are concerned about?

I really love the stone! Especially the symmetry I am a but for that! I went to some jewelry stores to see what I diamonds looked like in person and I could see a considerable difference. Nothing wrong with warmth but not for me.

Here is a video: https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD14534660

I am planning on have a Tiffany inspired custom setting created by David Klass a jeweler in LA. I like some of elements of the design especially the prongs but I want to add a twist, not a replica.

I love that lower ring in your avatar, where is the setting from?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The diamond is very pretty. It is hard for me to comment on the color because I have been spoiled with an E color so now my H Brian Gavin is too warm for me. But this stone you are loving is gorgeous. Truly. Mounting sounds fabulous.
Thank you for the compliment. Both mountings are the same... they are from CLIQ, the company that makes the rings that open up (for people will large knuckles). I loved the mounting so much I put both my GIA 3X 2.01 E, SI2 and my Brian Gavin AGS000 VS1, H 2.31ct in the same mounting (I have knuckle issues so I need this type of ring shank).
Go for the diamond - I think you will be very happy. It's gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results