shape
carat
color
clarity

Does these work together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look great together!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
They are stunning together! I second the need to wear a thin, plain band between the two rings to prevent damage.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
well i appreciate all of your "brave" opinions! seriously, either way, i just needed some feedback, and it is all helpful. i can see it both ways, sometimes when i look at them together, i can see the "competition" that someone mentioned. other times, i just think the set has character and looks really neat! i can wear them separately too, so no big deal, i do like the ruby ring alone as well. i can keep looking for other bands as time goes by, and then maybe have a few to choose from when the mood strikes. one thing is for sure, if i would have just asked my mom or some friends, they would not have been able to be as objective and honest as you all, so i thank you for all of your input!
emteeth.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ruby and diamond band is just beautiful! I do like them together, but I also would buy a tiny band to go between them.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Simply BREATHTAKING!!! I love it
36.gif

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 9:14:19 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, I hate to post after all those glowing confirmations! I LOVE the ruby and diamond ring, but I think it is too much with your e-ring. A thin pave band would look best, to me. Your beautifulk e-ring has a lot of presence, and I think you need a more subtle wedding band. But on a forum, you''ll usually get varying opinions!
I agree. I love both rings but do not like them together. While I do love the rubbies, paired with the e-ring, they take the focus off the center diamond and compete with your e-ring. Perhaps and identical ring but with no rubbies, just diamonds.

swom324

Rough_Rock
How about 2 thin all-ruby bands, set low and with enough metal on the sides to keep anything from rubbing? Then you could stack something else in the middle when you don''t want to wear the ering.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 9:29:27 AM
Author: Ellen

Well, I hate to post after all those glowing confirmations! I LOVE the ruby and diamond ring, but I think it is too much with your e-ring. A thin pave band would look best, to me. Your beautifulk e-ring has a lot of presence, and I think you need a more subtle wedding band. But on a forum, you''ll usually get varying opinions!
I have to agree with the brave one here.
9.gif
I DO love the band, just not with the ering.
5.gif
Quaditto. Love them both separately but not together. The ruby band competes and to my eye, takes away from your ering. I think a plain thin plat band might be nice with your ering, or a very thin pave on top band? And you could wear that wband with the ruby band when you dont want to wear the ering?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I said I love it - can we see it from some other angles too, please?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look beautiful together.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
thanks! i don''t have other angles yet, but how about some distance shots and some close ups with, and without the band. if anyone changes their mind after the before and afters, its ok, just tell me the truth! thanks!

isis74.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Isis,

I LOVE both of your rings, but there is something distracting about the ruby ring when its paired with your e-ring. It takes away from your gorgeous e-ring, and the eye (at least my eye) went right to the ruby one....which is kind of sad b/c your engagement ring is so beautiful.

I would go with a thin pave diamond band with your ring....I just think it would just flow more. Then on days I didnt want to wear the e-ring, I would stack the plain pave band with the ruby band. I love that look!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still LOVE it!!!!! There''s a gal at an antique store I frequent, with an EC platinum ER and a ruby and diamond band in yellow gold - sounds weird, but I can''t take my eyes OFF it when I''m there! It looks spectacular - I do love rubies. I do not think it competes with your ER, but of course it''s all in the eyes of the beholder. At this point it''s really what YOU like best. If I were you I''d wear them together - your look would be uniquely yours - but if your uncomfortable don''t. It''s lovely either way, so it''s a no lose situation.
(p.s. are they each sized exactly right, BTW?)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 10:58:22 AM
Author: Dani
Hi Isis,

I LOVE both of your rings, but there is something distracting about the ruby ring when its paired with your e-ring. It takes away from your gorgeous e-ring, and the eye (at least my eye) went right to the ruby one....which is kind of sad b/c your engagement ring is so beautiful.

I would go with a thin pave diamond band with your ring....I just think it would just flow more. Then on days I didnt want to wear the e-ring, I would stack the plain pave band with the ruby band. I love that look!
That''s exactly what happens with me when I look. It almost makes the Ering an afterthought, and it is hardly an afterthought!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2008 12:43:47 PM

Date: 1/13/2008 10:58:22 AM
Author: Dani
Hi Isis,

That''s exactly what happens with me when I look. It almost makes the Ering an afterthought, and it is hardly an afterthought!
Same here!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i can see how that may be the case. i''m not a real "matching wedding set" type of person, or i could have had one custom made at the time i had this made. i wanted to be different, but still have flow and a complimentary set. i think i will try other things out and see what else is out there. i like the pave idea, but i''m afraid it would just blend "too well" for my taste. i kind of like this combo though, even though it may be a little over the top, so i might wear them together on occasion, but keep my options open. thanks everyone!!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it!!! I think they compliment each other well.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you''re going to keep it in your repertoire, b/c I go gaga (sp?) over it! Based on this forum, the votes are split down the middle, but you''ll make the people who LOVE it happy if you pair them up at least from time to time. I like that it''s uniquely YOURS, but in such a classy way! Best of luck!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still love it!!! I just love the splash of color that the rubies add to the set! I am not sure if you already posted this, but where did you find that gorgeous ruby band?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them together, both rings are stunning, makes me think about a ruby and diamond band (my first ering was small band of rubies and diamonds)

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 2:39:11 PM
Author: surfgirl

9.gif
5.gif
Quaditto. Love them both separately but not together. The ruby band competes and to my eye, takes away from your ering.
Quintuple-ditto! And I agree w/ Ellen, Dani & Lorelei. They are each stunning, but for me, not the best together.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they compete too much. They look nicer close up but as the photos get further away you only them competing with one another.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE how it looks. But I think the band would look better with the ering if the diamonds in the band were smaller. I LOVE the red/white with the VERY WHITE ering though!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m totally for things NOT being matchy-matchy, just so long as they''re somewhat the same style. My wedding band isn''t matchy with my ering, either (soon as I have my ering cleaned again I''ll be posting pics), but both pieces have an antique flair, which sort of makes them "cousins".

As for you, I absolutely love that ruby and diamond band. It does look a bit like a different style altogether from the ering, but it doesn''t take away from it and both rings are absolutely gorgeous. So if you love it, then bling away! Wear them in good health!
9.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
BTW I feel the need to tell you that you have really pretty hands!!

But the more I look at those pics the more I''m not sure I''d pair THOSE two bands together, they are equally beautiful, and you can''t have THAT! Too much competition!! Haha...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Now with the other pics, I am starting to think the others are right, perhaps a think pave band would enhance the e-ring. They do compete a little....

Your choice obviously but I think....get two bands...and switch off!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
....it''s a real WINNER! Classic and unique at the same time! Maybe a thin/plain band to alternate with?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 11:53:17 AM
Author: Lorelei

9.gif
5.gif

Me sixitto
3.gif
, but they are both stunning rings, just for my taste both can stand alone.
30.gif

I don''t know what number we''re on now but I agree. I think your e-ring would look lovely with a think pave band or something similar. The ruby band is beautiful also but I''m just not sure of the look altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results