shape
carat
color
clarity

Does the clarity affect the brilliance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

betection

Rough_Rock
with a diamond that is rbc that is a very good cut g si2, will a clarity of I1 affect the sparkle or brilliance of the diamond?

Will the diamond shine more as an si2 or i1 or does the inclusions not have an affect on the brilliance?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clarity can have an affect on the brilliance of a diamond.
usualy it inst much on anything under i1 but it can be even on a vs2 depending on where the inclusion is.
Remember that diamonds are graded from the top a long thin feather may apear real small from the top but run from the top to the bottom of the diamond.
It can affect the light reflections in the diamond.

betection

Rough_Rock
thanks gang, great start, any experts have any advise?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on the inclusion(s) and location. A feather that lies parallel to the facets cut will have very little if any impact on performance. A feather that lies across the grain of the facets cut can impact performance and potentially be eye visible. A carbon crystal sitting in the center of the stone can be refracted around and look like several crystals. Clouds can obscure brilliance. It really depends on the inclusion and the location.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a crackled glass piece around? I1 diamonds could are a bit 'cracled' inside (some things going on, white inclusions could be some 'feathers' - and those are really like the the internal sealed 'cracks' in cracled glass) but not as much as the respective piece of glassware. These included diamonds are transparent and the inclusions inside colorless - distrotions and interruptions in the crystal lattice. Light passes through them, but it is it's direction that is distorted. This is why you see the inclusion anyway. These do not make the diamonds dark.

If there are non-transparent inclusions in the diamond, tey better be invisible. Forget black spots - there is always some way to get a stone without one of those.

It is not very easy to talk 'theory' here. Here ( WWW ) are some examples...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results