shape
carat
color
clarity

Does my wedding band overpower my engagement ring?

SoontobeMrsVT

Rough_Rock
I just got my wedding band, and I’m slightly worried that it overpowers my e-ring. They were both custom made, so not a lot I can do at this point, but I would love some opinions. E-ring is 2 carats with a hidden halo in the underside. Wedding band is a .7 7 stone shared prong. 0E641DB0-B20E-445B-872C-D81BB1627A7F.jpeg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think so. They look great. But since you asked the question, what is it that bothers you?

SoontobeMrsVT

Rough_Rock
I don’t think so. They look great. But since you asked the question, what is it that bothers you?

I think I’m just not used to it. I don’t wear a lot of jewelry and I love my e-ring so much, the simplicity of it etc. I was just afraid it detracts from it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’m just not used to it. I don’t wear a lot of jewelry and I love my e-ring so much, the simplicity of it etc. I was just afraid it detracts from it.

Your 2 carat oval can definitely hold its own! But there’s no harm in playing around with other bands, but consider that I own 30 or so different bands, lol.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No! Looks so absolutely breathtaking and you have very beautiful hands.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect! You'll soon adjust to the bigger look.

fizzychip

Rough_Rock
Looks fab!

I’ve taken to wearing an heirloom eternity band instead of my plain wedding band alongside my 0.3ct engagement ring (see avatar) - the balance is completely off but the sparkles from both rings make me happy!

It’s certainly an adjustment to get used to wearing another ring alongside your engagement ring but hopefully the extra sparkles make your heart sing in time. If not, as @nala said, you could have different bands and have this as your blingy one!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them together. It's new so it might take time for you to get used to it. Each time I get a new ring I am like wow this is huge and then in no time at all it looks "normal" to me. I think your band looks just stunning with your gorgeous ER (and your gorgeous ER can certainly hold its own) and give it some time and I bet you will think the same. A beautiful combination.:love:

And with time you might mix and match and stack other bands. Variety is the spice of life after all and you can have fun with it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look perfect together. Just beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not at all! I think your rings look wonderful together - good job!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did really well here! The only thing I worry about is the band eating away at your main setting over time, you may want to add a spacer to help prevent this from happening. Beautiful set!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I one had a band with 10 pointers and I think that is the largest size that looks good as wedding band that doesn't take away from the engagement ring. The last post before mine mentioned a spacer band, and regardless of whether your wedding band can scratch the engagement ring, you might want to wear a thin wedding band of the same height as your e-ring shank to just give a little separation between the bling. Then your e-ring will stand out more. Your rings are beautiful!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look beautiful together. My favorite thing about a solitaire is wearing them with different bands. Enjoy this blingy wedding band that is so beautiful and down the road get some new bands to add to the fun.

SoontobeMrsVT

Rough_Rock
I think you did really well here! The only thing I worry about is the band eating away at your main setting over time, you may want to add a spacer to help prevent this from happening. Beautiful set!

That’s what I’ve heard. I believe I can get one off of Etsy, unless you have other recommendations.

SoontobeMrsVT

Rough_Rock
Your 2 carat oval can definitely hold its own! But there’s no harm in playing around with other bands, but consider that I own 30 or so different bands, lol.

Goals!

SoontobeMrsVT

Rough_Rock
I one had a band with 10 pointers and I think that is the largest size that looks good as wedding band that doesn't take away from the engagement ring. The last post before mine mentioned a spacer band, and regardless of whether your wedding band can scratch the engagement ring, you might want to wear a thin wedding band of the same height as your e-ring shank to just give a little separation between the bling. Then your e-ring will stand out more. Your rings are beautiful!
That’s a wonderful idea, thank you!
No! Looks so absolutely breathtaking and you have very beautiful hands.

Thank you!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
They look great together! The nice thing is that the wedding band is blingy enough to wear on its own as well!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, but I think I'd like it more with a skinny spacer in between the rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results